Franklin Lumber Mil to close

Franklin Lumber Mil to close

There are 2 comments on the WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads story from Oct 2, 2009, titled Franklin Lumber Mil to close. In it, WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads reports that:

"I think the whole town is a little worried," a Franklin business owner told WAVY.com. Anxiety is not new to business owners in Franklin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads.

Annoymous

Suffolk, VA

#1 Oct 23, 2009
This is truly devastating to Franklin and surrounding areas, but the thing is we aren't closing down because of the economy, it's because International Paper has a huge reputation for buying small businesses and closing them with in 10 years. We were doing just fine when it was Union Camp. The equipment was kept up to date, but with IP they just let the equipment die with out repairing it because it would take "too much money" away from the IP executives. In my opinion it's wrong for them to close the Franking plant. Franklin is going to die a very cruel and harsh death.
FLy

Newport News, VA

#2 Oct 25, 2009
I think it is sad but people of Franklin Give it to the Lord

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Jan '17 Musikologist 6
News 30-plus horses removed from Zuni home (Jan '09) Sep '16 Bob 74
Medicaid expansion in Virginia (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
local lesbian (May '15) Dec '15 Kesha 3
Help me get my husband Thanksgiving Dinner (Nov '15) Nov '15 helpgetturkey 1
A living sacrafice (Sep '15) Oct '15 nodc 4
Don't you wish (Jul '15) Jul '15 Laughing at you 1

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance