Ebay Exodus: Why Are Thousands of Sel...
OnlineSeller

United States

#21 Jul 4, 2013
crimestoppers wrote:
It's always been a site to basically "clean out the closet". Here's what I listed:
Old Shaq jersey from when I was in high school.
Pair of Michael Jordan shoes from when I was in high school.
My wife's open box of Insanity.
A few silver dollars I've had for a while.
An autographed Julio Jones football I got from an Alabama Football Camp in 2009.
All got removed within the last 30 minutes of the listing. Bids totaled over $600 in sales. Could have helped with bills tremendously! Was told that the silver wasn't clearly marked as authentic, my jersey and shoes were not authentic and I needed to provide original receipts, my football needed an authenticity paper to be listed, and I wasn't authorized to sell Insanity online.
Within 24hrs the suspended my account indefinitely! Now I can't sell on there at all! eBay used to be a great way to make a few extra dollars cleaning out your unwanted items. Obviously they only want the big name businesses selling on there now and the Chinese sellers. It's total BS! I use Bonanza now.
Sadly, thousands of people all over the country have had bad experiences similar to yours. Sounds to me like corporate ebay is destroying the site. Colloquially expressed, "Ebay is cutting it's own throat."

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#22 Jul 5, 2013
FlawLESS wrote:
<quoted text>
You're clueless. If I list an item, and say it is size 6, I expect someone who doesn't know what a Banana Republic size 6 fits like to either message me for specific answers, or go try on a Banana Republic size 6 at the mall and see if it fits them.
The problem is people who can't think, like you. They assume that a size 6 from Walmart fits the same as a size 6 at another store.
If they were gonna make a trip to a MALL to see if a B/Republic size six item is available that fits them,(and often it's an item they no longer carry anyway, so big 'ups' to ya there, too), then why wouldn't they JUST BUY THE ITEM while they're already THERE? for a few dollars more, it's not worth running around for. THATS why.

Logic. Why is it so hard to come by these days??
TrueGether

Massapequa Park, NY

#23 Jul 6, 2013
I was wondering if you have looked at TrueGether and would consider using it.
Pontificating wrote:
There was a time when I bought and sold stuff on ebay regularly but ....

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#24 Jul 6, 2013
Looks like I nailed it. Gotcha!
LegalAspects

United States

#25 Jul 9, 2013
Ina Steiner has also written some good articles on Ecommercebytes.com about how the flawed DSR ratings system on ebay is eliminating small sellers.
ConcernedMom

United States

#26 Jul 18, 2013
A lot of churches in my area are disturbed by all of the adult material available for sale on ebay. As computer smart as kids are nowadays, I bet they can find that filth a lot more easily than ebay would have us believe.
emptyhanded

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Jul 22, 2013
I totally agree!!! I can't sell anything anymore, and it's the same exact things that other people are selling!!! I just don't understand why I can't sell my stuff.
WebSales

Paris, TX

#28 Aug 15, 2013
Ebay's latest "purge" last week of 15,000 sellers is an outrage. 15,000 sellers blocked from listing, many suspended or outright banned. Suzanne Wells broke the story at www.examiner.com and Ina Steiner followed up on it with Ebay Confirms Crackdown at EcommerceBytes.com

Since: Aug 13

Louisville, KY

#29 Aug 15, 2013
Probably had to go out and get real jobs because all the impulse buyers ran out of money.
Nora123

Vancouver, WA

#30 Sep 23, 2013
I sold and bought on ebay for many years until recently when they made changes to their feedback structure and buyer seller problems. As a seller I cannot leave any rebuttal feedback for buyers who are not honest. I made an honest mistake in one of my auctions and had a buyer just ruin me. I agreed to give her a full refund even after she used negative feedback first!!! to try to get something for nothing. She sent my fabric back and it was half of what was sent to her. I told her I would not give her a refund until she returned to rest of the fabric. Ebay refunded her anyway and tried to get the money from me. To late I had closed my account because I knew they would do that. Now I have a negative balance with paypal and no longer sell online. What a huge disappointment... I will never use ebay again and I am telling everybody what happened. Ebay does not care about it's sellers at all. Well guess what, pretty soon they won't have any sellers and then how will they make money for their shareholders?.
NetWatch

United States

#31 Oct 5, 2013
Nora123 wrote:
I sold and bought on ebay for many years until recently when they made changes to their feedback structure and buyer seller problems. As a seller I cannot leave any rebuttal feedback for buyers who are not honest. I made an honest mistake in one of my auctions and had a buyer just ruin me. I agreed to give her a full refund even after she used negative feedback first!!! to try to get something for nothing. She sent my fabric back and it was half of what was sent to her. I told her I would not give her a refund until she returned to rest of the fabric. Ebay refunded her anyway and tried to get the money from me. To late I had closed my account because I knew they would do that. Now I have a negative balance with paypal and no longer sell online. What a huge disappointment... I will never use ebay again and I am telling everybody what happened. Ebay does not care about it's sellers at all. Well guess what, pretty soon they won't have any sellers and then how will they make money for their shareholders?.
Ebay's tactics towards small sellers: In 2008 John Donahoe (CEO) made it clear he wanted to move away from a flea market operation to brand name big box retailers. With numerous policies that were enacted to eliminate small sellers (chief among these the flawed DSR system) he has been succeeding with a vengeance. 1) The DSR system adversely impacts small sellers more swiftly and egregiously then it does the favored big box and high volume retailers. 2) 15,000 small sellers were axed by ebay on August 6, 2013. 3) The automatic five-star DSR glitch/malfunction that ebay has admitted not fixing was responsible for at least some those purged getting purged because many were only out of compliance by one DSR star 3) The elimination of the policy compliance feature on the seller dashboard. If anybody thinks that was not purposefully done to hurt small sellers, I have some acreage on the moon I will sell you 4) ebay's latest user agreement update that goes into effect October 26 granting itself permission to hide sellers' listings. The majority of sellers on the ebay discussion boards think ebay has already been hiding sellers' listings 5) Ebay's numerous moves in past user agreement opt ins or opt outs to try to insulate or protect itself from class action lawsuits 6) this new managed returns issue (see new user agreement) 7) the fee hikes 8) the misuse/abuse of the DSR system to rob good decent sellers of TRS status and discounts they would get.
ebay power seller

United States

#32 Oct 5, 2013
there are amny places to find answers on this
- bad buyers- people who do not read listing and assume things, they buy and then try to scam for a refund
-costs- my ebay fees alone were over $3000 a month, I knocked my cost down to $250 a month selling on my own sites

-serious server and search glitches- items are buried, ebay is trying to save money by rotating servers which mean items don tsell if they cant all be seen and then they charge to relist what they haven't shown anyone, ebay scamming sellers
Ecommerce

Paris, TX

#34 Nov 21, 2013
ebay power seller wrote:
there are amny places to find answers on this
- bad buyers- people who do not read listing and assume things, they buy and then try to scam for a refund
-costs- my ebay fees alone were over $3000 a month, I knocked my cost down to $250 a month selling on my own sites
-serious server and search glitches- items are buried, ebay is trying to save money by rotating servers which mean items don tsell if they cant all be seen and then they charge to relist what they haven't shown anyone, ebay scamming sellers
The situation at ebay just keeps growing worse and worse for small sellers.
Analyst

United States

#35 Nov 29, 2013
Chinese sellers are overtaking ebay, flooding the site with cheap goods at rock bottom prices, undercutting and undermining American ebay sellers.
Analyst

United States

#36 Nov 29, 2013
Analyst wrote:
Now that China has entered the ebay market, thousands of Chinese sellers are flooding the place with cheap, shoddy goods being sold internationally. A high volume of worthless junk certainly won't help ebay in the long run.
"China is undercutting good US Businesses by paying reduced postage, encouraging tariffs not to be paid, and not paying any business expenses in the US other than minimal Ebay and Amazon seller’s fees. These products are often inferior and unsafe, and the companies are not required to be registered in the US in any way, pay for business licenses, and they do not have product liability in the US. Online sales sites, specifically Ebay and Amazon, turn their heads to this because they still make their fees on any sales..." from a petition on Change.org
OnlineSeller

United States

#38 Dec 2, 2013
"...Ebay focuces all it's efforts on things like hiding listings, copying others, killing off small sellers, shielding itself from lawsuits for wrongdoing, removing key transparency/visibility features, silencing critics, the laughable paypal galactic stunt, and other obviously fake PR tricks like the $492 bazillion erroneous paypal deposit (to a PR executive no less)..." quote from a blogger on an EcommerceBytes.com blog
The DP

Carson, VA

#39 Dec 6, 2013
been selling on it over 10 yrs and no sweat as of yet, any better place?
notevenclose TOOL

Denton, TX

#41 Dec 21, 2013
notevenclose are you a idiot? SEARCH FOOL! What a tool.....
THOUSANDS have left egay

Since: Nov 13

Sydney, Australia

#44 Dec 25, 2013
Don't worry, buyers are leaving eBay too ...

The ugly reality of eBay Inc.:
eBay's crooked auctions marketplace ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas
eBay Motors: Auction Fraud Galore … http://bit.ly/I2gTEU
eBay's clunky, unscrupulous "PreyPal" ... http://bit.ly/UVXx53
The ongoing joke of eBay Inc.... http://bit.ly/YvxFEg
Fun quotes from the eBay executive suite ... http://bit.ly/12xvzyA

“There’s a real push to keep doing what you’re doing because it’s working.”—John Donahoe (2007)...
Really, I can't imagine any sane person wanting to do that ... http://bit.ly/YvxFEg ...
SocialMedia

United States

#45 Dec 26, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) 13 min Speedrred 153
To the Sons of Silence MC , Indianapolis Clubhouse (Dec '13) 2 hr Jack 142
Vicki walters 4 hr Old school 1
1212 49th st 8 hr Wondering 6
Big Obamacare Lie 8 hr Latte 17
UK no EU 8 hr Latte 5
Does Brexit signal to the world that Trump will... 8 hr Latte 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages