Quotes from the Holy Quran

Posted in the Franklin Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Islam

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 27, 2012
 
Islam

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 27, 2012
 
2.216. Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

IV/34: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other.. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If a man is in a mood to have sexual intercourse the woman must come immediately even if she is baking bread at a communal oven. (TR. P 428)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The christian bible is equally horrid with regards to women. Both books show that the nomadic bronze-age goat herders who wrote them were doing so for their own benefit, not channeling some imaginary sky fairy.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Blue collar biochemist wrote:
The christian bible is equally horrid with regards to women. Both books show that the nomadic bronze-age goat herders who wrote them were doing so for their own benefit, not channeling some imaginary sky fairy.
So are all god's, God, imaginary sky fairys, or just the Christian God?Do we just offend, the Jewish, and Christians because you know you are safe? Or do you choose to offend the Muslims also?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

No, they are all imaginary. Allah is every bit a make-believe figment of the imagination as Yahweh.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

And what happens when women gets away from the christian bible? Divorce, run away moms and even death in some cases. It's a better world without God.
Blue collar biochemist wrote:
The christian bible is equally horrid with regards to women. Both books show that the nomadic bronze-age goat herders who wrote them were doing so for their own benefit, not channeling some imaginary sky fairy.
Betsy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 28, 2012
 
DavidM wrote:
If a man is in a mood to have sexual intercourse the woman must come immediately even if she is baking bread at a communal oven.(TR. P 428)
Now this is the true recipe for a happy marriage!

Otherwise they can come to me for $200 per session.
Ridgerunner

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 28, 2012
 
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this is the true recipe for a happy marriage!
Otherwise they can come to me for $200 per session.
UHHH? HMMMM! Well.....

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

My girlfriend does not mind it at all.
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this is the true recipe for a happy marriage!
Otherwise they can come to me for $200 per session.
nuffsaid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

DavidM wrote:
If a man is in a mood to have sexual intercourse the woman must come immediately even if she is baking bread at a communal oven.(TR. P 428)
Whereth can I find this woman you speaketh of that 'comes immediately'? Truly will I knoweth that I have entered the pearly gates!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 28, 2012
 
DavidM wrote:
And what happens when women gets away from the christian bible? Divorce, run away moms and even death in some cases. It's a better world without God.
<quoted text>
Christians get divorced at the same rate as the rest of the population. And I'm pretty sure death is unavoidable, too. But you are correct, it's a better world without gods.
Realist_in_your_ Face

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Down with islam! P*$$ on allah!! Bwahhhaaaaa
Penny

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

nuffsaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Whereth can I find this woman you speaketh of that 'comes immediately'? Truly will I knoweth that I have entered the pearly gates!
You can make my gate pearly with your jam.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I was not talking about our "Christians" of today. I was talking about people that follow what the Bible says.
Blue collar biochemist wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians get divorced at the same rate as the rest of the population. And I'm pretty sure death is unavoidable, too. But you are correct, it's a better world without gods.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Nobody follows the bible, many think they do, but who actually follows the whole thing. Christians, in general, know less about the bible than atheists.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Blue collar biochemist wrote:
Christians, in general, know less about the bible than atheists.
I would say this is true. Most atheists are attention-starved by nature. You will often see them with white trash tattoos and scummy facial hair. They do this because they want people to notice them. As such, they will often read up on the bible to figure out ways to "shock" societal norms and challenge the content of the bible. They are like the little kids who act out in an effort to get negative attention because they don't feel people notice them. Atheism is really just an adult temper-tantrum where somebody with not much self-esteem or perceived self-worth tries to get noticed. Agnostics I can at least respect. Atheists are scumbags.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Linda Bledsoe wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say this is true. Most atheists are attention-starved by nature. You will often see them with white trash tattoos and scummy facial hair. They do this because they want people to notice them. As such, they will often read up on the bible to figure out ways to "shock" societal norms and challenge the content of the bible. They are like the little kids who act out in an effort to get negative attention because they don't feel people notice them. Atheism is really just an adult temper-tantrum where somebody with not much self-esteem or perceived self-worth tries to get noticed. Agnostics I can at least respect. Atheists are scumbags.
See, most of the atheists I know are like myself, science PhDs or MD/PhDs doing research and making the world better with actions, not futily trying to pray troubles away. Research has actually shown that the more intelligent/educated a person is, the more likely they are to bean atheist.

Believers do the opposite of what you are saying, reading only the parts of the bible they want so they don't have to face the obvious contradictions and failures of the book, such as an obviously hateful, genecidal, and attention-whoring god.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 3, 2012
 
Blue collar biochemist wrote:
Research has actually shown that the more intelligent/educated a person is, the more likely they are to bean atheist.
I think you are confusing atheist with agnostic. There is a big difference. Still, I understand your opinion on the topic.

Atheism is still a form of faith, and by your logic the education and credentials don't support any kind of faith. That is why I think you are talking about agnostics, which is absolute lack of faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Franklin Discussions

Search the Franklin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
HIV/AIDS Rising Among Blacks In Indiana, Indian... 1 hr Abdurratln 8
Republicans Still Destroying America 2 hr Starlett Miller 104
Republicans Molesting Children 2 hr Starlett Miller 4
Another Republican Molester 2 hr Starlett Miller 3
Republican Child Molesters 2 hr Simon 81
Republican Morality 2 hr Teh Enforcer 12
Investor home purchases raise rental concerns (Sep '13) 3 hr Nakliyat 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Franklin Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••