Franklin Christmas Parade

Franklin Christmas Parade

Posted in the Franklin Forum

citizen

Portland, TN

#1 Dec 16, 2012
I was so disappointed in the Christmas parade this year. Why does there have to be such a high entry fee to be in the parade? I can remember when it was $5.00. Yes things have went up but 25 bucks is just way tooooo much! All that has to be bought is three trophies and I am sure The Trophy Shoppe or a local business would donate those. We used to have over a hundred entries, what did we have last night, 15?$5 x 100 entries would be a lot more money than 15 @ 25 and would be so much more fun and enjoyable. What happen to the festivities on the square before the parade. I was so disappointed that I parked 10 minutes before the parade and parking spaces everywhere. there were no entries and there were no spectators. Yes we have more things in this world to worry about than a parade, but why can't we as a community come together.....you know a prayer circle on the square would have been great to pray for the sick people in this world that satan has taken over. If we do not get God back in schools, more and more of these tragedies are going to happen.
voter

Portland, TN

#2 Dec 16, 2012
citizen wrote:
I was so disappointed in the Christmas parade this year. Why does there have to be such a high entry fee to be in the parade? I can remember when it was $5.00. Yes things have went up but 25 bucks is just way tooooo much! All that has to be bought is three trophies and I am sure The Trophy Shoppe or a local business would donate those. We used to have over a hundred entries, what did we have last night, 15?$5 x 100 entries would be a lot more money than 15 @ 25 and would be so much more fun and enjoyable. What happen to the festivities on the square before the parade. I was so disappointed that I parked 10 minutes before the parade and parking spaces everywhere. there were no entries and there were no spectators. Yes we have more things in this world to worry about than a parade, but why can't we as a community come together.....you know a prayer circle on the square would have been great to pray for the sick people in this world that satan has taken over. If we do not get God back in schools, more and more of these tragedies are going to happen.
is is $25 for everyone or just for companies advertising?
citizen

Portland, TN

#3 Dec 16, 2012
It is $15 up to about three weeks before and then it goes up to 25
Sympathy

Portland, TN

#4 Dec 16, 2012
What do the parade & God in schools have to do with each other? The reason people in Franklin do not 'come together' for a parade is because the sense of community is long gone. Gossip, betrayal & drama seem to follow the faithful Franklin followers, and the residents are fed up. People can/will only put up with so much. Its bad enough that we have to put up with the drama that comes with FS schools, going to eat & simply going to Wal-Mart; therefore no one gets excited anymore when something is going on here. Its viewed as another portal for bull$hit to enter ones life..... Who wants that?!?!
concerned

Franklin, KY

#5 Dec 16, 2012
Entry fees are used to buy children of Franklin Christmas gifts, school supplies pays for the Boys and Girls club to have pizza for there Christmas party,and other things the children need. It is a fundraiser for Kiwanis to help the children of our community. Think of it as a $5.00 entry fee and a $20 donation if you wait until the week of the parade. Otherwise it is $15 ($5 entry fee and $10 donation) if you want to look at it this way.
ticked

Tucker, GA

#6 Dec 16, 2012
I wish it started earlier in the day!!! I go to church in Saturday nights and I couldn't even get to my church because the had all the streets it it blocked off! And Mass was completely disrupted by the noise!
I love the parade in town and have even participated in it in the past! And my children participate every year! It really sucks having to miss either church or watching my kids! And it's really hard to see everything when it's so dark!!! How about having it at 2 in the afternoon!
DumbFranklin

Portland, TN

#7 Dec 16, 2012
Maybe if they would let them throw candy kids would actually want to come... Franklin has turned into a joke! What is a parade without candy? And also have an earlier time maybe where we could actually see the parade, we shouldn't have to bring flashlights to try to find our kids!!! Bad weather also...
Newcomer 1

Hopkinsville, KY

#8 Dec 17, 2012
I agree with all the complaints posted on here but it would be better to go to who ever is in charge and make your remarks heard. Topix wont help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R U Listening 5 hr No Donations Please 19
nude photos (Apr '14) 7 hr witchkoff 7
Eddie Lawson For Sheriff (Jan '14) 9 hr mitchell 60
Brian Blankenship 18 hr I know 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 21 hr WhoLetTheDogOut 1,038
News The rare eclipse was memorable. The ride home w... 21 hr tim 3
Dameion Rigsby Tue Turned off 23

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages