Clients accuse massage therapist of m...

Clients accuse massage therapist of molestation

There are 19 comments on the The Daily Tribune story from Aug 23, 2007, titled Clients accuse massage therapist of molestation. In it, The Daily Tribune reports that:

A massage therapist is now charged with nine counts of criminal sexual conduct against six clients at a West Bloomfield Township spa, and police have yet to interview five other women who say he molested them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Tribune.

andrea

Waterford, MI

#1 Sep 10, 2007
NewsTalk
Why we ask: We require some information for verification. Your comments will be considered for the printed edition of The Detroit News only if full name and city are provided. We ask for a phone number and email address in case we want to get in touch with you for more comments or clarification for publication. We do not publish phone numbers or e-mail addresses.
Do: Show courtesy toward other writers. No name-calling, please.
Do not: Copy and paste material from another Web site, other than a brief quote. Letters must be original.
Click here to read our terms of service
Thanks for your input andrea.
Here's the note you sent to The Detroit News Forum:
Topic for discussion: george krautner
Your comments:
I have known George since he was 6 years old and this is hard to believe. I hope that his accusers understand that if they are indeed "stretching" what they think to be their truths, it is destroying the lives of not only this nice young man, but his family and friends as well. It appears that the media has already tried and convicted him without all the facts. Even if and when he is cleared, his life will never be the same. I hope that these women really think through their accusations and what there personal reasons are behind these accusations. Some of the comments posted show how people who are not involved are quick to judge and sentence because of the intense media coverage.

jeri

San Antonio, TX

#2 Feb 1, 2008
andrea,
it's easy to lack compassion for the people molested when you have NO idea, what they went thru.
Nate

United States

#3 Feb 1, 2008
What a horrible thing to say
Ken-Clarkston

Waterford, MI

#4 Mar 16, 2008
I haven't heard that there was a trial and that he was found guilty of a crime, did I miss that? The national board pulled his certification in Jan., did they have a hearing, was he found guilty? I thought that each of us is entitled to due process, I guess we can skip that if enough people are willing to demand we be judged, like the investigators, and the press. If I missed the trial then, never mind.
Justin Hall

Sterling Heights, MI

#5 Mar 27, 2008
I have no sympathy for people who commit these crimes, but keep in mind, this occurred in Oakland County, where the prosecutor doesn't like to give people a fair trial.
Michael

Troy, MI

#6 Sep 16, 2008
Yes, due process. False accusations are more common than most people think, even by multiple accusers. It is an unfortunate truth in modern U.S. society that any man who takes up a vocation where the majority of consumers and/or co-workers are women and/or children he is taking an enormous risk of being falsely accused of sexual misconduct because someone he works with or works for decides she does not like him for one reason or another or for no reason at all. Contrary to the popular mantra that this is a man's world, our society bends over backwards to do what is in the best interest of women and children often at the expense of innocent men.
victim

Rockford, MI

#7 Sep 30, 2009
Michael wrote:
Yes, due process. False accusations are more common than most people think, even by multiple accusers. It is an unfortunate truth in modern U.S. society that any man who takes up a vocation where the majority of consumers and/or co-workers are women and/or children he is taking an enormous risk of being falsely accused of sexual misconduct because someone he works with or works for decides she does not like him for one reason or another or for no reason at all. Contrary to the popular mantra that this is a man's world, our society bends over backwards to do what is in the best interest of women and children often at the expense of innocent men.
I can appreciate that you feel like woman and children get an unfair advantage, however, I can assure you he is very guilty... if you read the case you will see that the store owners gave him an enormous amount of support in the face of over 11 victims who came forward and several more that didn't want to be involved. Before you make your judgments, know all the facts.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#8 Oct 15, 2009
is anyone surprised? if so, why??
Lori

Ann Arbor, MI

#9 Nov 24, 2009
I have learned that in our society, anyone can accuse anyone of anything and it doesn't matter if there is evidence or not. I've also learned that the way you may perceive things may not be perceived the same way by the other person. This is when mistakes are made. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened, but was there enough force in a sense that it was necessary to go to the police? If these women didn't want this, why didn't they say no or leave or scream? I'm not saying that doing these things in an environment such as this is okay, but do we really call this rape? And enough to ruin someone's life? This man will be on probation for 5 years, and will be on a sex offenders list until 2033!! He can't leave the state, nor can he practice massage therapy any longer. I know women massage therapists who have given "happy endings" to their clients. I'm sure it happens a lot but you don't hear about 5 men coming forward to accuse a woman massage therapist of sexually assaulting them, do you? He may be guilty of performing sexual favors, but is he really guilty of forced molestation?
Joe

Ingleside, IL

#10 May 7, 2010
I think the guy got a raw deal. they most certainly could have yelled out "stop!" and it would have gone no further. the fact that they enjoyed it and wanted it all the way through says alot. those ladies probably felt a little dirty, slightly whore-ish afterwards and decided to complain. shame on the women!
An Non

Frisco, TX

#11 Oct 11, 2010
Issues like these are discussed at:
http://falserapesociety.blogspot.com/
http://avoiceformen.com/
http://shrink4men.wordpress.com/

Rape is a horrible crime, but false accusations of rape are also horrible crimes.Get the facts:
http://falserapesociety.blogspot.com/p/preval...
Lori

Ypsilanti, MI

#12 Nov 16, 2010
I think he got a raw deal too. Only two of the 'victims' said on the stand that he actually penetrated them with his finger. The other girls complained that he tucked the sheet into their underwear which is standard when you get a massage. Their accusations were thrown out and rightfully so. It seems that they just wanted attention, especially when they walk into the court room talking and laughing on their cell phones about how "all the tv cameras are here." I also don't understand what mother, would give a gift certificate to their daughter, to a spa where they got sexually assaulted. Don't you think she would've tried to protect her daughter? I also don't understand how, at a quiet place like a spa, you wouldn't yell out, stop or no as you're getting assaulted. All I have to say is karma is a bitch.
Lori

Ypsilanti, MI

#13 Nov 16, 2010
victim wrote:
<quoted text>
I can appreciate that you feel like woman and children get an unfair advantage, however, I can assure you he is very guilty... if you read the case you will see that the store owners gave him an enormous amount of support in the face of over 11 victims who came forward and several more that didn't want to be involved. Before you make your judgments, know all the facts.
By the way,'victim' you need to get your facts straight. There were only 5 women who came forward. 2 of them were the only ones who were actually penetrated by his finger, a daughter and mother, who sent her daughter there with a gift certificate after she got sexually assaulted. Mind you, also, the mother didn't seem too upset since she decided to give the guy a hand job after he got her off.
Terry

United States

#14 Nov 17, 2010
Nice tip.
Come again.
DR DEBRA

Colorado Springs, CO

#15 May 10, 2011
The guy is a molester, and anyone who says different is completely STUPID.
Terry

United States

#16 May 12, 2011
He got the woman off and then she got him off. WHAT NO PROBLEM!!!
Lori

Birmingham, MI

#17 Jul 6, 2011
DR DEBRA wrote:
The guy is a molester, and anyone who says different is completely STUPID.
The only stupid one is you. Get your facts straight before you judge someone. He was clearly giving something "extra" while he was giving his massages so he could get an extra tip. I'm sorry, but a mother doesn't buy her daughter a gift certificate to a spa where she got sexually assaulted. And clearly, the daughter was so distraught after she received her massage that she even came back and asked the front desk if she had left enough for his tip. Yes, he took advantage of his position, but no, he is NOT a molester. That is ridiculous.
The Dude

Ypsilanti, MI

#18 Jan 7, 2014
Wow, seems like this hits pretty close to home. Dudes a molester, case closed
Jealous

Royal Oak, MI

#19 Jan 9, 2014
"Lori" is just jealous that her massage therapist is not so free with the fingers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Security Guard's Home Reportedly Searched In Mi... Apr 2 MisterMartini 22
News pulte homes (Sep '11) Mar 28 bozo devos 12
What is going to happen to St Vincent and Sarah... (May '06) Mar '17 kristenA 311
News Levin takes large lead in 9th House race (Nov '12) Nov '12 Heil Callahan 2
Debate: Election Poll, Sept 2011 - Franklin, MI (Dec '11) Dec '11 Simon 1
Who do you support for State Senate in Michigan... (Oct '10) Jan '11 testor 4
bennett garfield cotnam (Apr '10) Jan '11 careys run 2

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages