|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Micheal Itorus wrote:
The same freedom of speech right that allows you to express your opinion also applies to the cartoonist.
I agree, I still would be interested in seeing it. While it may be considered offensive, the editor(s) of the paper should have had a chance to stop it.
And besides many political cartoon drawers have pushed the edge for years.
Moe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text> I would be interested in seeing the cartoon, since it is not represented here, then where please?
Here is the racist cartoon. I don't know if it will show or not. It is a blow up of the head.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/US/07/09/me...
Moe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

In case that above don't work use the below and every where there is a ? put a t.

h??p://i2.cdn.?urner.com/cnn/2 008/US/07/09/mexican.comic/ar? .comic.mexican.03.khou.jpg
mary

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

“I wasn’t sure what ass tasted like, but she looked like she would know, so I was willing to take her word for it.”

Excerpt From: Evanovich, Janet.“Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel.” Bantam, 2011-11-22T00:00:00+00:00. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Moe wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the racist cartoon. I don't know if it will show or not. It is a blow up of the head.
Moe, If that is the head used in the political cartoon, I cansee how that would be offenceive. Is it racist? I really don't know. Because of the stereotypical dipiction, I understand the potential for offence.
Duchess

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Moe, If that is the head used in the political cartoon, I cansee how that would be offenceive. Is it racist? I really don't know. Because of the stereotypical dipiction, I understand the potential for offence.
That IS NOT THE CARTOON. This was a cartoon by Gary Varvel in the Indpls Star a few day aqo.It was a hand drawn cartoon of a man walking with his child on a sidewalk approaching a yellow and black warning sign depicting a human figure holding a gun in the air. It did not show any facial or body features. A figure. A gun. Drawn in the shape to look like a typical Indiana warning sign. NO FACIAL FEATURES ON THAT SIGN. GOOGLE IT.
Lynx

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Thats a picture of Moe. See the M on his head.
Tom

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Moe, If that is the head used in the political cartoon, I cansee how that would be offenceive. Is it racist? I really don't know. Because of the stereotypical dipiction, I understand the potential for offence.
It is believeable that hhoosiers ar racists likethis. Go to any bar and just sit and listen.
Moe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Moe wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the real Moe. I am the real Moe. That Moe is some tea bagger.

I do agree though that Indiana is racist.
AllAmerican

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

STFU wrote:
<quoted text>[I RAN CONTRA (IRANCONTRA) OLIVER NORTH DO U REMEMBER AND U EXPECT ME TO BELEIVE THAT THE US GOVT WAS BRINGING IN TONS OF COCAINE AND THE PRESIDENT NOR HIS STAF KNEW!!!!!!!!!!
I seem to remember President Reagan apologizing to the American people. He said that he had allowed what he thought was a good idea get out of control, and offered no excuses to prevent insulting the American people. Paraphrased of course, but that was a politician that could stand up and say he was wrong. Something I am afraid we will never see again, especially from this administration. This administration gets on TV and says that cops acted irresponsibly and stupid when they arrested an unruly black college professor, and this president places a murder conviction on someone after a shooting in Florida, before there is any trial in the legal system. Not to mention protecting a crooked, sneaky and incompetent US Attorney General from his hometown. No caps necessary to make my point.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
It is believeable that hhoosiers ar racists likethis. Go to any bar and just sit and listen.
Since I do not drink, I had to go to work, and the retail stores.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff punky Combs at it again 4 min Brenda 6
Courts tell Indiana to honor gay marriages from... 10 hr who cares 4
officer Wilson 10 hr Simon 2
They riot with no facts or evidence 11 hr Simon 9
My new jeep Wed Rogains 5
Julie Ann Shipley, Whiteland Wed the stewart family 1
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... Wed Rogains 5

Search the Franklin Forum:
•••
•••