drug use in the area
john noble

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2012
What's up with all the heroin and prescription meds floating around here? When I was a kid we smoked pot and did crazy things like acid-we didn't steal our folk's money to maintain a habit-we "played" with the stuff and never let us build a career on addiction-what's up with that?
john noble

United States

#2 Jul 7, 2012
As I write this-I see a couple, pushing a stroller, with no children on board-just miscellaneous 'stuff' on board, older couple who I HOPE are not homeless. I give them money? I want to help, but how? Then I see some young man-following them? No-I will protect the couple. What would you do?
PeeBag

Dayton, OH

#3 Jul 8, 2012
Kick the young man in the jimmy then steal the stroller.
citygirl

Franklin, OH

#4 Jul 23, 2012
Middletown has a bad drug problem. And a problem with people who have no education and don't want one. A lot of people who are career criminals. At 25. They grew up in a dysfunctional home and have no desire to change their lives. There is a certain population in this town that create probably 75 % of the problems. They get arrested and go to court and the fines are reduced because they are "indigent". Really? Because they have no money they get no time in jail and fines are deleted? So they come home and break in some place else on the way home from jail? Because they know nothing will happen to them. The police take the stolen items, they go to court and are home again. Until something goes wrong and someone really gets hurt or dies this dummies will be out there stealing and robbing until the day they die. Sometimes you have to wonder whether it's worth it to work just so they can steal from you. The so called "scrappers" out there work physically harder to steal the metal than if they had a regular job. Not to mention all the damage they do when they steal the siding, the plumbing and the electical work out of a home. Or the ac from a church like happened last week. Even if they are caught in the act they rarely face punishment. I feel sorry for our police. It has to be even more frustrating for them to arrest them and see them home again the next day.
BrokenHandJimmy

Dayton, OH

#5 Aug 2, 2012
citygirl, don't be dissin' us scappers. We are part of the "green economy" the president talks about. We make sure stuff is recycled so companies don't have to pollute to make more of the same stuff. Yes the work can be hard and dirty, like crawling under cars or into crawl spaces, but it allows u to be your're owne boss.
citygirl

Dayton, OH

#6 Aug 4, 2012
As long as you're legally scrapping that's one thing. But when someone goes into someone else's yard and steals lawnmowers, air conditioners and electronics that is not scrapping. That is stealing. And too many people are going in and stripping homes of anything they can get and taking people's things and either scrapping them or pawning them. And unfortunately for everyone, when they are caught red handed they go to court, get slapped on the wrist and they are right back at it within days. It is hard, dirty work. I have no doubt. But there are those who honestly doing it and asking permission and those who are just stealing. Same as in every profession.
Home With Weapon

United States

#7 Aug 6, 2012
BrokenHandJimmy....

I see you "scrapped" someones computer.
BrokenHandJimmy

Dayton, OH

#8 Aug 9, 2012
Public Library.
Hey John Noble thanks for being such a great example to our youth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 2 hr No New Taxes 31,866
News Residents asked to line for soldiera s funeral ... (Sep '10) 8 hr Gerald johnson 2
Dead oak tree in front of Five points Elementary Sun Gerald johnson 1
Shannon Jones is she for real? Jul 4 Athenesword 2
Middletown 1965 to early 70 (Jun '09) Jul 1 John Pence 239
112 south clinton _ 613_ middletown_oh trash re... (Feb '14) Jun 29 Quit Correcting e... 3
melissa Sue Dray Jun 29 Quit Correcting e... 2
More from around the web

Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages