permit for yard sales
crazy

Portland, TN

#1 May 14, 2010
My father and mother - law are having a yard sale next weekend. Does anyone know if you still need a permit and where do u go to get it? If anyone knows please tell me it would be greatly appriated.
yep

Portland, TN

#2 May 14, 2010
Yep u still have to have the permits and they can be obtained at the same place you pay your water bill.
Newcomer 1

United States

#3 May 14, 2010
You are only allowed two yard sales a year if you live in the city.
crazy

Portland, TN

#4 May 14, 2010
they live on rutherford st they consider that county for some reason i live in the city so i am only allowed to have two yard a year with a permit. what about my those in the county?
Justice

White House, TN

#5 May 14, 2010
In the county you can have as many as you want, to my knowledge. It all started when this one house had a neverending yardsale for like a whole summer. LOL....However, if they are in the county- Im pretty sure theyre fine without a permit!
Tiffany

Gallatin, TN

#6 May 14, 2010
That may be why there are very few yard sales in Franklin!:(
crazy

Portland, TN

#7 May 15, 2010
thanks guys i appriciate the information
Newcomer 1

United States

#8 May 15, 2010
Yes, and that person went weekly through the neighborhood getting things from garbage to sell at their yard sale. They made it bad for everyone. I know alot of seniors that had yard sales to help with their low income.
Confused

Auburn, KY

#9 May 15, 2010
Are you saying that's a law that is enforced? They must have something better to do with those nice new unforms & cars!!
Dont

Lewisburg, KY

#10 May 15, 2010
Confused wrote:
Are you saying that's a law that is enforced? They must have something better to do with those nice new unforms & cars!!
Dont turn this into a bitch session about the police. It's about time they got some new equipment. I think if you want to have an ongoing yard sale they call that a buisness and you need a buisness license. More than two a year is a buisness. The only reason for the permitts is to keep track of them.
Newcomer 1

White House, TN

#11 May 15, 2010
Yes, the permits don't cost anything. It just prevents daily yard sales that make the neighborhood look bad. I don't agree with just two a year but once a month during the warmer weather would probably help alot of people on fixed incomes to help their living costs. I also agree the department needs good vehicles and uniforms. The new chief is doing a great job on improving the department. And yes, it is a law and it is enforced.
blah

Bowling Green, KY

#12 May 15, 2010
blahnkl
whatever

Crofton, KY

#13 May 18, 2010
Dont wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont turn this into a bitch session about the police. It's about time they got some new equipment. I think if you want to have an ongoing yard sale they call that a buisness and you need a buisness license. More than two a year is a buisness. The only reason for the permitts is to keep track of them.
Oh no! Dont insult the police! haha cops suck.
just wondering

White House, TN

#14 May 21, 2010
anyone having a yard sale on may 22
Not all cops are bad

London, OH

#15 Jul 20, 2015
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! Dont insult the police! haha cops suck.
Well next time you have an issue where you need them call a crackhead... the cops don't suck
regulargirl

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Jul 20, 2015
If u get caught without a permit you get a warning, after that there's a fine. Not sure of how much tho, sorry.
NBF

Franklin, KY

#17 Jul 21, 2015
My neighbor down the street has 4 or 5 yard sales per year. We have had two in the last couple of years. We got a permit the first time, but didn't bother with it the second time.
passerby

Chicago, IL

#18 Jul 22, 2015
passerby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatever 36 min You lame 17
News Cage The Elephant Has More Kentucky in Them Tha... 1 hr Millert 2
Lauren Elizabeth Stevenson 2 hr BG 4
cody cardwell 3 hr Jessica 30
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr HOMEEE 644
Anyone know Sharla Adtkins? 18 hr Lil 1
Kelsie dyer? Kelsey? 22 hr Marris 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages