SHUT UP AND DO MY NAILS, 99%: What Mi...

SHUT UP AND DO MY NAILS, 99%: What Mitt Romney's Wealthy Supporters Really Think

Posted in the Franklin Forum

Angie

Livingston, TN

#1 Jul 9, 2012
SHUT UP AND DO MY NAILS, 99%: What Mitt Romney's Wealthy Supporters Really Think by Angie

On her way to a $50,000 a plate Romney fundraiser in the Hamptons, this is what one supporter had to say (from the Los Angeles Times):

A New York City donor a few cars back, who also would not give her name, said Romney needed to do a better job connecting.“I don’t think the common person is getting it,” she said from the passenger seat of a Range Rover stamped with East Hampton beach permits.“Nobody understands why Obama is hurting them.“We’ve got the message,” she added.“But my college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies — everybody who’s got the right to vote — they don’t understand what’s going on. I just think if you’re lower income — one, you’re not as educated, two, they don’t understand how it works, they don’t understand how the systems work, they don’t understand the impact.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is more school prayer answer to social ills? 3 hr Bob 19
News IMPD officer arrested on drunken-driving charge (Jan '08) 8 hr First Amendment01 204
How soon will Mike Pence seek a 25th Amendment ... 11 hr Go Mike Go 7
update on the murder of almarcus barker in 08 (Jan '15) 12 hr Mama 3
Bored Sat yes 3
Stephanie Rich Sat yes 4
thank you fedex Sat Thank You 37

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages