What happened to Hooters in Franklin, NJ

What happened to Hooters in Franklin, NJ

Posted in the Franklin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hoot Hoot

Schnecksville, PA

#1 Feb 27, 2011
Passed by. Said it is closed. A couple of days ago, they were looking for cooks.
Sure Miss Those Wings

Hamburg, NJ

#2 Mar 1, 2011
I too passed by and saw that the place was pitch black. I contacted Corporate Hooters and they did respond back with a generic email that they would look into the issue. The next email was from the Management Team of the Wayne location, who used to own both Union and Franklin Hooters, now both closed. He stated it was unfortunate that it had to close but would hope I would visit the Wayne location.
HOOTERLESS

Newton, NJ

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Rumor has it that someone od'd in bathroom. Closed by police.
jerseychick

Hamburg, NJ

#4 Mar 3, 2011
Today when I drove by all the signs are gone. I saw on Facebeook that another Hooters was closed because of underage drinking, and people were arrested. I've only been there once but I'm really curious to know what happened.
Ranville

United States

#6 Mar 11, 2011
jerseychick, if you're talking about the Hooters in Maple Shade, they did not close because of underage drinking. A bar called "Slates" was attached to Hooters and the two shared the same liquor license. Slates is still open. If Hooters was closed for underage drinking, they would have lost their license and Slates would have closed too. Sounds more like a decision from corporate to close Hooters. Let's see, in the last couple of months we lost Hooters restaurants in Franklin, Union, Maple Shade, and Atlantic City. What the **** is going on here?
Franklin and Union Closed

Jackson, NJ

#7 Mar 11, 2011
I talked to one of the general managers today that managed the Franklin location. Union was closed for underage drinking. Hooters Corporate in GA said they shut down Franklin for the same reason. Union definately got shut down for underage drinking. They suspected Franklin of being the same way, corporate came in said that Franklin wasnt projecting the proper image.

In addition to corporate, the landlord for the franklin location had problems with the owner of that Hooters, so with the corporate thing going on the landlord told them to get out.

This all came from the GM that was running the place, was told today by him directly. But Wayne could be closed down as well because Hooters Corporate requirs any franchise owner to have 3 hooters going. So this guy has one, I think they will give him a little time, but if he cant, they wont renew his franchise license.
winglover

United States

#8 Mar 15, 2011
the truth is that the franklin location suffered a massive silicone leak. it couldn't be contained and they were forced to close.
Gym

Sussex, NJ

#9 Mar 15, 2011
winglover wrote:
the truth is that the franklin location suffered a massive silicone leak. it couldn't be contained and they were forced to close.
What do you mean by silicone leak?
winglover

United States

#10 Mar 15, 2011
Gym, it was actually a massive pair of leaks. there wasn't enough of a support system in place. this caused mounds of frustration for the owners. the entire structure needs to be augmented.
Dan

Denver, CO

#11 Apr 18, 2011
Who said corporate requires any owner to have three franchises going? Wayne opened first, Union several years later, and Franklin several years after that. For the longest time this owner had one franchise, then two, before opening his third.
Jerseychick

United States

#12 Apr 18, 2011
winglover wrote:
Gym, it was actually a massive pair of leaks. there wasn't enough of a support system in place. this caused mounds of frustration for the owners. the entire structure needs to be augmented.
That doesn't make sense, a diner is opening there soon. If it was just structural damage it could have been easily fixed. No reason to shut down permanently.
Jersey

Branchville, NJ

#13 Apr 18, 2011
Jerseychick wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't make sense, a diner is opening there soon. If it was just structural damage it could have been easily fixed. No reason to shut down permanently.
Duh, I am quite sure the joke is about the big silicone boobs... get it?
Dave

Richmond, IN

#14 Jun 7, 2011
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text> Duh, I am quite sure the joke is about the big silicone boobs... get it?
She is a Jersey chick..... of course she wouldn't get it...
Franklin HOOTERS GIRL

Sussex, NJ

#15 Jul 27, 2011
HOOTERLESS wrote:
Rumor has it that someone od'd in bathroom. Closed by police.
i used to work at the hooters in franklin, and NO ONE overdosed in the bathroom. the reason it closed was because our owners didn't want to renew their lease with the buildings' owners. In claims of the lease being to expensive..
Franklin HOOTERS GIRL

Sussex, NJ

#16 Jul 27, 2011
Dan wrote:
Who said corporate requires any owner to have three franchises going? Wayne opened first, Union several years later, and Franklin several years after that. For the longest time this owner had one franchise, then two, before opening his third.
the agreement with HOOTERS when you open a franchise is that you must open up three hooters locations within a certain amount of years..(its supposed to be like every 3 years they open another location in their territory from which they purchased the franchising license for).. thats why wayne was opened first.. and then union a couple years later.. and then a couple years after that franklin was open...

and now since the 2 are closed they are no longer holding their part of the deal of having the 3 locations open in the slotted amount of time... thats why their franchising license could be taking away
Franklin HOOTERS GIRL

Sussex, NJ

#17 Jul 27, 2011
Franklin and Union Closed wrote:
I talked to one of the general managers today that managed the Franklin location. Union was closed for underage drinking. Hooters Corporate in GA said they shut down Franklin for the same reason. Union definately got shut down for underage drinking. They suspected Franklin of being the same way, corporate came in said that Franklin wasnt projecting the proper image.
In addition to corporate, the landlord for the franklin location had problems with the owner of that Hooters, so with the corporate thing going on the landlord told them to get out.
This all came from the GM that was running the place, was told today by him directly. But Wayne could be closed down as well because Hooters Corporate requirs any franchise owner to have 3 hooters going. So this guy has one, I think they will give him a little time, but if he cant, they wont renew his franchise license.
i think the person that said they were the general manager of the store of franklin was misleading you because the general manager of the store was a female!
Former Hooters Customer

New Tripoli, PA

#18 Aug 17, 2011
Franklin HOOTERS GIRL wrote:
<quoted text>
i think the person that said they were the general manager of the store of franklin was misleading you because the general manager of the store was a female!
I heard the building is being sold as a hooters restaurant so is there a chance it could be purchased and re-opened ?
All Different Stories

Jackson, NJ

#19 Aug 17, 2011
Your never going to hear the real truth. I talked one of the Managers today in the Wayne NJ location. I heard another story. Union got shut down for what someone said about the liquor licenses being shared with another restraunt in the same buidling. Thats a load of bull. The liquor license has the name of the company that's serving it. Its just like a sales tax license. Hooters name is physically on the certificate to serve alcohol. So the rumors of the liquor license being shared in two different locations is a lie. Unless its the same owner and there's a physical opening inside hooters and the other place then its legal. Otherwise you cannot have two physical business sharing one license. Thats illegal. I was told by the GM of Wayne that thats why Union got shut down, they got warning and one of the ATF agents went in with an x employee and they served her without asking for ID.

The GM of Wayne said Frankling got closed down because they werent making enough money. Which I personally think is more BS. Reason being if you had 3 places generating income and you had to shut one down, there is no way in hell you'd shut down another place and cut your revenues down 67% and rely on one place. Its more than likely it was again underage drinking, like Union.
rich

Franklin, NJ

#20 Nov 10, 2011
Franklin is a pretty rural area, unlike Wayne..maybe just didnt do the business..whats there now?
Jimmy

Hamburg, NJ

#21 Nov 10, 2011
It did plenty of business

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is plainfield nj mostly Hispanic Aug 14 Anonymous 1
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Jul '16 Joh 148
News Gout And Liquor - The Dangers You Need To Know ... (Feb '16) Jun '16 Hamburg_Resd 4
News Former Weichert executive accused of embezzlement (Dec '15) Jun '16 txt 2
Plainfield riots - 1967 (Sep '07) May '16 Will 97
Legends Resort (Jan '06) May '16 Ladeda 2,826
What is wrong with Horizon N J Health? Apr '16 Lesley Fairchild 1

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages