Looking for the “fortune teller”

Posted in the Franklin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Still Here

Portland, TN

#1 Jan 9, 2011
If you’re still looking for me, hell-o “Topper” <smile>. I didn’t know about this site until last night or I would have responded to your post a long time ago. Some people I know were talking about fortune tellers and brought up the search for one they saw on here. I knew it had to be you. Yes, I’m still in Franklin and I still go to the VFW on occasion. A lot has changed though and no one there knows what you know about me. I would love to talk to you again. If you’re still visiting this site let me know and I’ll tell you how to find me.
CHG84

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Jan 9, 2011
Is there a good fortune teller here in franklin. This is the first time I have heard about it.
I Remember

Portland, TN

#3 Jan 9, 2011
It’s been a lot of years but I remember two here. One lived in Auburn and did public card readings. The other wanted nothing to do with the public and didn’t do readings. That one knew things about you by looking at you or touching you. Scary as hell!

Since: Jan 10

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2011
OMG! Topper?!

Remember where B-Beau put your engagement ring on your finger? Call there. I’ll put you two in touch.
Dream Catcher

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Jan 10, 2011
If their is a real fortune teller in Franklin or even close by, can someone put me in touch. I use to know of a real good older lady that could read tea cups but I cant find her anymore. Would like to have a good reading done. Seriously. I am not looking for a smart comment.
I know

United States

#6 Feb 24, 2011
the lady that reads tea cups lives in auburn on main street. She is amazing. Heard some of her grandchildren can do it too but dont. It would be great if they would to keep up the family business.
Dream Catcher

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Feb 24, 2011
I know wrote:
the lady that reads tea cups lives in auburn on main street. She is amazing. Heard some of her grandchildren can do it too but dont. It would be great if they would to keep up the family business.
Oh wow. Do you have the exact address or name or even a number to reach her. If so I can give you my email so it will not show on here. Please let me know. Thank you.
U-Neek-1

White Plains, KY

#8 Feb 24, 2011
Yes, she is still in Auburn, KY. I have her name, address, phone number. I am very good friends with her. I can set you up with her anytime you wanna go. I'll need your email address, name, or some kind of phone number where I can reached you.
wanttoknow

Portland, TN

#9 Feb 25, 2011
Has n e body found out who the ol lady here in franklin is? Asked my granny bout her and she knows but wont tell me. Says she aint a fortune teller shes a seer and I should leave her alone.
wanttoknowPS

Portland, TN

#10 Feb 25, 2011
wanttoknow wrote:
Has n e body found out who the ol lady here in franklin is? Asked my granny bout her and she knows but wont tell me. Says she aint a fortune teller shes a seer and I should leave her alone.
p.s. can n e body tell me the dif in a teller and a seer?
Dream Catcher

White Plains, KY

#11 Feb 25, 2011
U-Neek-1 wrote:
Yes, she is still in Auburn, KY. I have her name, address, phone number. I am very good friends with her. I can set you up with her anytime you wanna go. I'll need your email address, name, or some kind of phone number where I can reached you.
Ok. Send me a simple email and I will give you my info. Thank you.
Dream Catcher

White Plains, KY

#12 Feb 25, 2011
Oops. Lol. Guess you need this.
[email protected]
Blessings

Portland, TN

#13 Feb 26, 2011
wanttoknowPS wrote:
<quoted text>
a fortuneteller is a person that professes to be able to tell the future...a seer actually does.

prophet is another word for seer. A true prophet is not so much a teller of the future as opposed to someone who verifies something you already had knowledge of that you couldn't quite grasp. Thus a prophet or seer are more often "forth tellers" of wisdom, knowledge, and truth as opposed to foretelling the future. Although true prophets sometimes have knowledge of things to come.

There are many false prophets. If a person tells you something will happen based upon anything supernatural and what they tell you is not 100 percent accurate 100 percent of the time then they prophesy from flesh or the Devil.

If they charge for the service they prophesy from flesh or a devil...All Good things are free, Evil names the price.

i, who am nothing, recommend that you consider to change your thinking concerning these type of practices.

Since: Jan 10

United States

#14 Feb 26, 2011
wanttoknowPS wrote:
<quoted text>
A fortune teller interprets the future through something physical like tea leaves, Tarot Cards, a crystal ball, or a Ouija Board. A seer simply sees through sight, touch, or thought.

A fortune teller can choose when and for whom to see. A seer doesn’t have that choice. The sight of past, future, spirit, and soul can come and go 24/7.That’s why most do not want to be publicized or social.

A fortune teller will accept payments or gifts for their predictions. A seer believes if payment or a gift is accepted for the use of their gift of sight they will either lose the gift of seeing or it will become a curse (meaning they’ll see more than they can mentally, emotionally, or spiritually handle).

There are only a few people in Franklin that know who your Granny is talking about, so your Granny is probably someone we know too. We’re all very protective of this woman because we grew up with her and know what she’s been through all her life trying to deal with seeing what she doesn’t want to see.

I hope you will listen to your Granny. There are several fortune tellers in the area that would be happy to talk to you. Please respect our friend’s desire and need for privacy.
wanttoknowPS

Portland, TN

#15 Feb 26, 2011
if she knows stuff why she don't want to help people
LIGHTATTHEENDOFT UNNEL

United States

#16 Feb 26, 2011
Sometimes seeing other people lives is more of an inconvience people become greedy and tend not to care too much about the seer feelings. As a seer you become drained mentally and physically it can be very challenging peoples lives issues and problems are very draining especially along with your own problems...no one is perfect most seers can't see their own future so another ones life even looking at it can place strain on the heart and mind
Blessings

Portland, TN

#17 Feb 27, 2011
Bettys Brain wrote:
<quoted text>
A fortune teller interprets the future through something physical like tea leaves, Tarot Cards, a crystal ball, or a Ouija Board. A seer simply sees through sight, touch, or thought.
A fortune teller can choose when and for whom to see. A seer doesn’t have that choice. The sight of past, future, spirit, and soul can come and go 24/7.That’s why most do not want to be publicized or social.
A fortune teller will accept payments or gifts for their predictions. A seer believes if payment or a gift is accepted for the use of their gift of sight they will either lose the gift of seeing or it will become a curse (meaning they’ll see more than they can mentally, emotionally, or spiritually handle).
There are other fortune tellers aside from those you mentioned. You mentioned only divination with the exception of Ouija, which is a form of conjuration. The most common are astrologers (but like you mentioned this type still look upon something physical), mediums, necromancers, preachers and psychics. Others exist also but as you stated a true seer always just "sees" thus the word seer.

It is a truth that a true seer cannot pick and choose. Some are social (although usually edgy and blunt) but not publicized. Usually notorious if anything at all, especially true if the prophet is involved with the local religions. Overly religious people do not generally like a prophet although their scripture teaches otherwise. It is a gift, which is a truth. But most cannot look beyond the prophet’s personal imperfections or their own pride to benefit from the spiritual gift.

When a seer has money in their interests it means that they have an influence other than purity of love which means that something other than love will accompany the message. There is no curse of seeing extra revelations as a result of selling but what happens is the Spirit of Love and Truth leave the seer and they are left to not appropriately believe in Evil until they are granted forgiveness for Submitting to their own Inner Noise. There is nothing wrong with receiving a gift as long as the gift is not asked for or expected and just like you said. A gift from the heart is a blessing to a true prophet, but the prophet will know the intentions of the gift. ;)

I have learned that if someone is genuinely in need of this gift then they somehow cross a prophet’s path and then, when they do, the recipient still has to believe to see themselves. &#61514;

Also there is a difference between a prophetically gifted person and someone who holds the office of a prophet. The differences are mostly responsibility related. All seers are not called to teach and that is basically what separates the two without going into great lengths of explanation.

Blessings.
wanttoknow

Portland, TN

#18 Feb 27, 2011
what r u? u in franklin?
Blessings

Portland, TN

#19 Feb 28, 2011
wanttoknow wrote:
what r u? u in franklin?
I assume these questions are directed towards me.

i am nothing compared to One i know. Yes, I live in Franklin.

What do you think I am?:)

Blessings.
wanttoknow

Portland, TN

#20 Mar 2, 2011
betty plez ask ur frind 2 tlk 2 me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lack of intimacy 2 hr dumdum22 10
Why do people cheat on mates? (Apr '12) 2 hr m22170019tt 61
Like I said (Mar '13) 2 hr mrb2217 10
thing i just wanted to say to u but dont know how (Feb '13) 2 hr mrb2217 18
Guess who? (May '13) 2 hr mrb2217 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr TCHS Class of 1977 678
Sleepless Nights 3 hr Hmmm 28

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages