Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Jerry Stamey wrote:
WesternYankeeRidgeRunner, you are very lucky. What kind of job did you get?
Most people can't find any jobs here except minimum wage ones.
I've had it before the economy went bunk :)

Since: May 12

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Jerry Stamey wrote:
Western.... what is your job?
Office Manager
Jerry Stamey

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

WesternYankeeRidgerunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Office Manager
Office Manager of what?
WesternYankeeRid geRunner

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Jerry Stamey wrote:
<quoted text>
Office Manager of what?
well being this is the internet...i wish not to disclose that information. But I assure you it is not for the drake's. I too applied for a job there years ago, had a great interview, but never called or replied. I don't like when employers lack the decency to at least tell you "so sorry but no"...a letter, something?! I didn't hold it against anybody...just HR. hehe
Billy Goat

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Bryan Millsaps wrote:
Franklin's reputation for incestuous politics and religion gets worse with every group that forms tp stroke each other, one big circle jerk in the name of Jesus and tourism. The latest is the Ventures group run by the Play and Stay in the Smokies kid and a front for the AdvantageWest/FiberNet grown-ups who are controlling them behind the scenes to line their own pockets and increase control of government and the economy.
No reputable industry is going to come into the county and put up with that, so people looking for jobs are shitoutofluck unless you are part of that inbred group. A real industry scout is not going to deal with silly children playing games like that which is what the inbreds want---gatekeepers to keep out industries they do not own themselves and cannot control. Macon County couldn't keep WalMart out because it went outside them, and they don't yet have complete conrol over Vanderwoude. but no lesser business could pull it off.
Get it, people? There is already a MONOPOLY on the economy in the Franklin part of Macon County, and the power is controlled through religion and kinship and a corrupted county/city government. It is really sick. Loving Jesus is a great big front to exclude outsiders. Loving Jesus is the biggest political ploy of all, and the ignorant and naive Mayberry types who remember only the good ole days in Franklin are their pawns.
The only balls in Franklin are attached to the overseers cracking the invisible whip over the backs of the naive and ignorant plebians, church goers and peasants, all little puppies with their tails tucked between their legs, licking their overseers hoping to get a bone thrown out to them. Sorry, plebes, but it won't happen, and it's why your children are leaving Franklin in droves to seek better lives elsewhere in the real world.
bunch yahoos
Jerry Stamey

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Billy Goat, the truth hurts, don't it? There's a lot of disbelieving and denials in Franklin. Franklin is a stinking little trashy town, roadside trash, tattoo parlors and junky sweepstakes on every road. Religion 24/7. Tourists don't even go there anymore except on their way to cherokee. I go home to visist relatives but don't stay any longer than I have to. Too depressing.
former employee

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Drake Enterprises are what happened to franklin.
blockbuster

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Don't worry about "the Drake";at least his name isn't on the delinquent property tax list;so that means he is paying tax and a lot of it.Now,take the Sapphire Inn,for example as one of the owners sits on the county board of commissioners and owes thousands of dollars in back taxes,or so they were advertised as late in The Franklin Press,;take the money he owes for back taxes from his county pay.
Wealthy Yankee

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

North Carolina, as a whole, is one big inbred state that will never break the cycle of ignorance and associated poverty. Look at Buncombe and Henderson Counties: political incest runs deep. The only hope for NC is for retired wealthy, well educated, highly experienced Northeners to keep moving in and helping these Rebel Inbreds to be pushed/pulled forward into the 20th century. Not anywhere ready for the 21st century sadly.
You really can see the inbred genetics in their eyes and facial structure. Sad.
Rock

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Wealthy Yankee wrote:
North Carolina, as a whole, is one big inbred state that will never break the cycle of ignorance and associated poverty. Look at Buncombe and Henderson Counties: political incest runs deep. The only hope for NC is for retired wealthy, well educated, highly experienced Northeners to keep moving in and helping these Rebel Inbreds to be pushed/pulled forward into the 20th century. Not anywhere ready for the 21st century sadly.
. what rock did you slither out from carpetbagger?
mitral

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Wealthy Yankee wrote:
Well Mr. Carpetbagger, if we want to screw our kin thats our business. I'd rather screw one of them as a damn yankee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Franklin Forum right now

Search the Franklin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 10 min Taxpayer 49,282
Franklin is not a welcoming town (Oct '12) 17 min New resident 14
Macon County News Facebook for Drake Enterprises 3 hr The reporter 11
Macon loses bragging rights for fastest growing... (Mar '11) 19 hr drake rd bandits 149
What has happened to Franklin? (Aug '11) Apr 8 Goosey Goosey 281
Fire (Dec '06) Apr 7 Jim and JoAnn Helms 86
What's happening with tourism in Macon County? (Feb '13) Apr 6 everybody in east ky 15
•••

Freeze Warning for Macon County was issued at April 16 at 9:46AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Franklin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Franklin Jobs

•••
•••