Electronics Laboratories Inc.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tank

AOL

#21 Feb 12, 2012
i know where your talking about skydiv4 bit the zipcode aint 30264 if its in newnan the zipcode is 30263
tank

AOL

#22 Feb 12, 2012
but*
tank

AOL

#23 Feb 12, 2012
yes it is a scam one clue is the zipcode its what i said it is i know cause thats my hometown born and raised there
William Franks

Corinth, MS

#24 Jan 24, 2013
I sent my money to them and never heard anything from them.

DO NOT SEND THIS COMPANY ANY MONEY!!
dphoms

Marietta, GA

#25 Feb 4, 2013
I'm glad i read this too, thanks guys. Do anyone know of any legit home business?
JMC

Davison, MI

#26 Feb 20, 2013
Has anyone filed a claim with the better business bureau in GA.. Looks like they need a visit from the FBI for fraud.
stevenkj

Sioux Falls, SD

#27 Apr 3, 2013
Here's my log:
--Nov 24, 2012 -- Ordered evaluation online for $19.

--Nov 29, 2012 -- Received the handfull of components and no circuit board. Send check for the remaining $29.90.

--Dec 12, 2012 -- Received circuit board and
assembly instructions. Assembled in about 20 minutes.

--Dec 13, 2012 -- Mailed completed board back to them.

--Dec 31, 2012 -- Received letter indicating some restisters and diodes weren't flush with the board and that the ic chip overheated - the board tested just fine before I sent it back to them.

--Jan 1, 2013 -- Mailed back to them that I'd like to try again and asked if there is any other way to correspond with them other than snail-mail.

--Jan 17, 2013 -- Received another kit and assembled it. Took video of successful test and took pictures of the completed board.

--Jan 18, 2013 -- Mailed the completed board back to them.

--Feb 1, 2013 -- Received note from them saying rosin should be cleaned from the board AND the IC chip overheated causing the board not to work.

--Feb 4, 2013 -- Mailed back to them that I'd like to try again and again asked if there is any other way to correspond with them.

--Feb16, 2013 -- Received another kit and assembled it. Took care to clean all rosin from the board. Took video of successful test and took pictures of the completed board.

--Feb 21, 2013 -- Mailed the completed board back to them. Haven't heard from them since.
stevenkj

Sioux Falls, SD

#28 May 4, 2013
Follow up:
--Apr 9, 2013 -- Submitted a complaint with SD Office of Attorney General just to see if there is anything they can help with.

--Apr 11, 2013 -- Received confirmation letter from the SD ATG saying they have forwarded my complaint to Elec Labs and that they have 20 days to respond.

--May 2, 2013 -- Received a check from EL for $36.15 and the stub said "BOARD DO NOT WORK, IC CHIP OVERHEATED." and "spaces between soldering joints should be clean and free from flux." This was apparently referring to the last board that sent back in working order and totally free of any residual flux.

--May 3, 2013 -- Received letter from SD ATG referring to a letter they received from Stan Kanafoski at Elec Labs. His letter to The SD ATG stated:
"We do not agree with mr Jones account of the facts. This is our long standing policy to refund money to dissatisfied customer regardless of nature of their complaint. I wish in this case Mr. Jones communicated his concerns directly to me. Mr. Jones's money was refunded as of today. We can only hope that he will send all of our materials back to us."

--"We do not agree with mr Jones account of the facts." I have photos and video of the working boards that were sent to them to support my "facts".

--"This is our long standing policy to refund money to dissatisfied customer regardless of nature of their complaint." Not sure where this policy is mentioned, not on their web page, nor in the assembly instructions sent with the first kit.

--"I wish in this case Mr. Jones communicated his concerns directly to me." They provide no vehicle for direct communications as they never responded to a single question I sent them with either the completed kits or the requests for another kit.

--"Mr. Jones's money was refunded as of today." Not sure of his math, the initial investement to play their game was $48.90. His refund check is $36.15. I guess that $12.75 is for his pain and suffering.

--"We can only hope that he will send all of our materials back to us." What materials, do they want the 3 assembly instruction sheets of paper back...?

So, I think this pretty much completes my trial with those jokers. Thanks for reading.
Diddy

Lorain, OH

#29 Jun 17, 2013
Thank you so much for this information, I was about to send in for this.
RcnRnvst

Aurora, CO

#30 Jul 6, 2013
Thanks everyone. I was pretty happy when I received a letter from them but come to this page when first they wanted $50 then there was no phone number to call anyone and then the icing on the cake is not being able to Google map them. These f'n people I hope choke on chicken bones.
Thanks again!
zalloy

Stonington, CT

#31 Sep 24, 2013
Well, I was actually considering this company as an option for work from home, but the comments I've read here have made me think they sound like a scam.

Maybe it's just me, but so far it sounds like they ask people to pay $49 for a kit, the kit may or may not contain all the parts needed to complete the circuit board assembly, and some of the supplied parts may be incorrect as well. In the end, they never approve anything, and nobody gets paid.

I thought something like this would be good for me, as I am a certified Electronics Technician with many years of experience soldering and testing electronics.

However, if they're not holding up their end of the bargain by supplying all the required parts, and paying people for their work, then forget it. I don't need headaches like this.
cgm

Camden, NJ

#32 Feb 25, 2014
Wow!!!
I am an engineer...so happy to do my research before I sent a penny.
Thank you guys. I will continue my search to find something legit...
Good luck to you all...
Mike

Moultrie, GA

#34 Aug 7, 2014
Has anyone thought about sending a cheap gps tracker, like the ones used in scavenger hunts to find out where this "company " is located?
Assembler

Brandon, FL

#35 Aug 23, 2014
skydiv4 wrote:
Finally got my board to assemble few weeks ago, finished the board and sent it back little over a week ago waiting on response one way or the other,so if it turns out really legit ill have to say i will enjoy the work....address is P.O. Box 2308, Newnan GA 30264
I have a question. Would happen to have the diagram. My location was being remodeled and lost it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deputies Smith and Sepanski murder handcuffed m... Thu Left hand Pete 7
Producer Ryan Snow...Narcissistic Predator (Dec '14) Jun 15 Laidback 6
News SUN VALLEY BEACH DROWNING: Sun Valley Beach dro... (May '08) Jun 13 raymond 145
News My Two Cents--June 16, 2016 Jun 12 Eric 1
Violet Esteppe (Jul '10) Jun 7 TacMed 26
News Dawson Street Christian School opens in Newnan (Sep '13) Jun 7 Charles 13
ISIS in Griffin Jun 6 MrPoon 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklin Mortgages