Roselyn Bakery cookbook

Posted in the Franklin Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
curious

Lafayette, TN

#1 Oct 20, 2009
I lived in Indy until 1978. My parents moved us to Tennessee. I used to love Roselyn Bakery and was doing a search on the Internet. I saw that there was a cookbook that came out after the bakeries closed. Does anyone have one they are willing to sell? I've tried e-bay but I didn't have any luck.

Thanks!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 20, 2009
curious wrote:
I lived in Indy until 1978. My parents moved us to Tennessee. I used to love Roselyn Bakery and was doing a search on the Internet. I saw that there was a cookbook that came out after the bakeries closed. Does anyone have one they are willing to sell? I've tried e-bay but I didn't have any luck.
Thanks!
Found this on amazon.com !

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_3_7...
curious

Lafayette, TN

#3 Oct 20, 2009
Thanks! Wow, now that's a nice price for a cookbook!~ Ha-Ha! Anybody have one for less?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 20, 2009
curious wrote:
Thanks! Wow, now that's a nice price for a cookbook!~ Ha-Ha! Anybody have one for less?
Well, I think there still is one of the original recipe books floating around somewhere from the 30th & Keystone plant. You know.....the Roselyn's 'secret' recipes that contained the mice feces & roach particles garnish. Yum Yum!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Oct 20, 2009
In later years the recipes simplified. Half stick of butter, 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of flour, a tablespoon of rat droppings and a pinch of cockroach.

To this day I can't believe they were so stupid as to not keep their bakery clean.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Oct 20, 2009
I could really go for a dozen of those pineapple danish rolls right now...
IndyRaceGirl48

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Oct 20, 2009
curious wrote:
Thanks!
I worked at Marsh Supermarket until 2007. they sold them there. I think it was a seasonal thing. Not sure if they still sell them but I would give them a call and see
curious

Lafayette, TN

#8 Oct 21, 2009
I read on the Internet about the numerous inspection failures. Such a shame to let something go to pot like that. They were an awesome bakery back in the 70's. Of course, I was a kid then so I wasn't looking for health violations. It could have been going on then for all I know.
rhonda

United States

#9 Dec 5, 2010
I would love the recipe for their whipped cream cake (white) and their cowboy cookies. Can anyone post this for me please?
Rodney

United States

#10 Dec 7, 2010
I loved Roselyn Bakery too as a child. I really felt kind of betrayed when their dirty secrets were exposed. What a shame.
buttermilk jumbles

Circleville, OH

#11 Dec 7, 2010
http://gigabitwarez.com/dl/roselyn+s+bakery+c...

sez itsa free download of the book; caveat emptor.
buttermilk jumbles

Circleville, OH

#12 Dec 7, 2010
none of the grocery store crap is any good. not fresh, sad.
Morris

Marysville, OH

#13 Dec 7, 2010
Ask Mayor Ballard. Old lard ass knows a thing or two about donuts and dirt.
Linda

Marietta, GA

#14 Jun 4, 2011
I sent my brother a sympathy card when they went out of business, I loved there Easter goodies and Boston cream pie!
tobie

Anderson, IN

#15 Oct 16, 2011
curious wrote:
Thanks!

I just saw three of the cookbooks on ebay
The Impressive Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Oct 18, 2011
Does the recipie come with cockroaches also? I think soe bugs in the flour akes for a nice crunchy flavor and texture of protein.
Season in the toilet

Bedford, IN

#17 Oct 18, 2011
I know people who were involved with the investigation... one told me that the floors were so disgusting he left his shoes there because he didn't want them in his car.
Mawmaw

United States

#18 Nov 14, 2011
I'm looking for a Roselyn cookbook to buy
2Bad

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Nov 14, 2011
Season in the toilet wrote:
I know people who were involved with the investigation... one told me that the floors were so disgusting he left his shoes there because he didn't want them in his car.
...why keep posting the same thing? Several people posting about the bugs and such doesn't bear any resolve.
Sally Dee

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Nov 27, 2011
Can anyone tell me where I can get the recipe for Roselyn Bakery Cream Horns? They were my favorite & I've been craving them. The cookbook is expensive, & I can't afford it now. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelton Figley anyone know him? 7 hr freak show 39
News Hogsett proposes free or reduced-cost housing f... 14 hr Wish 1
roger wethington 18 hr little lady 5
Sara Callon snitch (Feb '15) 20 hr Babymomma317 3
Another local Business goes to China Fri PC_KID 1
News Dog flu reaching epidemic levels in Chicagoland... Fri Wish 1
News Dry out that basement fast, or risk costly mold... Fri right 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages