Want a game store in Franklin Ky???

Posted in the Franklin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 12

White House, TN

#1 Nov 20, 2012
As our business develops we are pleased to announce that we are Infinite Games and will be setting up our home in Franklin Ky in the up and coming weeks. Want a game store Local and available all the time? Then comment here. The more comments the easier to get the last little bit of funding for this monumental idea! Hope to hear from you soon!!! Check us out at www.Facebook.com/InfiniteGames

White House, TN

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Sorry my mistake... the link is here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Infinite-Games/...
just thinking

Portland, TN

#3 Nov 21, 2012
nobody seems to care
Someone

Morgantown, KY

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Probably because gamers are playing games not looking at topix lol. Most of my facebook friends are gamers. i will get the word out
actually

Franklin, KY

#5 Nov 21, 2012
just thinking wrote:
nobody seems to care
Actually, they are getting alot of feedback on fb. Topix is just full of old people and people to poor to have gaming consoles.

White House, TN

#6 Nov 21, 2012
That is not the point... Although I thank you for making a non-believer understand. Infinite Games has blown up on FB and this post is merely to get feedback from a different genre of people.. People who may not understand what positive reinforcement can come from this. People who may be too poor to have a console can more than likely come to Infinite Games and leave with one but this doesn't get seen. A mother of 3 who struggles to give her boys all they want can find reprieve from the gas to BG and still keep her boys happy, while saving money. None of these things get seen. Infinite Games will be a community place where we shun no one and always try to be the best in providing affordable games and systems, along with the butt-load of swag and stuff we have in store. But,alas I need to hear negative feedback, that's why I chose Topix. More negativity here than almost anywhere in the world. But I know that if I can make the one who "doesn't seem to care" into a believer then I can possibly sway the opinions of the masses.
hey

Elkton, KY

#7 Nov 24, 2012
Can you tell us what you are going to have. If you are just trying to sell video games and systems you will do pretty poorly here.
winner

Huntington, IN

#8 Nov 24, 2012
Open it and see what happens.

White House, TN

#9 Nov 25, 2012
The buying/trading/selling of video games will just be a service we offer. We will be focused on Card Games as well as hosting tournaments and contests. We plan to allow the customer to com in a select a pre-owned game, bring it to us and we will put the disc in our console and allow them to play for a bit
(undetermined as of now). Allowing for a more interactive game store.

White House, TN

#10 Nov 29, 2012
We are getting CLOSE! We are planning an opening of Dec 21st to bring in "The end to the gaming needs in Franklin!" Hit us up guys we will be doing a t-shirt giveaway on FaceBook in about a week. A lot going on so check us out!!! Infinite
Games can be found here... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Infinite-Games/...
just thinking

Portland, TN

#11 Nov 29, 2012
oh my god u are going so down. though i admire your spirit
really?

Portland, TN

#12 Nov 29, 2012
97 likes is "blowing up in Facebook?" Unfortunately this will be very short lived...this town will not support this at all. I would save your money...

White House, TN

#13 Dec 3, 2012
97 likes in 2 days is better than anything I am sure you have acquired locally for anything in your life... and that is 100 people in a population of 8,900 from not promoting at all... Regardless of what any hater says, We have the backing from the Chamber of Commerce as well as the local government. This happens to be on of the most anticipated things to come to this small town... I don't need a "child's" opinion, I have the parents'. Grow up.
just thinking

Portland, TN

#14 Dec 4, 2012
xMxExTxAxLx wrote:
97 likes in 2 days is better than anything I am sure you have acquired locally for anything in your life... and that is 100 people in a population of 8,900 from not promoting at all... Regardless of what any hater says, We have the backing from the Chamber of Commerce as well as the local government. This happens to be on of the most anticipated things to come to this small town... I don't need a "child's" opinion, I have the parents'. Grow up.
Of course the Chamber would say good luck and then offer not an ounce of help. Would you really expect local government to say anything else? You don't need luck, you need a better business model.
just thinking

Portland, TN

#15 Dec 4, 2012
xMxExTxAxLx wrote:
Wow! Your business has gained the interest of 1.12% of the community. Where can I send you my life savings?
really

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Dec 4, 2012
While I applaud you for attempting to make something for yourself, I would encourage you to reevaluate your business plan. IF you have one. What is your demographic? Have you figured out how much business you will have to generate in order to 1: pay your bills for the month and 2: make a profit? What will you do with that profit? Reinvest it in the business or blow it? If you are thinking you are going to start making a profit starting day 1 you are in for a very rude awakening! Do not expect to make any money for 3 years. YES 3 years.
Donít base those on your friends saying they will support you....all your friends will do it sit around, drink your drinks, eat your food, play your games, waste your time, and you will be stuck with the bill which will force you out of business.
You mentioned that the Chamber and local government is backing you...How so? Simply giving you their good graces or stepping up with tax cuts or incentives?
I have successfully run 2 businesses, that are still thriving today bringing in a very positive cash flow with over 50% growth each year. My facebook fan pages have over 20,000 combined. Personal page has over 3500 friends, and over 1300 twitter followers. Your facebook page was created on 11/19 and now you are at 107 friend....Huge growth my friend. Time to start fangating to get more followers....you may want to look up what that means...
Good luck in your business ventures.
Connie

Russellville, KY

#17 Dec 4, 2012
really wrote:
While I applaud you for attempting to make something for yourself, I would encourage you to reevaluate your business plan. IF you have one. What is your demographic? Have you figured out how much business you will have to generate in order to 1: pay your bills for the month and 2: make a profit? What will you do with that profit? Reinvest it in the business or blow it? If you are thinking you are going to start making a profit starting day 1 you are in for a very rude awakening! Do not expect to make any money for 3 years. YES 3 years.
Donít base those on your friends saying they will support you....all your friends will do it sit around, drink your drinks, eat your food, play your games, waste your time, and you will be stuck with the bill which will force you out of business.
You mentioned that the Chamber and local government is backing you...How so? Simply giving you their good graces or stepping up with tax cuts or incentives?
I have successfully run 2 businesses, that are still thriving today bringing in a very positive cash flow with over 50% growth each year. My facebook fan pages have over 20,000 combined. Personal page has over 3500 friends, and over 1300 twitter followers. Your facebook page was created on 11/19 and now you are at 107 friend....Huge growth my friend. Time to start fangating to get more followers....you may want to look up what that means...
Good luck in your business ventures.
You may know something about running a business, but you don't know ^%&% about common sense or manners. If you want to offer some helpful advice, fine. But do it in a kind way. No need to be nasty.

Any bad attitude on this forum may come back to haunt you and your business. And this comment is meant for anyone who runs or is planning to run a business in Franklin.
really?

Portland, TN

#18 Dec 4, 2012
Connie wrote:
<quoted text>You may know something about running a business, but you don't know ^%&% about common sense or manners. If you want to offer some helpful advice, fine. But do it in a kind way. No need to be nasty.

Any bad attitude on this forum may come back to haunt you and your business. And this comment is meant for anyone who runs or is planning to run a business in Franklin.
Connie, I am sorry you felt like I was being nasty. I love when folks want to create opportunity. I love when people want to have personal growth. I love when people want to be Independant.

I learned a long time ago the hardships that it takes to run a successful business. One of them was to not go with you heart. That will only get you in trouble.

The original poster said "But, I need to hear negative feedback, that's why I chose Topix."

I am attempting to give him a glimpse into what running a business can be like. It is not easy. Lots of hours, lots of people stealing from you. Stealing can come from freeloaders (friends) stealing your time, used equipment, etc.

Do this person have profit margins yet? If not, please delay opening till you know exactly how much money will be made on each and every thing even down to toilet paper.
Cracker

Portland, TN

#19 Dec 4, 2012
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
Connie, I am sorry you felt like I was being nasty. I love when folks want to create opportunity. I love when people want to have personal growth. I love when people want to be Independant.
I learned a long time ago the hardships that it takes to run a successful business. One of them was to not go with you heart. That will only get you in trouble.
The original poster said "But, I need to hear negative feedback, that's why I chose Topix."
I am attempting to give him a glimpse into what running a business can be like. It is not easy. Lots of hours, lots of people stealing from you. Stealing can come from freeloaders (friends) stealing your time, used equipment, etc.
Do this person have profit margins yet? If not, please delay opening till you know exactly how much money will be made on each and every thing even down to toilet paper.
[/QUOTE]You sound like you and Donald trump are on the same page. If you are so proud of what you have accomplished please share your Facebook page with us all? What is the name of your business?
PEPA

Portland, TN

#21 Dec 5, 2012
Good luck wrote:
I'm a single mom to two kids. I think this is a fabulous idea. It's not easy buying all the new games that come out or find the time to go to bg after working all day, school, and sports. Ignore all the negative ppl on this page. I wish you luck.
Get a man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
next mayor? 2 hr sluggo 3
Mary Thomas Vincent 3 hr Gold City reporter 2
I heard Jim Brown running for mayor again Fri Need Common Sense... 43
Why did Jim Henderson abandoned Simpson County? Fri In Line 11
R U Listening (Jul '17) Thu Gold City reporter 125
One night stand Jan 18 Big one 5
Where da vegetables Jan 18 Trash 6

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance