Police kill Franklin man after stando...

Police kill Franklin man after standoff following domestic dispute

There are 12 comments on the WTKR story from Dec 20, 2009, titled Police kill Franklin man after standoff following domestic dispute. In it, WTKR reports that:

Franklin, Va. A- Police shot and killed a 36-year-old Donald Whitley early Sunday morning after responding to reports of a domestic dispute between Whitley and his wife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

janed

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Dec 20, 2009
When will people learn to drop the gun?
gtime

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Dec 20, 2009
He is in a place "better suited" for him now.
concerned citizen

Norfolk, VA

#3 Dec 20, 2009
maybe that's what he wants to end, be with the one who created him.... i agree when does people learn to follow orders... that's why lots of them always get more in trouble...
va beach gal

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Dec 20, 2009
Thank God his wife got out safely......if people don't learn to respect police authority that is what happens we can't allow people to threaten the police!!!
friend of Don Whitley

Portsmouth, VA

#5 Dec 21, 2009
He was a really good and decent man! We are all so sorry it had to end this way. You are missed so much and i know things could have ended differently! There are things that couldve been done different and he might still be here... For people who didnt know him keep your comments to yourself this was very odd for Don to do something like this.
Carl

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Dec 21, 2009
At least his wife won't put up with his anger anymore. Now, she would have closure. Sorry for this comment...this is reality! At least, she'll get peace later on. God bless her.
Former acqaintance

Chesapeake, VA

#7 Dec 21, 2009
friend of Don Whitley wrote:
He was a really good and decent man! We are all so sorry it had to end this way. You are missed so much and i know things could have ended differently! There are things that couldve been done different and he might still be here... For people who didnt know him keep your comments to yourself this was very odd for Don to do something like this.
I have known Don Whitley and the Whitley family for many years. Donald is a alcoholic.
Apparently something caused him to relapse thus prompting this altecation. But Don has done this before. My sister was involved in a previos altercation of a simular nature with Don. He was drunk, they got into a argument and he was violent to her. Fortunatly, she got away and came to my house. I'm sorry that this incident caused Don to take such drastic measures. I can't imagine why. I'm very sorry to hear of this and I know his Parent's and sister and her family are completly devastated. May God be with them during this difficult time.
HardTarget

Franklin, VA

#8 Dec 22, 2009
Friend of Don; you are right there are things that could have been done differently, his family could have done something that may have changed this like getting him help. The police did everything they could have to end the situation peacefully however Don was in full control of that. Since you were not there and you do not know what happened you have no right to make such a comment.
Mary

Wicomico, VA

#9 Dec 22, 2009
He was a great friend
Rev Al Sharpton

Aylett, VA

#10 Dec 22, 2009
friend of Don Whitley wrote:
Was he a brother? Cuz if dah poooolice shot a brother , I be comin on down!
Fellow Human

United States

#11 Dec 23, 2009
Regardless of what caused Don to react the way that he did is in vain now. The issue now is a family is without a loved one and nothing can change that. I didn't know him personally however, My heart goes out to his family and his friends during there time of mourning.
Justice

Portsmouth, VA

#12 Dec 23, 2009
janed wrote:
When will people learn to drop the gun?
When they clear the shit from their ears and listen and stop thinking they're so bad and tough to po po

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Jan '17 Musikologist 6
News 30-plus horses removed from Zuni home (Jan '09) Sep '16 Bob 74
Medicaid expansion in Virginia (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
local lesbian (May '15) Dec '15 Kesha 3
Help me get my husband Thanksgiving Dinner (Nov '15) Nov '15 helpgetturkey 1
A living sacrafice (Sep '15) Oct '15 nodc 4
Don't you wish (Jul '15) Jul '15 Laughing at you 1

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance