Should I move to Franklin

Posted in the Franklin Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Newcomer1

Nortonville, KY

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Depends on how secure the job is. Nice town.
Someone

Duluth, GA

#3 Jan 21, 2013
NO!!
Just saying

Center, KY

#4 Jan 21, 2013
HELL NO !!!!!
One who knows

Portland, TN

#5 Jan 21, 2013
I moved here a few years ago and have spent every day since regretting it. Just remember the grass may look greener on the other side of the fence but once you get on the other side of the fence you will realize your mistake. There are many good people in Franklin but the drug dealers and theives have them outnumbered and they have the local law enforcement by the balls, well they would if they had any balls but that is questionable. Don't move here you will regret it.
Bowzzer

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Jan 21, 2013
only if you are going to work for city government or franklin bank
Elisa

Mayfield, KY

#7 Jan 21, 2013
Worker: "should I move?"

It may depend on what your current town is like. If you're coming from a distant big town or city, you may be in for quite a shock. Franklin is a small town. Except for Walmart, Lowes and a few other stores, you'll have to go elsewhere for anything unusual that you need. On the other hand, everything you need on a regular basis is close by. East parking, little traffic. There is a small hospital.

Depending on what your recreational interests are, you may find the town a bit quiet. Except for a couple of bars/restaurants, there is not a lot to do at night -- unless you're the kind of person who makes his own entertainment. If you are a family person, that might suit you just fine.

It is easy to avoid the drug dealing areas by renting/buying in a better neighborhood. There are quite a few very nice, quiet areas only a mile or two from the square. You can usually tell the better neighborhoods by how people keep up their houses. If you are considering a particular area, then ride through there both day and night and/or weekend before making a decision. This will also give you ideas on noise, lighting, barking dog next door, etc. that you might miss during a weekday.

Of course, a nicer area will cost a little more, but that is true in any town. Be prepared for a deposit and good credit report if you want a very nice rental.

Compared with some other small towns nearby, Franklin probably has a better economic outlook. There are quite a few places to work. New stores and businesses are opening up. The local industrial development groups have worked hard for years to attract new businesses.

Recent revisions to liquor laws will probably increase business in the future. Franklin is only a couple of miles from I-65, so that is a major plus -- both for business and individuals.

I think your question was a serious one, so I'm answering it that way. Answers like "no" or "hell no" aren't very informative. You'd probably get those answers from a couple of people if you asked about any town on the planet.

I came to Franklin several years ago from a distant state and I am satisfied with the town and its prospects.
Seriously

Franklin, KY

#8 Jan 21, 2013
I have lived in Franklin all my life and I love it here. It is a small town so there is alot of drama but as long as you stay out of the petty bs drama everybody likes to try and start then I honestly think you will love it. It just all depends on if you really want this job or not. Just follow your heart and pray about it. You will find your answer.
Someone

Duluth, GA

#9 Jan 21, 2013
If you have kids the school system is terrible!! Among lowest test scores in the state. If your children are 6th grade and up you can send them to south Warren and Franklin has to pay for it since their scores are so bad.
Seriously

Franklin, KY

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Someone wrote:
If you have kids the school system is terrible!! Among lowest test scores in the state. If your children are 6th grade and up you can send them to south Warren and Franklin has to pay for it since their scores are so bad.
It's not the schools fault that the test scores are low. My tests scores were always pretty high and everything I learned was from the teachers. It's just kids don't have any respect for the teachers here and they won't listen.
Newcomer1

Nortonville, KY

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Elisa wrote:
Worker: "should I move?"
It may depend on what your current town is like. If you're coming from a distant big town or city, you may be in for quite a shock. Franklin is a small town. Except for Walmart, Lowes and a few other stores, you'll have to go elsewhere for anything unusual that you need. On the other hand, everything you need on a regular basis is close by. East parking, little traffic. There is a small hospital.
Depending on what your recreational interests are, you may find the town a bit quiet. Except for a couple of bars/restaurants, there is not a lot to do at night -- unless you're the kind of person who makes his own entertainment. If you are a family person, that might suit you just fine.
It is easy to avoid the drug dealing areas by renting/buying in a better neighborhood. There are quite a few very nice, quiet areas only a mile or two from the square. You can usually tell the better neighborhoods by how people keep up their houses. If you are considering a particular area, then ride through there both day and night and/or weekend before making a decision. This will also give you ideas on noise, lighting, barking dog next door, etc. that you might miss during a weekday.
Of course, a nicer area will cost a little more, but that is true in any town. Be prepared for a deposit and good credit report if you want a very nice rental.
Compared with some other small towns nearby, Franklin probably has a better economic outlook. There are quite a few places to work. New stores and businesses are opening up. The local industrial development groups have worked hard for years to attract new businesses.
Recent revisions to liquor laws will probably increase business in the future. Franklin is only a couple of miles from I-65, so that is a major plus -- both for business and individuals.
I think your question was a serious one, so I'm answering it that way. Answers like "no" or "hell no" aren't very informative. You'd probably get those answers from a couple of people if you asked about any town on the planet.
I came to Franklin several years ago from a distant state and I am satisfied with the town and its prospects.
What a great response to a persons question. I applaud you for the time and interest you took to help this person and I agree with all you said.

“One day at a time”

Since: Aug 09

Earth

#12 Jan 21, 2013
hold on the schools placed in the middle, so they're average. The teachers care about the kids, it's the administration on the state level that's screwing things up.
princess

Hopkinsville, KY

#13 Jan 21, 2013
Where were u offered a job at ??
me

United States

#14 Jan 21, 2013
I moved here about 5 or 6 years ago from Nashville. It takes a little while to get used to because it's quiet compared to big cities. But other than that it's a really nice town. Everybody complains about how there's so much drama and how it's so bad down here but it's not. They're just saying that because they've lived here they're entire lives and don't know what it's like everywhere else. Sure their are a few bad neighborhoods but that's going to be no matter where you move. I'm a junior right now and I've lived here since I was in 5th grade. So this is coming from a teenagers point of view. Overall: it's a good town that has its bad residence but the good outweighs the bad. But I'd still come check it out first to see if you'd like it or not.

“smile and have fun!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 21, 2013
It's only full of drama if you go looking for it! I've lived in this town for 24 years! I left and went into the military and chose to come back here to raise my children! They aren't into the drama and neither am I. We love it here! Granted the schools aren't the best, but your kid has to put in the effort too! My kids bust their a$$es and know that education is the best way for them to get any where in life!

It's a great little town!
test scores are back up.

Portland, TN

#16 Jan 22, 2013
Someone wrote:
The new principal has made great changes! The culture is more academically inclined and focused on success. Also, there is more to the story of those "low scores". Reply if you want to hear the truth about our school system. It will be in the top 25% of the state in three years.
Ugh

Duluth, GA

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Ha! Okay...
Mr Ed

Bowling Green, KY

#18 Jan 23, 2013
Franklin is a scum hole! Drugs about like any other place but this place is full of nasty in-breeders. Only good thing it has going for it if half to go that way fill up on gas then see ya! I lived there for 2 years(NEVER SIGN A 2 YEAR LEASE).
i like it here.

Portland, TN

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Mr Ed wrote:
Franklin is a scum hole! Drugs about like any other place but this place is full of nasty in-breeders. Only good thing it has going for it if half to go that way fill up on gas then see ya! I lived there for 2 years(NEVER SIGN A 2 YEAR LEASE).
It is what you make of it. Obviously, you have made it horrible.

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

#20 Jan 24, 2013
Mr Ed wrote:
Maybe it's good thing that you moved, because the scum and the inbreeding left when you did.
i like it here.

Portland, TN

#21 Jan 25, 2013
tinponyrider wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's good thing that you moved, because the scum and the inbreeding left when you did.
Ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fake as bitch 1 hr gross 5
End corruption by public officials 3 hr MessyInFranklin 4
renee rohrs (May '09) 4 hr cheap 10
Latest news on former sheriff cline indictment (Apr '14) 4 hr MessyInFranklin 76
Job Opening In Franklin 4 hr wondering 2
Best head in franklin 5 hr Her friend 13
Women of Macy's 6 hr Grand9C 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages