Franklin woman charged with child neg...

Franklin woman charged with child neglect after cocaine found i...

There are 17 comments on the WTKR story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Franklin woman charged with child neglect after cocaine found i.... In it, WTKR reports that:

Franklin, Va. A- A Franklin woman has been charged with child neglect after her 7-month-old was found with cocaine in her system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

wow

Chesapeake, VA

#1 Apr 23, 2010
what a rediculous excuse for a human.
Fla

United States

#2 Apr 23, 2010
2 different sites are each using 2 different pics - how many mug shots does she have?
april

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Apr 23, 2010
I was reading another site also and it said that the cops walked in and did the search when she wasnt found and they found the baby in the crib under a soiled sheet. It also said it smelled like feces and a week ago a man died in her house from an overdose. What kind of mother can do this to her kids. I hope those kids find a better home with someone who actually loves them and will treat them the way they should be. This is so sad
Theresa

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 23, 2010
THis makes me sick and angry! Being a mother myself I just cannot imagine why you would do this to your baby! My heart breaks for that little baby, and I hope he/she can find a loving home!
Proud Liberal

United States

#6 Apr 23, 2010
What about the mother's right to choose?
sad

Calverton, VA

#7 Apr 23, 2010
@Proud Liberal... the mother's right to choose what? to give her child drugs? I don't understand what you are saying.
The sad thing is I vaguely knew this girl when she was growing up. She went to school with my oldest daughter. I guess the dad is already in jail for drug use. It's horrible that these children have had to live like this. Where ever they end up it has to be better then there.
beau

Greenbackville, VA

#9 Apr 24, 2010
I feel for the innocent baby ..Thats what DRUGS do to you ..you become insane dont know what you are doing..DONT DO DRUGS..
Hard Target

Cumberland, VA

#10 Apr 24, 2010
Another Franklin Ghetto Hood Rat!
SECTION 8 SUX

Chesapeake, VA

#11 Apr 24, 2010
Crack h**. No telling what these children have endured and witnessed!
Kay

Portsmouth, VA

#12 Apr 24, 2010
This doesn't make any sense. She is old enough to know right from wrong. But with her being young and dumb, she was probably too busy trying to impress friends or some guy by doing something stupid. Now she is paying for her crime. I hope they make her serve 50 years, she needs her butt kicked, but where she is, its only a matter of time before that happens.
petro

Hampton, VA

#13 Apr 24, 2010
Keep up the good work crackhead!!!!!!!!!!
Richard Dawkins

United States

#14 Apr 24, 2010
Just think, if that child was still in her womb and she destroyed it through abortion, y'all would be giving her standing O's.
carolyn nixon

Poquoson, VA

#15 Apr 24, 2010
now u know that's is not right for a mother treat that baby like that she could off give it away or waited for social services opening up in then gave it to them that was just so wrong of her.
True Mother

AOL

#16 Apr 25, 2010
Give me the baby... I will take good care of her baby(s) I thought she had another one... Does anyone know if she had another baby?!?! I cannot believe that she or anyone would do this type of activity around their child, let alone their defenseless baby!!!! LET ME HAVE THE BABY!!! I already have three children and would be more than happy to take hers!!!
mother my self

Overland Park, KS

#17 Apr 25, 2010
they should take and tie her tubes before she out of jail,if you take these babies ,she will just go have more.you know as soon as she gets out the system will return the baby to her,so state of affair,she knew what she was doing and is a worthless excuse for a human being.
rachel

Annapolis, MD

#19 Apr 26, 2010
this is just straight up stupidity and the child should never be given back. BUT as we know this child will be exposed to this again because they crazy rules about keeping families together. They are more concerned about the family unit than the families lives.
A Father

United States

#20 Apr 26, 2010
This makes me furious, This little soul is less then a year old and has already been exposed to drugs and the sick individuals who live in this environment.
So where do we go from here ? The child must be taken from the so called mother and placed in a loving caring home while it is still young enough not to remember. Only then will she have a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Jan '17 Musikologist 6
News 30-plus horses removed from Zuni home (Jan '09) Sep '16 Bob 74
Medicaid expansion in Virginia (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
local lesbian (May '15) Dec '15 Kesha 3
Help me get my husband Thanksgiving Dinner (Nov '15) Nov '15 helpgetturkey 1
A living sacrafice (Sep '15) Oct '15 nodc 4
Don't you wish (Jul '15) Jul '15 Laughing at you 1

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance