Farewell to a golden era

From the cold, detached perspective of a real estate investor, it's not much: a nondescript, boarded-up, single-story building on 19 acres on the Southside. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Thanks

Circleville, OH

#1 Jun 20, 2007
Thanks for the memories gang. It'll never be the same.
I am not always serious

United States

#2 Jun 20, 2007
Now let the whining and moaning begin and as well the cries of discrimination.
subscriber

AOL

#3 Jun 20, 2007
I was on the Janie show when I was in 3rd grade.
Citizen 1

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jun 20, 2007
And the Bill Jackson show and Kindergarten College?
Old Fogie

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jun 20, 2007
Remember when ........things were a little more simple ?
viewer

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jun 20, 2007
i have fond memories of staying up late with my dad on sat nights to watch "sammy terry". it's sad that all of that is gone
Helms family Brookville

Georgetown, IN

#7 Jun 20, 2007
We grew up with TV-4 with the children enjoying the local productions & Dad watching the news with Doug. We lived & died through many years of IU basketball watching the equivalent of the "Big Red Machine, Cinti" during the greatest IU teams.
Good bye to an old friend!
Citizen 1

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jun 20, 2007
Citizen 1 wrote:
And the Bill Jackson show and Kindergarten College?
Oooops, sorry, I got the station wrong. I watched channel 4 so often that I thought everything was on it!
sacred ground

Circleville, OH

#9 Jun 20, 2007
"send your entry - or reasonable facsimilie to 3490 Bluff Road..."
It is holy ground! for lots of boomers!
trl

Decatur, IL

#10 Jun 20, 2007
channel 4 was great! sammy terry {which was a take off of cemetery }was pretty scary back then.he had a spider that would come down on a string beside him,and he would talk to the spider, then do his signature laugh!those were great days,thanks.
sniff sniff

San Francisco, CA

#11 Jun 20, 2007
Thanks for the wonderful memories, WTTV.
WIFE 1310 AM

Marysville, OH

#12 Jun 20, 2007
Too bad. I don't remember the following story when an ownership change took place at 1330 N. Meridian Street -- because it was never written:

"But to thousands of boomers who grew up in Indianapolis and spent any time at all listening to the radio, it's holy ground: The building housed the WIFE (1310 AM) studios."

Remember the disk jockey window?
cicero resident

West Chester, OH

#13 Jun 20, 2007
the many memories i will hold close,
Sammy

United States

#14 Jun 20, 2007
Gone, but not forgotten. I lived many years in Ft. Wayne, and the same thing happened there as well. And so it goes...
rty

Decatur, IL

#15 Jun 20, 2007
there was a talk show,that was on at noon every day,does anyone remember the guys name who did the show? it`s not mentioned in this article.
Dave Grey

AOL

#16 Jun 20, 2007
That was a time of my life when things were simple and pure. Their extremely "clean" form of entertainment was a genius that will never be duplicated. I'll never forget when Cowboy Bob announced my name on his show when it was my birthday. I remember hugging my Mother and bursting with glee having heard my name being said on the airways. Thank you all for having been part of my life when "watching T.V." was actually a good thing for a kid to be doing. God bless you all!!
Sammy and Cowboy Bob fan

Tucson, AZ

#17 Jun 20, 2007
Man, I was just telling my wife the other day about how I watched those guys when I was a child. Ofcourse, she couldn't really "get" it as she grew up in Tucson AZ where I now live. The real WTTV will always be missed by me.
emosig

Lafayette, IN

#18 Jun 20, 2007
Whatever happened to Happy Herb? He formerly was the broadcaster for Purdue BB games as well sponsored by Chesty Potato Chips. Can't go backward, but ahhh for simpler times!
Just me

Jeffersonville, IN

#19 Jun 20, 2007
rty wrote:
there was a talk show,that was on at noon every day,does anyone remember the guys name who did the show? it`s not mentioned in this article.
Bob Braun - I think he was out of Cincinnati.

I grew up with Janie's son. Imagine how cool it was to have parent's night in Kindergarten and have Janie show up!!
A Friend

Chicago, IL

#20 Jun 20, 2007
Am I mistaken, or wasn't Harlow Hickenlooper on channel 4, too...on Saturday mornings with the Three Sttoges Show?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fat chix 1 hr RebeccaLanefromAn... 10
Dear Black People 2 hr Simon 5
Moma s mission: More IMPD officers have heroin ... 3 hr Super Fly 1
Section 8 is gereat for minorities 6 hr Duh Ralph 2
does pepsi drug test? which type? 20 hr MrPot_Head 11
Del Taco eyes Indianapolis for 16 stores (Sep '07) 20 hr roygerbil 159
Adult Nursing Relationship In Indianapolis/Plai... (Oct '12) 22 hr rolls 2
Franklin Dating
Find my Match

Franklin Jobs