Kids accused in business burglaries

There are 4 comments on the WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Kids accused in business burglaries. In it, WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads reports that:

Seventeen crimes in 17 days, and Franklin police believe the criminals are not even 17 years old.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads.

Chris

Newport News, VA

#1 Aug 1, 2008
They should not be let out of jail no matter what their age. They need to be held accountable for what they did. I would love to catch some breaking into my store, that is what I keep a loaded gun for. I dont care if you are 10 years old, if you are old enough to break the law you are old enough to be shot.
Gene

Newport News, VA

#2 Aug 1, 2008
where are the parents of these kids more so the need to be held liable also make them pay damages and charge them accordingly.. with child endangerment,ect. ect.
amanda

Aylett, VA

#4 Aug 1, 2008
I AGREE! WHY ARE KIDS RUNNING THE STREETS AT NIGHT...THE PARENTS HAVE GOT TO GET SOME BLAME ON THIS!
Another View

Waynesville, NC

#5 Aug 4, 2008
Being a parent myself I can tell you what my son has said in the past. He tells me that some kids tell there parents they are going one place(a friends) and they are going somewhere else, this applies to all ages even the spend the night thing. The days of a parent checking with another parent are long gone unfortunately it seems we don't talk at all. Trusting them to make the right decision is a good thing until they break that trust then something else has to be done. The store owners shouldn't have to have any out of pocket expenses for this behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
local lesbian May 20 jasmineb 1
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Mar '15 Musikologist 3
Free employment history? (Nov '13) Feb '15 Mikel 3
Does anyone in Capron Know Marada Deel (Oct '14) Feb '15 black Beard 3
News Franklin paper mill closure to cost region $27 ... (Oct '09) Feb '15 Mark p 6
browneyesgirl85 on farmers only.com (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dave 1
News Police identify man buried under pile of peanuts (Nov '07) Nov '13 Erin Schlosser 13
More from around the web

Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]