Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

Franklin's reputation for incestuous politics and religion gets worse with every group that forms tp stroke each other, one big circle jerk in the name of Jesus and tourism. The latest is the Ventures group run by the Play and Stay in the Smokies kid and a front for the AdvantageWest/FiberNet grown-ups who are controlling them behind the scenes to line their own pockets and increase control of government and the economy.

No reputable industry is going to come into the county and put up with that, so people looking for jobs are shitoutofluck unless you are part of that inbred group. A real industry scout is not going to deal with silly children playing games like that which is what the inbreds want---gatekeepers to keep out industries they do not own themselves and cannot control. Macon County couldn't keep WalMart out because it went outside them, and they don't yet have complete conrol over Vanderwoude. but no lesser business could pull it off.

Get it, people? There is already a MONOPOLY on the economy in the Franklin part of Macon County, and the power is controlled through religion and kinship and a corrupted county/city government. It is really sick. Loving Jesus is a great big front to exclude outsiders. Loving Jesus is the biggest political ploy of all, and the ignorant and naive Mayberry types who remember only the good ole days in Franklin are their pawns.

The only balls in Franklin are attached to the overseers cracking the invisible whip over the backs of the naive and ignorant plebians, church goers and peasants, all little puppies with their tails tucked between their legs, licking their overseers hoping to get a bone thrown out to them. Sorry, plebes, but it won't happen, and it's why your children are leaving Franklin in droves to seek better lives elsewhere in the real world.
Bryce Reynolds

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

Its a shame admit it, but I agree with 99 percent of this. The other 1 per cent is the one small ray of hope that something will happen to change things up there.

Remember the rule of thumb, that the bigger they are the harder they fall. All corrupt people get their comeuppance sooner or later.

Maybe it'll just take another generation though for it to be like the old mill towns of Kannapolis and Canton.

The sad part is that the ones who don't get away from there much don't know how bad it is.
Janice

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

I agree with this assessment. Drake is a legend in his own mind, got his fingers in all the pies here, says the Lord made him rich.
Janice

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

I see in the Frankllin Press where the county planner is moving over to be the town planner. And the county manager wants to hire an in house person to become county planner, someone who understand "local economy culture and people here".

The political inbreeding just goes on and on. Never stops does it?

It doesn't even take anybody very bright to understand "local economy culture and people here"! Anybody's relative or friend will do.
Barney Feife

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

The Drake Machine is grooming the next group to "Lead" Macon and Franklin. The newest group is called "Ventures", is run by Mack Bateman, son of Phil's First cousin, their mothers were sisters. Eddie Bateman runs Macon Printing, owned by Drake Enterprises which also owns the Tourist Magazine Mack runs. He is also a member of the "Young Professionals", no professionals there, just Drakettes that hang out at "Muligan's" Josh Drake's bar on Depot Street,financed by Phil. Then there's The TDA, TDC and a couple of other groups where these Drake employees/relatives fill positions, rotate among Drake employees, people that do business with Drake, etc., the ones that sell him insurance, do legal work for him and the airport and some, like Greenwood, Dalton and Gillespie, who are friends! Big Company town now, where the non-evangelical, non-relative, non-friend need not apply for anything! Drake Enterprises is a copy of Koch Enterprises where money buys politicians and whatever they want! Money is power and their religious/social viewpoints are emphasized!
slk

Townsend, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

so like I said a long time ago, it should be called
"Drakeville".
There has been alot of damage done due to his "Greed".
Thread

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Doesn't Franklin, NC have a forum on Topix?
Arthur Crunkleton

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Thread wrote:
Doesn't Franklin, NC have a forum on Topix?
This is one! But are there others?
Reasoning

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Arthur Crunkleton wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one! But are there others?
No it's NOT! Go to:

http://www.topix.com/city/franklin-nc
Arthur Crunkleton

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

This thread is on the Franklin forums list that I get. I guess these threads show up in several places, maybe all the places people are posting from?
WesternYankeeRid geRunner

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Judged:

I just wanted to say to the original poster that you sure seem to pass alot of judgement on these "kids" at Stay and Play in the Smokies. Who are you and why do you hate them so much.
Yes, they were born into wealth...who are you to judge them and their advantages in life. People are born into money everyday! Don't you think somewhere along the family line someone worked their ass off to start it and it's been hard work ever since. Those "kids" are living the dream! They worked hard for everything they've earned - AND have a f'in awesome time doing their work!!! Sorry you don't feel included and in turn spew such filth from your mouth.
Yeah this town is full of religion - ugh, we're in the south!?! It is what it is - just how it is...all over the country. Why you pickin'? What's your grudge? Why you hate'in so much?
Summer Home Person

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

They (Stay and Play in Smokies freeloaders) are small fish is a little pond. So funny to watch them every summer, living off Big Daddy's money, thinking they are important, living off the FOOLISH taxpayers.

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Freeloaders???!!!! you have no f-ing idea what you are talking about! These guys work for their money!! And they aren't living off tax payers money you idiot - they are tax payers!!! How is it you people that don't live here or know them personally, have so much to say about them, their money and who they are. You apparently are much better than they are - NOT!
Summer Home Person

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

WesternYankeeRidgeRunner wrote:
Freeloaders???!!!! you have no f-ing idea what you are talking about! These guys work for their money!! And they aren't living off tax payers money you idiot - they are tax payers!!! How is it you people that don't live here or know them personally, have so much to say about them, their money and who they are. You apparently are much better than they are - NOT!
So clueless! I did live there until last year when I gave up and moved out, and now I can't even sell my summer home there because the economy is so bad, and it is now for sale for half of what I paid for it.

I do know the mulliganese tartlets personally, the ones who hang out there, and they are a bunch of freeloaders living off their parents money and the taxpayers money too because their parents know how to use the taxpayers to build their playgrounds for them which is why I and many others got outta that hell-hole.

You really are an inbred bunch!

Since: May 12

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Summer Home Person wrote:
<quoted text>
So clueless! I did live there until last year when I gave up and moved out, and now I can't even sell my summer home there because the economy is so bad, and it is now for sale for half of what I paid for it.
I do know the mulliganese tartlets personally, the ones who hang out there, and they are a bunch of freeloaders living off their parents money and the taxpayers money too because their parents know how to use the taxpayers to build their playgrounds for them which is why I and many others got outta that hell-hole.
You really are an inbred bunch!
that's a shame you can't sell your home...guess that must be their fault too ;) A lot of people are in the same boat, its really sad :( btw: Inbreeding goes on in the Appalachians...we are the Smoky Mountains hehe

there have been generations of people before them and there will be generations after them...and they'll all be helping each other out..is that such a crime? You would do the same for your family; and help them out?!

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

oh yeah...btw...of course I'm clueless I DON'T KNOW YOU!!! HOW WOULD I KNOW YOU LIVED HERE BEFORE??? are you from here??? or did you just live here for a few years? and wth is mulliganese tartlets???

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Barney Feife wrote:
The Drake Machine is grooming the next group to "Lead" Macon and Franklin. The newest group is called "Ventures", is run by Mack Bateman, son of Phil's First cousin, their mothers were sisters. Eddie Bateman runs Macon Printing, owned by Drake Enterprises which also owns the Tourist Magazine Mack runs. He is also a member of the "Young Professionals", no professionals there, just Drakettes that hang out at "Muligan's" Josh Drake's bar on Depot Street,financed by Phil. Then there's The TDA, TDC and a couple of other groups where these Drake employees/relatives fill positions, rotate among Drake employees, people that do business with Drake, etc., the ones that sell him insurance, do legal work for him and the airport and some, like Greenwood, Dalton and Gillespie, who are friends! Big Company town now, where the non-evangelical, non-relative, non-friend need not apply for anything! Drake Enterprises is a copy of Koch Enterprises where money buys politicians and whatever they want! Money is power and their religious/social viewpoints are emphasized!
funny because i came from california and had no trouble getting a great job outside of the Drake Enterprise ...hhmmmm????
Jerry Stamey

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

WesternYankeeRidgeRunner, you are very lucky. What kind of job did you get?

Most people can't find any jobs here except minimum wage ones.

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Jerry Stamey wrote:
WesternYankeeRidgeRunner, you are very lucky. What kind of job did you get?
Most people can't find any jobs here except minimum wage ones.
I've held my job for the last 6 years. I have been very lucky to have kept it through this recession. My sister & her boyfriend had no trouble getting jobs as servers at a good restaurant.
Cities do have more to offer in that department ;)
Jerry Stamey

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Western.... what is your job?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Franklin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••