Ferry is lifeline to folks on both sides of James River

There are 7 comments on the Apr 29, 2009, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Ferry is lifeline to folks on both sides of James River. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Conor Pelton-Owen sat recently at the wheel of his minivan, cruising across the James River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kikuyu Henderson

Moseley, VA

#62 Jun 9, 2009
Suribachi wrote:
<quoted text>
They promoted her to shift supervisor. Unbelievable!!!!
They just want to make sure the black guys stay out of the office.
Unidentified2370 2

United States

#63 Jun 9, 2009
My neighbor’s son wife’s brother son uses the ferry and said, he heard while his car was screened the big boss was evicted from his room and now lives on a sailboat. He couldn’t get along with the homeowner. This gal you talk about was also put out on the street by her ex because she gotten real big in size (correct weight for height). She said, he tried to rape her, but either way she needed a place to stay. Some say, she moved to Franklin others say she now lives on a sailboat. Does Franklin have a marina?
Dthroat11211

United States

#64 Jun 15, 2009
The person you are referring to in the previous several posts has NOT been promoted to a supervisory position.

If a shift supervisor that is working during normal business hours has to leave for some reason or emergency, then she or one of the other day workers will be used to man the desk in order to answer the phone; they do not do any of the other functions of the shift supervisor.
Anomyous21

United States

#65 Jun 22, 2009
Dthroat11211 is correct. I work at the ferry service and Becca is definately not a shift supervisor.

As for the other things going on with her. She should be disciplined for what occured. Will it happen? I do not know.

Since: Jun 09

Virginia Beach, VA

#66 Jun 22, 2009
Unidentified23702 wrote:
My neighbor’s son wife’s brother son uses the ferry and said, he heard ....
Nothing like fifth hand information when you're seeking accuracy.
Anomyous28

Dade City, FL

#67 Jul 4, 2009
Anomyous21 wrote:
Dthroat11211 is correct. I work at the ferry service and Becca is definately not a shift supervisor.
As for the other things going on with her. She should be disciplined for what occured. Will it happen? I do not know.
She answers the phone as shift supervisor. In her mind, she thinks she's a supervisor and gets away with it. Nothing is going to happen to her for her racist remarks. She dropped off another doctor note to get out of work this weekend and should be out once again on short term - should be back in 6 months. Becca tells management what she is going to do. One day she left work because she was tired. There is something going on with her and management or she has something on them.
conor

United States

#68 Feb 16, 2010
Ummmm wrote:
"It depends on what hours are cut for it to affect me, but it doesn't sound like a good idea," Pelton-Owen said. "It'll mean waiting, which is the most frustrating part of riding the ferry."
LEARN PATIENCE OR GET A DRIVERS LICENSE!!!
they molded my words here and i had a drivers license??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Mar 26 Musikologist 3
Free employment history? (Nov '13) Feb '15 Mikel 3
Does anyone in Capron Know Marada Deel Feb '15 black Beard 3
News Franklin paper mill closure to cost region $27 ... (Oct '09) Feb '15 Mark p 6
browneyesgirl85 on farmers only.com (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dave 1
News Police identify man buried under pile of peanuts (Nov '07) Nov '13 Erin Schlosser 13
News Franklin senior dies of unknown causes (Apr '08) Oct '13 rebekah skowronsk... 32
More from around the web

Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]