Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#45 May 3, 2013
I'm not acting like I did something above and beyond.Yes, I did what I was SUPPOSED to do. I made my way dispite the racist bastards I had to go through and around.I don't want or need your pity. My black angst, lol Lord help you if a black man starts making since. The truth is you can't own up to the fear and loathing you have for black people, Linda. I am disappointed in the lack of education and leaders of my heritage but it pisses me off when I see people like linda, acting like her kind has no part in the failures of black people. We must own our part of the blame none the less.
Bill

Indianapolis, IN

#46 May 3, 2013
The negros are their own worst enemy. They wanted freedom and equal rights but all they is get in jail or it on their lazy asses collecting government aid.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

#47 May 3, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
I'm not acting like I did something above and beyond.Yes, I did what I was SUPPOSED to do. I made my way dispite the racist bastards I had to go through and around.I don't want or need your pity. My black angst, lol Lord help you if a black man starts making since. The truth is you can't own up to the fear and loathing you have for black people, Linda. I am disappointed in the lack of education and leaders of my heritage but it pisses me off when I see people like linda, acting like her kind has no part in the failures of black people. We must own our part of the blame none the less.
Your attitude is exactly why black (or any other race) people often fail. You are still looking to blame others for errors you have made in your life. Your racist nonsense will not get you anywhere. When things don't go your way, you blame it on your blackness instead of trying to solve a problem. People get sick of hearing excuses. Those who live successful lives do so by tangible action, not self-loathing and blaming others for their troubles. The reality is that nobody worth a damn cares about your excuses or your race, they care about your tangible actions. You either have no faith in your own abilities and intellect, or you are lazy. There is no other reason for the constant blaming of others for your "hardships". Every person has obstacles in life and they either choose to deal with them or choose to complain and whine. It all comes down to the simple question of...Do you want to be a winner or a loser? So far, you have proven that you are choosing to be a loser. I hope you find your way to a more fulfilling life at some point in the future. I can promise you that blaming white people for your troubles is not the solution (as you already know).
Guy

Shelbyville, IN

#48 May 4, 2013
I see that if you post anything against the supreme commander and communist chief obama, that it gets flagged and removed.
its not rocket science

Columbia City, IN

#49 May 5, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
I raised two kids and they went to public schools. After graduating high school, both had to go to a junior college to catch up to the level of kids that were comming out of the burbs high schools. The kids, white and black, that go to public schools, are far behind those in the burbs. Go check some stats on that. I know a white girl that transferred from Fortville to Warren high school. She was so far ahead of all of her classes she is at least two years ahead of the other kids. Linda, your statement in it's self is a cop out and one standardized test for all students would prove my point. The family unit can only do its part, the rest is up to the system.
Whats that tell you about public schools, unions, bussing and the EEOC..........complete failures and excuses for failures.
It all starts at home, something the left won't touch with a 10 foot pole for fear of being politically incorrect.......so they enable stupidity and blame racism and lack of money versus common sense.
the devil loves denial

Columbia City, IN

#50 May 5, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, what started out as a potentially productive and open discussion on race, has devolved into the typical, unproductive racist rants from both sides.
While I can understand your frustrations with the quality of urban schools, your short shrifting of the role that the family life plays in whether a school is top performing or under performing is short sighted. To be honest, I don’t know what the difference in per pupil spending is between Warren and the Suburban districts, but in all honesty, there really isn’t a great correlation between per pupil spending and academic performance. Per pupil spending in South Korea and Singapore are about half of what we spend in the US, yet their academic performance far exceeds the US.
As a parent with a child in a suburban school, the expectation of the vast majority of parents is that their kid will go to college, or at the least learn a skilled trade. Parents are involved in their kid’s schools. Parent-Teacher conferences and open houses are well attended, and there is ongoing communication between parents and teachers throughout the school year. There is a level of expectation of performance in the school, and this carries over to the students who for the most part, strive to achieve. That is not to say that the suburban schools are not without problems. They deal with many of the same problems that face the inner city schools, but the problems have not reached a critical mass, where apathy and indifference rule. Can you say that there is the same level of involvement in urban schools?
Why is it that academic performance in magnet schools that serve predominantly black communities perform at levels consistent with white suburban schools? Because the parents who send their kids there are like yourself, and involved in their kids school life and constantly reinforce expectations in their kids. The kids are surrounded by other students of similar ambitions. In short, they are in an environment that fosters the desire to learn and excel.
I think your last statement:“The family unit can only do its part, the rest is up to the system.”, is telling. According to the latest national statistics, 70% of AA births are to unwed mothers compared to 25% for the white population (Indiana statistics are similar). In short, the minority family unit has been decimated, which would explain why you expect more from the “system”, ironically, the same system who’s well intentioned, but poorly executed programs have caused much of the problems. You are placing too much hope on a faceless, nameless “system” to provide for your basic needs.
I won’t lie, I don’t have all the answers, I’m not sure I have any of the answers, but I do have a few ideas. Which is, any sustained improvements in the minority community has to begin at the personal level. Once you recognize that the biggest hurdle to advancement lies between your own ears, then you will see the results.
and to think the left tarred and feathered Dan Quayle for this, but steal money through land deals, run drugs, buy votes, campaigning instead of doing your job, community organize and lobby against guns while disarming law abiding tax paying citizens and you're a bigot.......hmmmm wonder where the real problem Lies?
The enablers of racism would be nowhere and broke dick nobodies if it wasn't for their bigotry and greed and ignorant voters.

Location hidden

#51 May 6, 2013
Man, you can cry it's a black thing all you wanna, Today's youth are the lazyest, disrespectful and think they have to work less and be entitled to so much more. When you buy your kids everything to make up for you working all the time or for being an absent parent in general. Linda, all of those things you say about black folk being predisposed to violence, is just a cover for your fears, baby. Soon time will come for you to get so slow they put you in a home,,, guess who works there.Some black or hispanic will be wiping your ass and I bet you won't spitting them stats then. You best hope they don't read forum. Black ankst,,,tee hee
Jack

Indianapolis, IN

#52 May 13, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
Man, you can cry it's a black thing all you wanna, Today's youth are the lazyest, disrespectful and think they have to work less and be entitled to so much more. When you buy your kids everything to make up for you working all the time or for being an absent parent in general. Linda, all of those things you say about black folk being predisposed to violence, is just a cover for your fears, baby. Soon time will come for you to get so slow they put you in a home,,, guess who works there.Some black or hispanic will be wiping your ass and I bet you won't spitting them stats then. You best hope they don't read forum. Black ankst,,,tee hee
BMI...now there you go...stereotyping today's young adults as lazy and disrepectful? Aren't you doing the same thing that you are accusing others of doing against blacks? And i'm not pointing this out as a "gotcha" moment, more of a self awaremess exercise that we can all benefit from.

And for the record, I would happen to agree with your sentiments about today's young adults. As a mid level professional white collar worker, I see many of these brats that are two years out of school and think they are entitled to managerial promotions with six figure salaries. Personally, I think this is for many of the reasons you cited above. But also, kids getting trophies for just showing up. Helicopter parents who don't let their kids suffer the consequences for their actions and over indulgence.

But i've also worked a great number of young kids out of school that are smart and very hardworking; and coached kids that were hardworking and respectful.

We've become so ingrained that stereotypes are bad, but are they really? All a stereotype is is an observation that certain demographic (whether it is racial, religious, age, gender, sexual orientation,political leanings, ethnic group...etc) groups exhibit particular behaviors and ideas. The problem with stereotypes are that while they may be accurate when looking at the population as a whole, they are frequently wrong when looking at individuals. Stereotypes can also be bad when people use them to solely argue their points.

The funny thing BMI is that many on here would probably characterize both of us as racists for our positions. But based on your posts and mine, we probably agree on far more than we disagree on. If we were next door neighbors, we would probably be good friends.

Location hidden

#53 May 13, 2013
Actually jack, I read an article and later seen it on the morning news. A study was done somewhere that reported what I posted. You have a point about stereotyping and I agree their are still hard working kids in America today. You got me jack, I'm man enough to admit it. I would give ya my old man speech just to get a chuckle out of you, but these people would eat me alive for being politically incorrect.
Jack

Vienna, VA

#54 May 13, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
Actually jack, I read an article and later seen it on the morning news. A study was done somewhere that reported what I posted. You have a point about stereotyping and I agree their are still hard working kids in America today. You got me jack, I'm man enough to admit it. I would give ya my old man speech just to get a chuckle out of you, but these people would eat me alive for being politically incorrect.
Hey...I appreciate the sentiments and I'm glad you took my words for what they were. As you figured out, I was just trying to demonstrate that we are all guilty of the same "sins" and if we can admit that, we are at least one step closer to finding common ground. Maybe I'm a bit naive, but I think at the personal level we all just want to get along. Unfortunately, at times of anger and frustrations we allow our bigotries to rear their ugly heads.
My position has always been I don't care what my next door neighbor's race, religion, ethnicity..etc is, so long as they are considerate and don't cause my property values to go down. And if we can also share a few laughs...have a few drinks and break bread from time to time....well then that's the perfect situation.
Really_

United States

#55 May 16, 2013
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
<quoted text>
All blacks are not bad, but you are much more likely to be assaulted and/or killed by a black person. They are predisposed to violent crime. Until there is proof to the contrary and the race as a whole becomes less violent, I will remain skeptical of unknown black people moreso than unknown whites. You call it racism. I call it common sense.
Somebody is stuck in the 50's. I knew there were stupid ignorant whites but you take the cake lady!

I am white and my spidey sense goes up only when a group of what I consider gang bangers are approaching me.

Wrong. Perhaps. But, I don't give a shit what their nationality is but what I factor in is how they act.
Guy

Indianapolis, IN

#56 May 16, 2013
Obama would be happy wearing a hoodie, carrying Skittles and a tea. Of course if Obama had a son, he "would look like Trayvon Martin". But Obama is too busy rewarding the ghetto rats and welfare trolls. This is our America.

Location hidden

#57 May 17, 2013
Sorry Linda, you call it common since, I call it fear. Skeptical of unknown black people. I'm skeptical of anyone that prejudges people.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

#59 May 17, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
Sorry Linda, you call it common since, I call it fear. Skeptical of unknown black people. I'm skeptical of anyone that prejudges people.
Do you read the newspapers? Do you read the articles about local crime? If you do and you form an opinion based off of facts, you would understand and agree with what I am saying. However, you choose to ignore the facts and hurl insults and unjustified accusations against me. It is well within your right to do so, but it verifies that you are an ignorant fool.
Jack

Indianapolis, IN

#60 May 17, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
BMI...Linda is not wrong in her feelings. I will admit that she may not be expressing her feelings in the most eloquent manner, but that shouldn't invalidate her fears. Crime statistics would suggest a level of caution is warranted. I know some of her comments may come off as sounding racist, but I don't think she is a racist, she has bigotries and prejudices just like all of us.

Let me pose two scenarios to you. If you're walking down the street and see people who you suspect are gang members walking towards you, would you make a conscious effort to avoid them? If so, why is that different than what Linda is saying?

Or if you're walking down the street or in the mall and you see a gang of white guys with shaved heads and tattos, wearing Doc Martin boots....are you going to make a conscious effort to avoid contact?

I'm guessing your answer would be yes to both scenarios, because I know I would avoid both groups too? Does that mean that all blacks who dress like gang members are gang members, or that all white people with shaved heads, tattoos and Doc Martins are White Supremists? NO....but why chance it?

Countless psychological studies have confirmed that humans have less trust in things that are different and unfamiliar. We are hardwired for this and it is obviously an evolved survival instinct. We just have to stop getting indignant over every perceived sleight as something bigger than it really is.

The majority of whites are equally frustrated with the state of many minority communities. Do you actually think that the majority of whites like and wish to maintain the status quo? Do you really think that if we could wave a magic wand, we wouldn't wish for a completely integrated society, where all ethnic and racial groups had similar economic demographics?

What all too often is nothing more than frustration and bigotries are characterized as racism. This doesn't help the discussion, nor does offer any hope of resolving the serious issues we face.

Location hidden

#61 May 17, 2013
Jack, I wasn't talking about a gang of any kind. Read my first post of this thread and you will find I am describing an old black man in a hoodie. I'm 5 foot eight and I drive a work truck. I agree that pants dragging the ground or trying to look like you are a thug invites stereotyping. I don't have twenty inch wheels on my truck nor do I dress like a thug. If you are intimidated by me,,, fear has consumed you.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

#62 May 17, 2013
I still do not understand how avoiding unknown strange men (of any color) is a bad idea. None of your bogus accusations will convince me otherwise. When out and about, each situation is treated on its own. I am less likely to be apprehensive when with men or with a large group. There IS safety in numbers to some extent.

I am just saying all things equal and I see a person who looks shifty, I am going to make an effort to remove myself from that situation and avoid interaction. That person may be black, may be white, or may be hispanic. It doesn't matter. I will avoid him. Now, statistically speaking, a black peson is more likely than a white person (or any other race) to commit a violent crime in this and pretty much any other major city. That has nothing to do wtih racism and everything to do with fact patterns and crime logs. If you are not a crimial good for you. Most black people are genuinely good people, but there are a higher percentage that are not when compared to other races. That is the entire point. Nothing you can say will change it. You can go back to trying to justify it or blame it on other variables, but that will not change the fact pattern.
Jack

Vienna, VA

#63 May 19, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
Jack, I wasn't talking about a gang of any kind. Read my first post of this thread and you will find I am describing an old black man in a hoodie. I'm 5 foot eight and I drive a work truck. I agree that pants dragging the ground or trying to look like you are a thug invites stereotyping. I don't have twenty inch wheels on my truck nor do I dress like a thug. If you are intimidated by me,,, fear has consumed you.
BMI...this discussion is going on four pages now and has taken on a life of its own...and for the most part has been interesting. In all honesty, I don't think the original forum topic was ever directed at "Fred Sanford" wearing a hoodie (which btw...i like your avatar, but I do understand your point.

Location hidden

#64 May 19, 2013
Most black people are genuinely good people! What total contradiction to everything you have said on this thread. Next thing you'll say is that you have,, a,, black friend. Linda, you don't know enough about the black angst (as you put it) to even have an opinion. How could someone who cries so much about uninformed people be so incompetent on this subject and be so sure of yourself?
You cannot spend your entire life being intimidated and running away from your fears. Look people in the eye and stand your ground instead of running the other direction. Don't let your fears close your heart off to people.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

#65 May 20, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
Most black people are genuinely good people! What total contradiction to everything you have said on this thread. Next thing you'll say is that you have,, a,, black friend. Linda, you don't know enough about the black angst (as you put it) to even have an opinion. How could someone who cries so much about uninformed people be so incompetent on this subject and be so sure of yourself?
You cannot spend your entire life being intimidated and running away from your fears. Look people in the eye and stand your ground instead of running the other direction. Don't let your fears close your heart off to people.
You have absolutely no ability to comprehend statistics and probability. If you did, you would understand my point. I guess you are one of the blacks with the low IQ I spoke about earlier.

If 51% of blacks are decent and hardworking, that could be considered "most". That still means there are 49% that are scumbags. My guess is that the number of honest and hardworking blacks is over 50%, but 51% is still failing if you were to assign a grade.

Being informed does not equate to being in fear. I guess stupid people need to deflect their deficiencies in some way, though. I don't think you are intelligent enough to understand any of this, so there is little point in continuing the discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 6 hr Learn to Read 298
K-mart's shutting down 19 hr Steve 16
I'm so glad I'm white 19 hr bud 4
10th st Wed Stevie 1
Push to populate abandoned homes Wed Guffaw 2
Pity the mayor Wed Chuckie 1
Indianapolis native Ron Klain will lead U.S. Eb... Wed White Rules 1
Franklin Dating
Find my Match

Franklin Jobs