Death of 'friendly' officer stuns col...

Death of 'friendly' officer stuns colleagues

There are 5 comments on the Home News Tribune story from Mar 14, 2008, titled Death of 'friendly' officer stuns colleagues. In it, Home News Tribune reports that:

“One of our volunteers knew him (Furmick) while they were on the job together - when we all found out today at Cop 2 Cop, we were just so upset and devastated”

Watch your back, don't drop your guard and don't take anything for granted. That was the advice of Franklin Detective P. William Furmick that still echoes in the mind of former New Brunswick police officer ... via Home News Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Home News Tribune.

lilfirm

East Brunswick, NJ

#1 May 5, 2008
JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND I LOVE YOU DAD
He Sounds

Romulus, MI

#2 May 6, 2008
a lot nicer than any East Brunswick cop. They're thugs with badges, and they will assassinate your character here on the forums if you call them anything but saints.

I'm sorry to hear about Det. Furmick...hopefully there will be other good cops who will arrest EB cops when they get drunk and disorderly in their towns.
lilfirm

East Brunswick, NJ

#3 May 11, 2008
I would have to say that the men and women of the east brunswick police department are in no way "thugs" I have always found them to be very helpfull in any situation
e b cops

Philadelphia, PA

#4 May 11, 2008
lilfirm wrote:
I would have to say that the men and women of the east brunswick police department are in no way "thugs" I have always found them to be very helpfull in any situation
seem to do a good job We don't have major crime so they are keeping thugs out. Good
Youre kidding

Romulus, MI

#5 May 12, 2008
they failed to stop two crime waves in eb, relying on Spotswood and Springfield cops to bring in theft rings responsible for dozens of car break-ins and the Ballys thefts (which have been going on for years until Springfield stepped in).

Of course there's the glaring example of ebpd's inability to bring to justice the killers of both those two kids on Route 18, and the murderers of the owner of the Seville (though it was pretty obvious why he got shot).

For an average salary of $110,000 per cop (not including benefits and pension!), we're not getting much for our tax dollar. In fact, the commissioner of the NYPD only gets paid $20,000 more per year than four of the ebpd cops (and director Roberson is not among them) but he has to manage a force of 40,000 cops.

We're being robbed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legends Resort (Jan '06) 14 hr Paul S 3,021
News Heroin 'surge' worries Vernon (May '10) Aug 28 The wacher 144
News $9,000 sewer bill raises concerns in Sussex (Jul '09) Jul '17 Bowen 18
News Bernardsville hunter searches for local ghost (Dec '07) Jul '17 LOU 19
Jennifer teitelman Jul '17 None ya 1
News Jury awards Hamburg ex-cop $1.4 million in lawsuit Jul '17 Insider57 2
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Jul '17 Will 156

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance