Nursing Homes in Franklin

Posted in the Franklin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need Info

Portland, TN

#1 Feb 6, 2013
I am faced with need to place an aging relative into a nursing facility. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to accomplish this and which are the best facilities to look at. Thanks for all the serious posters, others will be ignored.
Hello

Franklin, KY

#2 Feb 6, 2013
your loved one needs to first be placed in the hospital for 3 days, then medicare will pay for the
first 100 days. Depends on what kind on insurance she has as well. Auburn nursing home is small and somewhat old, but I would say they give the best care close to Franklin Ky..Hopkins IN Woodburn is also a GOOD PLACE.
BTW

Franklin, KY

#3 Feb 6, 2013
I have heard that a company bought out Medco, and it has improved. I have worked in the health care field for many years. I hope you have home health, they can send a social worker out to your home to help for placement.
Need Info

Portland, TN

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Thank you to all who replied. No one understands how difficult this is until they have been in this situation.
BTW

Franklin, KY

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Im a social worker..u r welcomed..
However there r programs out there that will provide for a sitter occasionally if she is low income..
BTW

Franklin, KY

#6 Feb 6, 2013
If u want to email me..I can give u info.
BTW

Franklin, KY

#7 Feb 6, 2013
these r all my posts
Awesome

Burnsville, NC

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Hello wrote:
your loved one needs to first be placed in the hospital for 3 days, then medicare will pay for the
first 100 days. Depends on what kind on insurance she has as well. Auburn nursing home is small and somewhat old, but I would say they give the best care close to Franklin Ky..Hopkins IN Woodburn is also a GOOD PLACE.
This place is as clean as a whistle! I have relatives there and sometimes we call ahead and have them make food for us because it is so delicious and tasty! The staff are really good and just as nice as they can be! I have seen them take time to go out of their way and read to the residents dress them up in beautiful costumes, have wonderful singalongs. Lord love all of the staff there! I have also know them to cook wonderful things at home and bring them to the residents. Also they are such wonderful Christian people there! God bless everyone of them!
Intheknow

United States

#10 Feb 7, 2013
I had a relative at Franklin Nursing and Rehab. They do not take care of one as their own, but they do meet their needs, but no one is going to treat one as you would treat a relative. As long as you visit often, keep on top of things and let them know you are doing this, they will be fine. Question them about things and ask questions. If they know you are concerned and going quite often, they will take care of them. It is not a bad place and your love one will have their needs met, maybe not as fast as you would like, but they don't mistreat the patients. They are so overworked and understaffed. When dealing with them remember....would you do what they do for minimum wage? They have to have a true love for this job to do it. My hats off to them!
justsoyouknow

United States

#11 Feb 22, 2013
they make a lot more than minimum wage!! So, that's not it.
CNA

Portland, TN

#12 Feb 22, 2013
They make way more than minimum wage. I'm a CNA. In my opinion Medco in Franklin has some good people and some bad people. Some do mistreat the patients because I have seen it myself and some are complete smart asses. I would go to Hopkins in Woodburn they're wonderful.
truthhurts

United States

#13 Feb 23, 2013
I wouldn't send a dog to Medco!
I know

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Don't go to Medco. There's a place on 109 that's a live in nursing home with very few patients great care! I can't think of the name but its right before you get into to town on the left
Need Info

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Feb 25, 2013
What about the one in Woodburn
CNA
#17 Feb 27, 2013
I worked in the nursing homes around the area.I wouldnt go with Auburn or Medco.Hopkins in woodburn is great and Lewis Memorial out by Harmon and the golf course is a good place.They get more attention at Lewis Memorial because there are fewer residents than at a bigger nursing home.Good luck and god bless you and your family.
ok...

Tucker, GA

#18 Feb 28, 2013
I have worked at medco in Franklin and Hopkins in Woodburn. I would put my own family in Hopkins if i had to. They are truly wonderful and smaller so residents get the attention they need! And its a very clean place and good food. Lots of employees eat there as well. Never go to medco! They dont get the attention they deserve.
mmmm

Lexington, KY

#19 Mar 4, 2013
ka
truthhurts

United States

#21 Mar 6, 2013
Medco SUCKS!
L Rod

Hopkinsville, KY

#23 Jan 3, 2014
Medco is the best place in town.
Need Info

Portland, TN

#24 Jan 4, 2014
L Rod wrote:
Medco is the best place in town.
You are right. They took in my relative and cared for them in pallative care until they passed. No better care could have been given than was given at Medco.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I heard Jim Brown running for mayor again 10 hr Need Common Sense... 43
Why did Jim Henderson abandoned Simpson County? 17 hr In Line 11
R U Listening (Jul '17) Thu Gold City reporter 125
One night stand Thu Big one 5
Where da vegetables Thu Trash 6
Cash paying labor jobs Thu easyfix 12
Lana McPherson Wed Haha 2

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance