White House, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

The Animal Control DOES pick up dogs and so does the rest of the Deputy Sheriff's. He gets paid what a Deputy makes which is less than $27,000.00 a year. That is pathetic. If you want to complain, complain why Deputies get paid about $6,000.00 a year less than what the City police make. Living in the county, I have a scanner and you hear the City police calling for animal control or another Deputy to pick up dogs all the time. The City Police do not pick up dogs and that is where most of them are. The Animal Control Officer is a Deputy and he does both. He was hired as animal control but he has Deputy powers as well, that is nothing new. There is a post earlier that stated that.
Hello

White House, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

YES wrote:
The Animal Control DOES pick up dogs and so does the rest of the Deputy Sheriff's. He gets paid what a Deputy makes which is less than $27,000.00 a year. That is pathetic. If you want to complain, complain why Deputies get paid about $6,000.00 a year less than what the City police make. Living in the county, I have a scanner and you hear the City police calling for animal control or another Deputy to pick up dogs all the time. The City Police do not pick up dogs and that is where most of them are. The Animal Control Officer is a Deputy and he does both. He was hired as animal control but he has Deputy powers as well, that is nothing new. There is a post earlier that stated that.
REALLY?
too low

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

The city police make too little, and the county guys make WAY too little!
Bubba

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

too low wrote:
The city police make too little, and the county guys make WAY too little!
Agreed. No law enforcement person makes enough for what could happen. But as with any job I've ever seen, the pay was known up front before the job was taken. And honestly I've never heard a officer complain about their pay, just people on here mostly.
Truth in Pay

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Simpson County Deputy $27,000 (Employee Ins.)
Franklin Cop 32,000 (Family Ins.)
Code Enforcement 40,000 (Family Ins.)
Dispatchers@State 35,000 (Employee Ins.)
F-S Firefighter 32,000 (Employee Ins.)
State Troopers 45,000 (Employee Ins.)
Fish & Wildlife 35,000 (Employee Ins.)

Why are Deputy Sheriff's paid so little? Isn't their lives just as important to us as these other officers? How do we pay them so little? I am not saying the rest make too much...but how can anyone think this is fair? They go to the police academy too. They risk their lives for all of us that live in the county and we reward them with a wage that is less than any assistant manager at McDonald's or Wendy's. They don't get family insurance benefits either. If they want family insurance, they pay for it out of their check, which leaves them with about $21,000 a year! This is so sad...I want to take this time to thank each and every one of them for doing so much for us for so very, very little. God Bless You and Keep You Safe!
GOLD CITY

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

This is so SAD and Embarrassing. Are they drawing food stamps? What can we do to correct this? Who do we call or write? I bet, like me, people in Simpson County had no idea they were being paid so little. My son is 19, and he is a mechanic in Gallatin and he started out at $36,800.00 a year. Geez!!! While I am in my home tonight with my family, it is hard for me to think of those poor boys out there risking their lives for me and mine...and they are rewarded with pay below the poverty level. I would just like to tell them, on behalf of everyone in Gold City, I am Sorry.
In the know

Elkton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

What shocks me is a dispatcher sitting on her butt behind a protective glass gets $35,000. How is that fair to the ones out there risking their lives.
Bottom Line

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Truth in Pay wrote:
Simpson County Deputy $27,000 (Employee Ins.)
Franklin Cop 32,000 (Family Ins.)
Code Enforcement 40,000 (Family Ins.)
Dispatchers@State 35,000 (Employee Ins.)
F-S Firefighter 32,000 (Employee Ins.)
State Troopers 45,000 (Employee Ins.)
Fish & Wildlife 35,000 (Employee Ins.)
Why are Deputy Sheriff's paid so little? Isn't their lives just as important to us as these other officers? How do we pay them so little? I am not saying the rest make too much...but how can anyone think this is fair? They go to the police academy too. They risk their lives for all of us that live in the county and we reward them with a wage that is less than any assistant manager at McDonald's or Wendy's. They don't get family insurance benefits either. If they want family insurance, they pay for it out of their check, which leaves them with about $21,000 a year! This is so sad...I want to take this time to thank each and every one of them for doing so much for us for so very, very little. God Bless You and Keep You Safe!
CODES DUDE HAS IT MADE IN THE SHADE!
GOLD CITY

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Would you RISK your LIFE FOR $27,000 a YEAR? I DIDN'T THINK SO. Why should they have too?
boo hoo

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

These Barney's r fairly compensated for the quality of the job they do...if they don't like it, go to a real city n b a real cop...my guess is they couldn't hang...besides, I'm sure they get "perks"...they should hang out with the crew that sits n the jailer's Ford F250 round 7am at Sonic...hope our tax dollars aren't paying for convicts to eat breakfast at Sonic!
wow

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

boo hoo wrote:
These Barney's r fairly compensated for the quality of the job they do...if they don't like it, go to a real city n b a real cop...my guess is they couldn't hang...besides, I'm sure they get "perks"...they should hang out with the crew that sits n the jailer's Ford F250 round 7am at Sonic...hope our tax dollars aren't paying for convicts to eat breakfast at Sonic!
These guys don't get paid near enough to put up with the kind of people they come in contact with. They put their lives on the line for people like you. Wife's & kids & family are worrying about them.
David Barnes

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

boo hoo wrote:
What kind of "Perks" do you get on your job, free fries? According to your logic, the Police and Firefighters that ran into the twin towers made what they were worth too. Every soldier that gets killed or looses their legs in Afghanistan, made what they were worth.People like you are the ONLY people that are under paid, everyone else makes too much or just enough. When you are running away from danger and shitting you pants, pick up the phone and dial 911, then expect them to show up for $11.00 an hour and save your sorry ass.
Rain

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Your codes enforcement jerk off makes more than all of you a true embarresment for the city fathers
if u must know

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

If u want to see changes made as to what deputies are paid, contact Jim Henderson..he controls the county money.
Rain

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Henderson is a puppet head for city council and blows which never way the voters go like the rock quarry he is for it but against it
empereur

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

maybe if all the crooked ones were lined up and shot, then the decent ones could have their pay!!! at least eddie lawson isn't working there anymore lol
Dee

Portland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

when did eddie quit the sheriffs dept?
RedneckBubba

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

...I heard they get "all you can eat" donuts from Walmart, though!
sotrue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Totally agree
yeah

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Ok sure they do just like u go to church every sunday. They dont make enough money to do what they do. If u want to find out how much "free" stuff they get then apply u. Get on u will know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Franklin Forum right now

Search the Franklin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Limbertwig 146,055
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 38 min dodo 81,563
Lowe's fraud 1 hr 62656sss 1
tc 1 hr :( 5
Josh (Apr '10) 2 hr Justspeakingthetruth 13
tori groves 2 hr tori groves 5
James and Tori Goodrum 3 hr crap 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Franklin Jobs

•••