'Touchdown Jesus' destroyed by fire

'Touchdown Jesus' destroyed by fire

There are 35 comments on the Journal-News story from Jun 15, 2010, titled 'Touchdown Jesus' destroyed by fire. In it, Journal-News reports that:

The large Jesus statue iconic to Interstate 75 in Monroe was destroyed following an apparent lightning strike during a thunderstorm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ex-mess

Hoschton, GA

#31 Aug 1, 2010
Wow. Thanks God Watcher and TaxFree and IKnow. Keep spreading the word.

I didn't know this stuff about the church and the pastor being a cocaine dealer. I just thought it was funny that the idol got whacked.
ex-mess

Hoschton, GA

#32 Aug 1, 2010
John Henry Holliday wrote:
<quoted text>
It's part of a much larger plan.
God, or perhaps just "voices in their heads" have told the Solid Rock folks that we will now be doing one of the following:
Offsides Jesus
Roughing the Kicker Jesus
Clipping Jesus
Pass Interference Jesus
Intentional Grounding Jesus
Illegal Motion Jesus
Personal Foul Jesus
Some of these are being discussed by the Rock Solid Rock Church of Jesus in the Front Yard. Some may actually have movement and the maintenance is being factored in.
Feel Free To Submit Suggestions As Nothing Has Been Carved In Stone !!!
haha good ones
I know

United States

#33 Aug 2, 2010
When I was letting everyone know about the cocain I forgot to tell you that the only reason he became a preacher b/c it was a dare. He was sitting in the bar one night with a bunch of people and one of them dared him to become a preacher and you see that he did. People should know that it take the lord to call you to preach. So I quess in my point of view he aint no preacher. I heard that they was going to build it back I think it is just going to get brung down again.
mammaw

Centerburg, OH

#34 Aug 3, 2010
I guess he figured out a way to get money without working. People just give it to him. So he is smarter than people thought. The rest of us have to work.
Donating money does not buy you a spot in heaven.
This man is a fraud and so many people think he is so real. Funny.
I know he will never get a dime from me.
SRC

Dubois, IN

#35 Aug 4, 2010
Don't believe everything you hear!
Experienced Christian

South Charleston, OH

#36 Aug 5, 2010
Another symbol of modern trashy contemporary religious nonsense that God literally hates but which has taken over the minds and hearts of people in our nation who should know better. Good to see it gone, but you can be assured that pride will rebuild it bigger and better than ever. This time, I hope they make him walk on the water instead of appearing to sink into it,

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#37 Aug 9, 2010
Maybe since its in hamilton they should build a taco for the illegals that are here and make them feel at home or maybe a big sombraro!!
Funny

Amelia, OH

#38 Aug 15, 2010
John Henry Holliday wrote:
<quoted text>
It's part of a much larger plan.
God, or perhaps just "voices in their heads" have told the Solid Rock folks that we will now be doing one of the following:
Offsides Jesus
Roughing the Kicker Jesus
Clipping Jesus
Pass Interference Jesus
Intentional Grounding Jesus
Illegal Motion Jesus
Personal Foul Jesus
Some of these are being discussed by the Rock Solid Rock Church of Jesus in the Front Yard. Some may actually have movement and the maintenance is being factored in.
Feel Free To Submit Suggestions As Nothing Has Been Carved In Stone !!!
Very funny and well thought out!

Since: Jul 10

Cincinnati, OH

#39 Aug 18, 2010
I am glad it burned down. Maybe jesus knows what hell is like. Maybe the bastard will decide not to send people there anymore.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#40 Aug 19, 2010
Maybe if we did more of loving God with all our hearts, and our neighbor as ourselves we would not have time for all the gossip. Oh yeah, by the way he does not like that either.
WOW

Miamisburg, OH

#41 Nov 12, 2010
Here's the irony, anytime lighting hits something it's called AN ACT OF GOD, You would think the church council, members or whoever is in charge of the decision to rebuild would have thought of a better way to spend that money, Give it to chairty, homeless shelter, food bank or something, Chirstmas is coming up there's slways Coats for Kids or Toys for tots, with what is being spent on a chunk of rock they could donate to all of em
WOW

Miamisburg, OH

#42 Nov 12, 2010
Oh and btw to "truth32" topix, is full of gossip, So dump the holier than thou attituide, YOU are on here as well, YOU must have been looking for it

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#43 Nov 12, 2010
I do not have a hollier than thou attitude, And I am thinking thou is in the King James version of the Bible. You probably only read that version. The others would be to confusing for you.
Lifelong Friend of pastor

Dayton, OH

#44 Nov 17, 2010
#1. To the moron saying that the pastor was convicted of transporting cocaine in his horses either you are lying or your dad telling you the stories is a liar. I have known the pastor his whole life. Nothing like this has ever occurred. The pastor and his family are good people. No need to make up lies just because you don't believe what they believe or because you are jealous of their success while your life sucks.

#2. God struck it down with lightning. Really? It took him 7 years to decide he didn't like it? So, when Pat Robertson says a Tsunami or Earthquake was a message from God you idiots call him a fruit cake, but when this happens you want to say it was a message from God. You can't have it both ways.

#3. The family does so much good for the community and beyond, that is never reported. I personally know an individual that the pastors have given their personal money to, so he could go and build 14 church buildings and orphanages throughout different parts of Asia.

#4. Even though I have been a lifelong friend of the pastor, I do not go to his church. I do not believe like his church believes. I am a different denomination. But that doesn't mean I get on here and try to make them look bad because I believe differently.

5. The Bible says not to woship idols. This was not an idol. It was a statue, just like any of the statues in Hamilton. The church did not worship the statue. No one was worshipping idols.

Get a life people.
mammabear

Mount Gilead, OH

#45 Nov 23, 2010
It is a shame to see any church spend so much money on such a thing. An act of God took it away. As for the rumors the friend is defending, be sure of what you say in defense.
This church has plenty of money to give apparently so if you are in need give them a try, see what happens.
I will never go there period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Jul 22 Right On 31,932
Lindsay bogan (Oct '15) Jul 18 crackerjack 5
Sinday (Jan '11) Jul 16 crackerjack 13
too many blacks (Apr '13) Jul 16 crackerjack 41
News Bobcats, even cougars, could be on prowl in Ohi... (Feb '08) Jul 9 zeke 77
Disciplining Children (Mar '14) Jul 5 Great Judge 7
not John Agenbroad too ? (Oct '08) Jul 1 Missy from Troy 324

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages