No charges filed in mistaken demoliti...

No charges filed in mistaken demolition of historic Franklin building

There are 4 comments on the Home News Tribune story from Apr 10, 2009, titled No charges filed in mistaken demolition of historic Franklin building. In it, Home News Tribune reports that:

No charges were filed against the building owner who demolished a historic structure on Route 27 in order to build a strip mall at the site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Home News Tribune.

bimsy

AOL

#1 May 22, 2009
NO CHARGES FOR OWNER. IT SEEMS ITS OK TO STEP ON OUR HISTORY. I KNOW THAT THOSE WHO COME TO AMERICA DO NOT NEED TO PASS A SO CALLED HISTORY TEST OR TOUGHT TO REPRCT OUR AMERICAN HISTORY. I SEE IT EVERY DAY. PEOPLE COME HERE FOR THE DOLLARS THAT OUR GOVERMENT THROWS AT THEM TO OPEN SHOP. IF YOUR A MIDDLE CLASS TRUE BORN AMERICAN TRUST ME YOU WILL NOT GET A LOAN FROM ANY BANK UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN IN BUES. FOR THREE YEARS. HOW IN THE HECT CAN SOMEONE WHOS NEVER BEEN IN AMERICA COME HERE AND OPEN SHOP? THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A DRIVER LIC, FOR THAT MATTER.From what the banks tell me its the fed. goverment who sets aside these loans for them, not you but them, so why would you think this guy tore down that building, why would he care what a true ameicans think.HE IS ALL ABOUT HIM AND HIS CULTURE AND WHAT HE WANTS. WEKK AS SOON AS BUILD ON IT I WILL HELP ANYONE WHO WANTS TO B-COTT HIM. NO A PROBLEM. IT SEEMS HE PAYED SOMEONE IN THE TOWN TO TURN THE OTHER WAY, HE SHOULD NO BE ABLE TO BULID ON IT BUT MAKE IT A GRASS LOT ONLY.IT WAS HIS DOING THAT TORE IT DOWN NOT A OOPPS I PUT DOWN THE WRONG ADDRESS, BULL, HE PLAYED US FOR THE FOOL. BUT THE DO GOODIES IN THE TOWN WILL LOOK THE OTHER WAY. SOMEONE NEDEDS TO LOOK VERY CLOSE AT THIS, ITS GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN AND IN TIME THERE WILL BE NO HISTORY, TRUST ME. LONG TERM TAKE OVER.
Wayne Swift

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Aug 21, 2009
I grew up in Franklin Park - I remember very well the old Franklin Park Bar & Grill which only recently became Chauncey's. From what I have been told it was originally a horse barn for the old Beekman Hotel built in late 1800's. It was later converted to the tavern in the 1920's. Who does this guy thinks he is & who decided not to file charges? I am very disturbed & hurt that it was torn down.
SickOf Freeloaders

Stroudsburg, PA

#3 Sep 2, 2009
It's called Governmental discrimination against it's own LEGAL ALL AMERICAN Citizens. And we TAX PAYING AMERICAN CITIZENS sit back and say" Hey GOV, shovel some more Sheet in our faces..Deny us medical insurance and give it to ALL the illegal SCUM in our country!" Shall I continue...
Doreen Rush

Commercial Point, OH

#4 Oct 18, 2011
I have been trying to find a photo of the crystal bar.I was open in the early 1960s in new albany ohio.If anyone has any information on this.please let me know. Thank You

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church vs. state: More than a battle of Christm... (Nov '16) Aug 16 samt 5
News Princeton researcher explores Southern Ocean pa... (Oct '13) Aug 9 Madison 6
carrier clinic belle meade nj (Jan '09) Aug 9 JANICE COOPER 100
Any female virgins looking for male virgin to l... Aug 7 thecrimsonhead7 1
Zarephath Christian Church (Sep '13) Aug 6 RENEE 36
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Somerset Aug 3 PSMITH 1
News Changes in the air at two radio stations (Aug '06) Jul 27 Lewis H 1,036

Franklin Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Park Mortgages