Ind. DNR wants charges dropped in deer rescue case

Feb 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources said Friday it is asking a prosecutor to drop charges against a couple who nursed an injured baby deer back to health and kept it in an enclosure on their property for two years.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
dan

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

why do we even a DNR ? oh it's for every one but cops i see
Right thing

Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

dan wrote:
why do we even a DNR ? oh it's for every one but cops i see
are you saying you don't have a heart for animals ? I have doged the DNR from the get go. I'm very thankful they have stepped up to the plate and doing the right thing ! Thank you D N R.
Babylon

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I don't understand how they got a different country into this case.i know of someone who asked for this and they told them no!!.. So if this case can why is it that nobody else can.....please don't take me wrong I'm glad for these 2 and praying for the changes to be dropped....based on my understanding of everything.......God bless everyone have a good Saturday morning.....more answers will continue but in the good for Jeff and Jennifer....you're in my prayers...
ummm

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Another country got involved? Never heard of that. Which country Iraq maybe or Iran which one
anarchy

Rushville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Toters and Deer thing wrote:
<quoted text> are you saying you don't have a heart for animals ? I have doged the DNR from the get go. I'm very thankful they have stepped up to the plate and doing the right thing ! Thank you D N R.
. Yes thank you! Now I can teach my kids it's alright to break the law as long as your heart is in the right place. Oh and as long as you are a police officer and a nurse.:)
big Jim

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Connersville isn't fair with all the people or should I say the judges aren't .....so I'm so happy Jeff got his case in another city
Skinny Jo

Silver Lake, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I guess I can start my wild animal collection now and give the DNR the finger. Indiana politicians rock!
TwoCents

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I certainly hope that the judge does HIS job and continues with the DEMANDED jury trial that the CoonSellers demanded . Already we have seen a law enforcement officer , a federal agency and a governor try to sweep this blatant disregard for the law under the carpet . Let's all band together and support JnJ by kidnapping a deer ( or other wild animal ) and keeping it confined in a small pen for a coupla years . I mean it's not like we will get in any trouble . So far I have only managed to capture a cockroach , unfortunately the cockroach didn't kill three people but it's a start . We can break federal law and get away with it . YES WE CAN .
Taxpayer

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I expect and Demand that the DNR I pay enforces the laws regardless of public pressure, opinion and the status of the accused. What the hell ? If they are found guilty then fine them a dollar - If they are innocent then acquit them but for crying out loud let justice prevail and get a spine DNR.
geewhiz

Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

TwoCents wrote:
I certainly hope that the judge does HIS job and continues with the DEMANDED jury trial that the CoonSellers demanded . Already we have seen a law enforcement officer , a federal agency and a governor try to sweep this blatant disregard for the law under the carpet . Let's all band together and support JnJ by kidnapping a deer ( or other wild animal ) and keeping it confined in a small pen for a coupla years . I mean it's not like we will get in any trouble . So far I have only managed to capture a cockroach , unfortunately the cockroach didn't kill three people but it's a start . We can break federal law and get away with it . YES WE CAN .
Get a freakin life!
geewhiz

Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

All you heartless morons need to get a life. Leave the Councellers alone. They did what they felt was right!!
harrypit

Marengo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Please do not ever, ever, ever FEEL like kidnapping a "baby" animal away from its mother is right. It is against the law, it causes a mother deer to frantically panic and stress, it causes the spread of disease such a CWD into our cattle, and it causes for very painful situations when the animal is taken away from you. It is kidnapping. And who in the world is naming wildlife for pete-sake. I will bet you won't save the oppossums or the snakes. why not...doesn't it FEEL right. Gee-whiz geewhiz
SQuaReS

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

harrypit wrote:
Please do not ever, ever, ever FEEL like kidnapping a "baby" animal away from its mother is right. It is against the law, it causes a mother deer to frantically panic and stress, it causes the spread of disease such a CWD into our cattle, and it causes for very painful situations when the animal is taken away from you. It is kidnapping. And who in the world is naming wildlife for pete-sake. I will bet you won't save the oppossums or the snakes. why not...doesn't it FEEL right. Gee-whiz geewhiz
Yes. Murder and beat one another. But outrage over a damn deer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Franklin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••