Justices deny relief to Death Row inmate

Justices deny relief to Death Row inmate

There are 16 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Justices deny relief to Death Row inmate. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Supreme Court on Tuesday affirmed a lower court's refusal to overturn the conviction of murderer Michael Dean Overstreet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Mad Bovine

Lexington, KY

#1 Nov 28, 2007
adios michael dean overstreet. from my heart , i hope every day of the rest of your pathetic existence is miserable , scumbag. thoughts and prayers to the eckart family.
what a hoot

South Bend, IN

#2 Nov 28, 2007
why do we let scum like this have food,water and air?what right does he have to live?he probably says he found jesus and would like to be forgivin!they all do the same thing when they are locked in a cage.
Who cares

Pocono Pines, PA

#3 Nov 28, 2007
Who really cares! The problem is he should not even be in jail. He needs to be 6 feet under ground. Thats the problem with the justice system today. Why do we let so many people sit on death row for so long? Do us all a favor and clear out the death rows of America, or at least send them to Iraq to fight for their lives.
Dennis_Daviess Co

United States

#4 Nov 28, 2007
How much longer do we have to wait now before the fry him? He cost too much money to take care of. We don't need trash like that hanging around and breathing good air that could be breathing by someone that deserves to have it. My thoughts and prayer to the Eckart family.
Not PC in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Nov 28, 2007
I will bet Kelly begged for her life, now the irony is he is begging for his and getting the same response as he gave to Kelly. NO! Bye, bye Mr. Overstreet.
just my thoughts

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Nov 28, 2007
I'm all for putting the needle in this animal. Why not tomorrow?

“none”

Since: Dec 06

Pulaski County Indiana

#7 Nov 28, 2007
Who cares wrote:
Who really cares! The problem is he should not even be in jail. He needs to be 6 feet under ground. Thats the problem with the justice system today.

Why do we let so many people sit on death row for so long?

Do us all a favor and clear out the death rows of America, or at least send them to Iraq to fight for their lives.
"Why do we let so many people sit on death row for so long"?

That's very easy to explain -??
That's an example of our "Infamous Due Process of Law".
He's still entitled to his "Civil Rights" -?(excuse me -!!!)
I guess "The H*** with the victim (s), they're dead:
He's alive so let's concentrate on that newsworthy item -?(which sucks)
No portion of "The Judicial System" is concerned or liable for any expense for their comfort.
Guess who's left to bare that burden -?(that sucks too)

What good or:
What is to be gained:
By housing these people in our "Plush Resorts" (prisons-?) for such a lengthy period of time -?

Makes me wonder who, how many, and what kind of ("Kick-Backs") rewards are being offered -???
The later was just a random thought.(random my hind-end -!)
R LO

Noblesville, IN

#8 Nov 28, 2007
Let the punishment fit the crime. Overstreet should be terminated in the same manner as did Kelly. No more tax dollars to keep him alive !
ron

AOL

#9 Nov 28, 2007
why has it taken this long to carry out the courts ruling, seven years plus is too long 8558
Concerned

Mount Gilead, OH

#10 Nov 29, 2007
Die scum die!
Brandi

Bloomingdale, IL

#11 Mar 27, 2008
I worked with Overstreet just before he commited this horrible crime. Just to get my view out there....I believe he should be killed in the excact manner in which he did the crime.
Since this happened and he was arrested, I've been advid to friends about being gaurded with coworkers. As nice and genuine as someone seems there always the possiblility!!! Trust me!!!!
And as far as his "civil rights"....he GAVE THEM UP when he began the thought process that led him to doing this to her!!!
another view

Port Jervis, NY

#12 Jun 27, 2008
No human being should be denied his rights under the law. Our founding fathers fought hard and long for these freedoms and there were no exceptions; otherwise you would have people that were different, or people of a different race or color being targeted for different treatment. Gee, I wonder if that ever happens here in the U.S.? Anyway, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure you would appreciate being protected under the constitution. Oh of course you nor anyone in your family would ever commit a crime! In any event, too many innocent people have been convicted unfairly in our courts. Democracy and not hatred must be the rule of the day. Let justice be served and not our biased opinions.
Cheryl Nunn - England

Middlesbrough, UK

#13 May 14, 2009
Are we not all human beings? Are we not worth more than our worst acts? I believe Dean should be in prison for the rest of his life, which would cost your country a lot less money than keeping him on death row and clogging up your 'justice' system. I just can't agree that one murder justifies another. Killing Dean will not change anything or bring Kelly back, but only create more victims, such as his family and children. As with a number of these types of cases, there are many discrepancies in his case and trial which need to be reviewed. I'm not trying to excuse what he did in anyway but i believe that every human being has the right to life, the right to change and the right to humane treatment and Dean does not have these rights.
Roberto Argentina

Saladillo, Argentina

#14 Nov 23, 2009
Quien mata de esta manera debe morir
bpayne

Greenwood, IN

#15 Jul 17, 2010
i just think that all humans are created equal and all humans make mistakes...
No Mercy

Santa Cruz, CA

#16 Apr 23, 2011
I hope this POS gets raped every day in prison <3 <3 <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Prtesident My President 2 min Dementia is Bad f... 2
Lock Her Up 11 min Lock Him Up 12
Are you a tailgater? 7 hr yes 5
Adults making a big deal out of their birthday 8 hr Ok n curvy 7
The Reichstag Fire 8 hr Hmm 4
Trump vacations cost taxpayers $11M in a month-... Sun yes 2
Greenwoon pain management Fri yes 4

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance