BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn ...
POOR DEALERSHIP

Tonkawa, OK

#41 Apr 23, 2013
PRAIRIELAND PARTNERS IN WINFIELD KS HAS TO HAVE ONE OF THE SORRIEST SERVICE DEPARTMENTS I SEEN IN AWHILE I USED TO DEAL WITH THEM ALL TIME BUT GUY'S QUIT AND SERVICE MGR. IS IDIOT WON'T EVER GO BACK THERE EVEN TO BY ANYTHING AGAIN DOES'NT SEEM TO BOTHER HIM A BIT WELL GOOD LUCK BUDDY PEOPLE ARE GONIG ELSEWHERE FOR SERVICE I FOR ONE BELIVE THAT WHO EVER SELLS ME SOMETHING NEW ALL SO GETS MY SERVICE AS WELL HEARD SERVEAL OF THERE OLD TECHS ARE WORKING ON THE SIDE ON JOHN DEERE'S HAVE BEEN GOING TO O'MALLYS FOR ALL MY NEEDS THEY ONLY HAVE TO STORES BUT SEEM TO HAVE THERE STUFF TOGETHER
NOT TRUE

Mooresville, NC

#42 Apr 29, 2013
moline wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you mention that.
I got an uncle that does small engine repair, he says none of the john deere tractors at lowes are made by john deere, and that any of the parts on a john deere lawn tractor from lowes can not be bought or gotten from john deere.
It was a deal john deere made with lowes for the name brand product, try writing john deere and letting them know what kind of a deal they made selling out their name and how this is making them and their true products look bad.
I once wrote the CEO of lowes direct when I couldn't get no help,(most never have an email available for the public to see or use, but with a little digging its not that hard to get) after a few emails to him and the board of directors.....I was called within the week for reimbursement and a store credit. These guys called me 4 or 5 times a day for few days until they reached me. Obviously he sent the word out for someone to take care of this nut so he stops emailing me.
YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE JOHN DEERE PRODUCTS SOLD AT THE BIG BOX STORES ARE MADE ON THE SAME ASSEMBLY LINE AS EVERYTHING ELSE IN WI AND IN TN. AND YOU BUY THE SAME MOWERS THAT ARE AT LOWES AND HD AT A JOHN DEERE STORE. DONT POST STUFF WHEN YOU DONT KNOW

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#43 Apr 29, 2013
I agree with what you are saying.
But a lot of products today is the same, come from the same place only with a different name on it.
NOT TRUE wrote:
<quoted text> YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE JOHN DEERE PRODUCTS SOLD AT THE BIG BOX STORES ARE MADE ON THE SAME ASSEMBLY LINE AS EVERYTHING ELSE IN WI AND IN TN. AND YOU BUY THE SAME MOWERS THAT ARE AT LOWES AND HD AT A JOHN DEERE STORE. DONT POST STUFF WHEN YOU DONT KNOW
Justin

Hartland, VT

#44 May 23, 2013
This guy is a democrat posing as an easy to hate conservative. Just stirring the pot is all he's doing.
upstateNY Bob

Brockport, NY

#46 May 29, 2013
bought a husqvarna rider 16 10 years ago. They stopped selling them in the USA because they didn't LOOK like a little tractor. Still sell good in europe. super little mower. Needed a bigger one for added lawn and bought a used yazoo that a rich guy had traded in. 62" cut, mows like a dream.$1200.
DEAL! I love this mower. Ugly as sin, like the Husqvarna but keeps on tickin.
Kept the Huskie for close trimming. I'll never buy a big box cheapie.
brand names

Owensboro, KY

#47 May 29, 2013
If John Deere lets their name be used on inferior products, that alone is plenty of reason to boycott them. Aren't there any non-whore manufacturers who won't let their name be used for junk?

It's almost the same problem as Black and Decker. It used to mean quality but now means Chinese junk. Meanwhile everyone who thought it meant quality got screwed by it. It's a modern way to screw millions of people. Buy a good brand name, and use it to sell junk, till you're rich from it, and the name becomes worthless. Then throw it out and buy another good brand name.
Geepsnana

United States

#48 Jun 4, 2013
Conservative Capitalist wrote:
Are you people communists? If you can't afford a top of the line machine,get a better job with better paycheck so you can PURCHASE ONE. Secondly,I applaud companies for doing what you're complaining about. These methods raise their profits to astronomical levels. That is the business of business. Business is not there to help you from getting your feelings hurt. I hope Lowes and John Deer ignore you. Business doesn't need nor deserve the criticism.
Face up to it! These customers purchased the brand name that "has" been a quality product in past years. They paid enough money that they should have had better quality than the product they received.
Jim

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#49 Jun 21, 2013
I hope all you anti-American "conservatives" get the fullest measure of your own medicine.

What you believe in is absolutely anti-American! This idea that whatever maximizes profits is the ultimate Moral Good is foreign and anathema to the American Tradition. The American Tradition was realized in FDR's State of the Union speech in January 1944. The Economic Rights speech.

Americanism is rooted in high wages, high standard of living, domestic demand met by domestic supply as much as possible. Americanism is ETHICAL business practice! Americanism is making enough from an 8-hour day to live on. Americanism is a MORAL DIRECTIVE on how the nation's wealth is best managed for the PUBLIC GOOD.

"Conservatives" are incredible hypocrites! They worship Mammon and Molech and DARE to say, "God Bless America." God does not bless a wicked and greedy nation like America. God wants a Just and Equitable people. Do that and prosperity will take care of itself.

Anybody who is in the Top 1% are guilty of crimes against humanity. Their ill-gotten gain testifies against them daily! Nobody gets that rich by ethical or honest means.

From the Book of James in the Bible:

"Go to now, you rich men, weep and howl for the miseries that shall come on you!
Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten.
Your gold and silver is corroded. And the rust of them shall be a witness against you and shall eat your flesh as it were fire.
You have heaped treasure together for the last days. Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth.
And the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabbath."
Real American

Saratoga Springs, NY

#51 Jul 6, 2013
Proud US capitalist sounds like some envious foreigner to me. At what point did low quality become the American Capitalist ideal. American capitalism was all about quality, innovation, value, and competition. It was not about smoke and mirrors and making product XYZ look and feel like product ABC, but make it inferior in an effort to deceive or mislead.
I think I'll buy a Troy-built. At least I know what I'm getting.
Long Live The Koch

Fletcher, OH

#52 Jul 6, 2013
Who cares about quality? I don't.

Cheap products manufactured by cheap labor results in bigger dividends for the investor class.

Wall St is all that matters.

The investor class is the only class that matters in America and, in the world.
Real American

Saratoga Springs, NY

#53 Jul 6, 2013
A Koch sucker- one in every crowd.
everlost

Edgewater, MD

#54 Jul 7, 2013
This is my 2nd post on this but there seems to be a need for more.
The John Deere products sold by Lowes ans other chain retailers are not the same as the ones made by Deere. These cheaper units made elsewhere and are paying Deere for the rights to use the name on a machine looking similar to Deere. This may be fine for many average lawns, but the parts will not stand up to the work load of the real Deere version.
Deeres frame, drive train and engines are much more capible of heavy duty loads e.g. working on hills and rough terraine. Compare the difference for yourself. Look at the construction, guage of steel used, types of welds, and engines just to mention a few differences. The parts are different and not interchangable. If you are maintaining an average home for several years before your transmission fails you may be better off buying several Lowes D500s than 1 Deere X500.
Remember you will always get what you pay for. You will never get the D500 to outpreform the X500 nor present any quality test to prove it will. There are no free meals.
It may preform the workload that you need but will not come close to what the Deere can and will do when needed. That is why they cost more and why people pay the difference.
Anonymous

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Jul 10, 2013
John Deere is making JUNK the old ones and EXPENSIVE ones are good the lowes ones are total JUNK I boht one a few yrs ago from Home Depot used it a cpl times springs flew off of it it was falling aprat after a cpl hrs use I agree BEWARE
Thom

Block Island, RI

#57 Jul 13, 2013
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good opinion.
If American workers are so bad, why are so many companies returning their maufacturing operations to the US? Why are Hondas, Toyotas, Benzes, Beemers and other "foreign" brands building here? The highest-rated Toyotas and Hondas for quality invariably are the US-made ones.
The reason they've moved overseas was because of pay and regulations. Whatever you feelings on those subjects, it's not because of "lazy" American workers. Companies just prefer you think that while they ship jobs to countries where you risk your life to make shirts.
Interestingly, Chinese and other foreign companies are beginning to move OUT OF China. Have Chinese workers gotten lazy? No, they just want to be able to afford the things they're making.
Oh, and I'm glad you're so happy and proud that Lowe's can abuseits customers. Are you a shareholder, or do you just like self-abuse.
My advice: Go to Lowe's, get the name of the local dealer off that sticker and go buy a tractor from them. At least they'll know what they're talking about. They might even (heavens!) support what they sell.
Or just go to Lowe's, let them stick you where the sun don't shine, and salute the greatness of America with the hand not holding an ankle.
Deere John

Lebanon, MO

#58 Jul 13, 2013
Ones at Lowes are JUNK.
kallitlikesicit

Cabot, AR

#59 Jul 16, 2013
proud capitalist URE A DUM ---
EMC

Atlanta, GA

#60 Jul 20, 2013
Mower man wrote:
People that don't know facts need not to post. All Deere riding mower are made by Deere and always have been. If you are sceptical look at the frames and decks they are completely different than any other manufacture. All the parts are avialible from Deere dealers. Also good for you that you cried and got $250 2 years after your warranty ran out. You get what you pay for the x-series $4000-$10000 mowers have a 4 year warranty. The la100 series and d100 series are made for cheap people that can't see true quality for what it's worth. So for those of you that have those and are still running good for you maintain it and it will keep going just don't expect 20+ years like a x-series Deere mowers.
<quoted text>
Then John Deere should advertise their mowers to have a life span between 2-3 years. I have a L110 and it is an absolute piece of junk.......held together by plastic ties and JB weld. Are the competition mowers this low quality?

I don't know what my next mower will be I Know it won't be a John Deere. Too bad a good American manufacturing company like John Deere has deteriorated to such an embarrassing level. Too bad.
EMC

Atlanta, GA

#61 Jul 20, 2013
Then John Deere should advertise their mowers to have a life span between 2-3 years. I have a L110 and it is an absolute piece of junk.......held together by plastic ties and JB weld. Are the competition mowers this low quality?

I don't know what my next mower will be I Know it won't be a John Deere. Too bad a good American manufacturing company like John Deere has deteriorated to such an embarrassing level. Too bad.
Soothsayer

Nashville, TN

#63 Jul 30, 2013
Oddly I bought a 105 from Home Depot. Never got it off the trailer. It would even click let alone start. The ignition pad caved in when I put the key in the first time , the brake wouldn't hold.. had it less then an hour. Everything you buy these days is crap.
SteveW

Bel Air, MD

#64 Aug 30, 2013
The problem with that is that the local dealer ("Atlantic Tractor" in my case) is terrible. Service (sic) Department does not return calls. It costs an arm and a leg for pick-up (who can put a lawn tractor in their car?) if you can even get through to them.

The whole "local dealer" thing is a major scam supported by Lowes.

I'm looking for some one to fix my John Deere lawn tractor and beginning to think I will outlive it even though I am a senior citizen. BTW, next time will probably be a Craftsman from Sears...or a goat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
son murdered mother in early 90's (Oct '15) 9 hr Ft Wayne Native 5
Spiro Agnew (Nov '14) Aug 27 OPERATION GLADIO 11
Carriage House East Apts (Jun '13) Aug 25 The REAL Moon God... 16
Custody attorney Aug 25 Ealj1818 3
Closing of the Marion County Children's Guardia... (Apr '09) Aug 24 Iansane90 35
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Aug 3 IMHO 93
Elwood Staffing Berry Fed Arrests Obama (Feb '15) Jun '16 Free Bird 4

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages