'Touchdown Jesus' destroyed by fire

'Touchdown Jesus' destroyed by fire

There are 35 comments on the Journal-News story from Jun 15, 2010, titled 'Touchdown Jesus' destroyed by fire. In it, Journal-News reports that:

The large Jesus statue iconic to Interstate 75 in Monroe was destroyed following an apparent lightning strike during a thunderstorm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Jun 15, 2010
good thats thing was UGLY!! thats why jesus struck in down.
Janice M

Richmond, VA

#2 Jun 15, 2010
I live in Richmond, Virginia. My daughter lives in Franklin, Ohio. Every time I come to see her we have to go by the " BIG JESUS" as my grandson calls it. I sure hope it gets replaced. What a wonderful feeling I get every time I see it. This is truly a sad day.
shameful

Centerburg, OH

#3 Jun 18, 2010
It is a shame to spend so much money on this with so many people out of work and losing their homes. First things first, I guess. People clearly are not first. Here's your sign. I will never go there or donate money.

“Many are cold, Few are frozen”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 19, 2010
I don't think that the real Jesus sent us that storm, the lightning and missed when He dropped that bolt on
the "monument".

He doesn't make mistakes.

He hit what He aimed at.

Donate the 750,000.00 bucks to the Salvation Army, or a homeless shelter.
This is insane.

Do they "televise" services?
Just wondering. I have no use for TV Evangelists.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#6 Jun 21, 2010
shameful wrote:
It is a shame to spend so much money on this with so many people out of work and losing their homes. First things first, I guess. People clearly are not first. Here's your sign. I will never go there or donate money.
I agree. A church should never partake in such a disgusting display of wealth. It goes against all of Jesus' teachings. Sadly, however, they are not the only church to do so.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 21, 2010
Bottom Line?

Jesus isn't on a "farm team". He is what the Majors aspire to be. Perfect.

He doesn't miss.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
riding on the dashbord of my car........

Location hidden

#9 Jun 21, 2010
oh, one more thing Shut Up Harvey !!!!!!!!!!

And sit the fck down for Christ sake. Do ya' think you're some kind of "Jack off In The Box"????

For those of you that don't remember the song, this version is from what is probably one of the BEST MOVIES EVER MADE. COOL HAND LUKE!!!!!!!!!!

“bugs on the windshield”

Location hidden

#12 Jun 21, 2010
MARLINshanksFELONsonINlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
yep
What the hell? Shut up already. Take your personal agendas to church and ask for forgiveness.

Hypocrit/R-US.com. yourself.
Greg

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jun 22, 2010
Big butter Jesus you tube

Location hidden

#14 Jun 22, 2010
<quoted text>
yep
Such a sad li'l fella. Living in Section 8 housing, can't hold a job, thinks he has a future as Li'l Weatherboy on TV, and he's gonna do this and gonna do that and in the end he ain't gonna do a damn thing.

It's sad, but all rats should suck the pipe.

Sit down and shut up Harvey, find something to do other than play with yourself. This is the only life you get buddy, how you likin' yours so far?
God Watcher

South Charleston, OH

#15 Jun 23, 2010
Janice M wrote:
I live in Richmond, Virginia. My daughter lives in Franklin, Ohio. Every time I come to see her we have to go by the " BIG JESUS" as my grandson calls it. I sure hope it gets replaced. What a wonderful feeling I get every time I see it. This is truly a sad day.
It was an idol and God struck it down.
God Watcher

South Charleston, OH

#16 Jun 23, 2010
We are pleased to see the expensive IDOL taken out by The Hand of God... maybe He will do the same thing for the idolatrous temple of shame that poses as a Christian Church beside the idol. Too much money wasted on worldly glories--
I know

United States

#17 Jun 25, 2010
Well I use to live in ohio. I grow up there and I know the preacher very well. Him and my dad use to be friends until he did his crime. If you don't know he owns the horse farm thats called lb ranch that is on the right hand side of the highway between monroe and hamilton. Well i guess it has been some where between 10 and 15 years ago maybe a few years later well anyway he was caught and maybe charged with shipping cocain in horses across the states well after that is when he became a preacher, but I also have heard that he aint stopped and that he had been storeing it in the jesus. you know that if you aint a lawyer or a doctor you shouldn't even go to that church b/c they judge people very bad. weather or not he did store it in there they used it for all the wrong reasons. so from the grace of god he done what was right. If they build it back it will just happen again. I have always know it as cocain jesus b/c thats what everyone has called it. God knows what is right and they done wrong and thats what happens where you do somthing god dont like.

Location hidden

#18 Jun 26, 2010
Put your hand on your radio.....

tax free

Centerburg, OH

#21 Jun 26, 2010
It sure has worked for this man ,it is a church so it is tax free too. Imagine that. Wow.
Maybe he had the right idea. ha ha ha Not meaning the drugs but the preaching, the rest of us have to pay taxes and they want 10% of your pay if you go there too. It is enough to make you sick. Many people will always go there but I will not. It is sad when we all work so hard to have things in life and this guy has it given to him. Wake up people.

Location hidden

#23 Jun 27, 2010
<quoted text>
Yep, and the jackass is still denying that he ever did any time. Why would they have to credit "x number" of days served then?
WOT A KNOB!
And just in time comes the little Retarded Boy.

"My too Alex, I think that ALSO, what you said, I think that too!!!!
I'm just a monkey here without you. But I agree with everything you said also.

I am one dumb fcker!!!!!!!!
Take a hint

Centerburg, OH

#26 Jun 28, 2010
I know wrote:
Well I use to live in ohio. I grow up there and I know the preacher very well. Him and my dad use to be friends until he did his crime. If you don't know he owns the horse farm thats called lb ranch that is on the right hand side of the highway between monroe and hamilton. Well i guess it has been some where between 10 and 15 years ago maybe a few years later well anyway he was caught and maybe charged with shipping cocain in horses across the states well after that is when he became a preacher, but I also have heard that he aint stopped and that he had been storeing it in the jesus. you know that if you aint a lawyer or a doctor you shouldn't even go to that church b/c they judge people very bad. weather or not he did store it in there they used it for all the wrong reasons. so from the grace of god he done what was right. If they build it back it will just happen again. I have always know it as cocain jesus b/c thats what everyone has called it. God knows what is right and they done wrong and thats what happens where you do somthing god dont like.
I heard something like this many years ago. Imagine that , and people still give this man money. What is wrong with people ? The statue was wiped out for a reason. I read PETA is going to help them rebuild. If any of you donate to this organization, you may want to give your money elsewhere. They apparently do not need it. The guy from this church will take it. Tax free. nice for him. People better wake up to the real world and open their eyes. This man will never get a dime from me or peta either.

“Looking over the Fence”

Since: Sep 09

Sweet Valley Thunderdome

#28 Jun 28, 2010
Can anybody 'xplain to me why the Jesus statue committed suicide?

And if it was so important for God's message why it hasn't just rose from the quicksand back within three days?

Location hidden

#29 Jun 28, 2010
Hay Hugh Dumas wrote:
Can anybody 'xplain to me why the Jesus statue committed suicide?
And if it was so important for God's message why it hasn't just rose from the quicksand back within three days?
It's part of a much larger plan.

God, or perhaps just "voices in their heads" have told the Solid Rock folks that we will now be doing one of the following:

Offsides Jesus

Roughing the Kicker Jesus

Clipping Jesus

Pass Interference Jesus

Intentional Grounding Jesus

Illegal Motion Jesus

Personal Foul Jesus

Some of these are being discussed by the Rock Solid Rock Church of Jesus in the Front Yard. Some may actually have movement and the maintenance is being factored in.

Feel Free To Submit Suggestions As Nothing Has Been Carved In Stone !!!

“bugs on the windshield”

Location hidden

#30 Jun 28, 2010
John Henry Holliday wrote:
<quoted text>
It's part of a much larger plan.
God, or perhaps just "voices in their heads" have told the Solid Rock folks that we will now be doing one of the following:
Offsides Jesus
Roughing the Kicker Jesus
Clipping Jesus
Pass Interference Jesus
Intentional Grounding Jesus
Illegal Motion Jesus
Personal Foul Jesus
Some of these are being discussed by the Rock Solid Rock Church of Jesus in the Front Yard. Some may actually have movement and the maintenance is being factored in.
Feel Free To Submit Suggestions As Nothing Has Been Carved In Stone !!!
*chuckle*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nathan Dunn (Aug '16) Jan 10 Starmoon72 10
too many blacks (Apr '13) Jan 8 Brandon abramson 47
Middletown Gangs (Apr '13) Jan 8 Brandon abramson 42
Dominatrix in heatherwood (Mar '13) Jan 4 Churchy girl 9
Springboro Music Thread Jan 4 Churchy girl 2
Springboro basketball Jan 3 lavarball 11
Browns remodleing rip us off Dec 27 delbert Davis 1

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance