Petitions to recall supervisors are c...

Petitions to recall supervisors are certified

There are 26 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Sep 18, 2008, titled Petitions to recall supervisors are certified. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

They cleared a major initial hurdle Wednesday afternoon. Gloucester's voter registrar finished certifying petition signatures related to an effort to recall four county supervisors and said she expected to have ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#1 Sep 18, 2008
Let the games begin......
Right On

Montgomery, AL

#2 Sep 18, 2008
Remind me again Jimmy P what the bet was. I remember what I owe if the supervisors are removed through the petition process but I can't remember what JE/JM/Pete and them owe if they aren't.
Hanoverians Saxon Gaelic

United States

#3 Sep 18, 2008
Let justice prevail. Great job, Garr etal & our unnamed hereos for collecting the petitions, doing it LEGALLY and hot days and nights seeking their goal. ALL the supporters who signed without prejudice or malice. Good job!

Lady Justice is waiting for the final gavel to hit the desk- removal of the BOS.
Just Me

Gloucester, VA

#4 Sep 18, 2008
Jimmy P wrote:
Party at Jimmy P's House!!!!
Hanoverians Saxon Gaelic

United States

#5 Sep 18, 2008
Does JimmyP of VABch, know we are all planning a
grand luau at his place? With 300 plus people attending?:D
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#6 Sep 18, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text> Party at Jimmy P's House!!!!
And I'll provide the ice cold brew!
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#7 Sep 18, 2008
Right On wrote:
Remind me again Jimmy P what the bet was. I remember what I owe if the supervisors are removed through the petition process but I can't remember what JE/JM/Pete and them owe if they aren't.
We owe $50 if any of the following occurs:
1. The Fab 4 are found guilty
2. are removed by petition
3. they resign

I'm still feeling confident that team Hang Em High will be paying. I think the substitute judge and prosecutor bodes well for TA and company.
Just Me

Gloucester, VA

#8 Sep 18, 2008
Hanoverians Saxon Gaelic wrote:
Does JimmyP of VABch, know we are all planning a
grand luau at his place? With 300 plus people attending?:D
No Gae I think the guest list should also include every single petition signer so make that six thousand give or take. I am sure Mrs P. will be thrilled.
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#9 Sep 18, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text> No Gae I think the guest list should also include every single petition signer so make that six thousand give or take. I am sure Mrs P. will be thrilled.
I love a good party. I'll send the Misses to the Mall or TJ Maxx.(I can't stand that store but my wife loves it)
Larry Crane

Cherry Hill, NJ

#10 Sep 18, 2008
Justice shall be swift, its about time the bums are thrown out. we have enough bums in Washington we don't need crooked politicians here at the local level also. But this will not be the end the next bunch will act the same that's the good ole boy network.
Right On

Montgomery, AL

#11 Sep 18, 2008
Jimmy P wrote:
<quoted text>
We owe $50 if any of the following occurs:
1. The Fab 4 are found guilty
2. are removed by petition
3. they resign
I'm still feeling confident that team Hang Em High will be paying. I think the substitute judge and prosecutor bodes well for TA and company.
The prosecutor is definitely going to be operating outside her element...could be good...could be bad. TBD.
Right On

Montgomery, AL

#12 Sep 18, 2008
Somebody on this thread is spineless. Quit hiding behind the "Judge It" button and explain why I'm "clueless".
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#13 Sep 18, 2008
Right On wrote:
Somebody on this thread is spineless. Quit hiding behind the "Judge It" button and explain why I'm "clueless".
Don't take it personal. Unless you're a part of team Hang Em High then you will always get the clueless, nutz, spam icons.
Right On

Montgomery, AL

#14 Sep 19, 2008
Jimmy P wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take it personal. Unless you're a part of team Hang Em High then you will always get the clueless, nutz, spam icons.
Yeah, you're right Jimmy P. I've decided to embrace it...gonna get a t-shirt printed up with those symbols on it...wear it around G-Town...
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#15 Sep 19, 2008
Can you make up a second one for me? I will pick up and pay for it at Tony's restaurant.
witch hunt

Vandergrift, PA

#16 Sep 19, 2008
Right On wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're right Jimmy P. I've decided to embrace it...gonna get a t-shirt printed up with those symbols on it...wear it around G-Town...
Be careful what kind of T-shirt you have printed up!!! Some of these people can't take a joke like that.
Time for Action

Hayes, VA

#17 Sep 19, 2008
Right On wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have the intestinal fortitude to wear that t-shirt...lol

“Gaelic-Ioudaious "Sookie"”

Since: May 08

Emerald Isle, N.C Topsail

#19 Sep 19, 2008
Right On wrote:
<quoted text>
The prosecutor is definitely going to be operating outside her element...could be good...could be bad. TBD.
This is going to be a slam dunk for C. Dodson. Family Law-Violent Crimes
25 years experience and she is not going to have a hard time with this case. She prosecutes bigger jerks.

The only leg right now for the defense, is the petition.
Grasping for straws-nonetheless.

#20 Sep 19, 2008
Jimmy P wrote:
Can you make up a second one for me? I will pick up and pay for it at Tony's restaurant.
Tony's in VaBch?

#21 Sep 19, 2008
Jimmy P wrote:
The games began a good while back.

So, the slick Troy has probably shown more shade that I thought he would.
Trying to play the "OATH" card is weak.

I have signed petitions before, I never had to swear or be sworn in?

Almost worth cracking a smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Jan 28 Musikologist 6
News 30-plus horses removed from Zuni home (Jan '09) Sep '16 Bob 74
Medicaid expansion in Virginia (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
local lesbian (May '15) Dec '15 Kesha 3
Help me get my husband Thanksgiving Dinner (Nov '15) Nov '15 helpgetturkey 1
A living sacrafice (Sep '15) Oct '15 nodc 4
Don't you wish (Jul '15) Jul '15 Laughing at you 1

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance