Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#9855 Sep 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell, how many "professions" are not for profit?
Back when I was a youngster--probably around your age, medical care was not even an issue. It was the cheapest benefit your employer provided. So what happened?
Several things took place between then and now. First off is unions were booming. They forced companies to pay people doing complete idiot work supreme money and benefits. It was not that uncommon for an uneducated non-professionals to make $40,000 to $50,000 per year and over in some cases. The problem is that medical professionals were not making that much more. It was not worth their time and investment to spend the best years of their lives in school only to come out years in debt. Screw it. Get a job at GM, UPS, the steel mills or some other high paying job.
Next of course is out government systems that began to pay less and less to providers. In order to recoup that lost money, fees increased on the non-government patients which drove up prices even more.
Everybody gets treatment in the US. That's the way its been since Reagan's day. So people with no money walk into ER's for whatever, and walk out paying nothing towards their treatment. Again, facilities have to recoup that money somewhere else.
Next is our wonderful friends the trial lawyers. These ambulance chasers upped the cost of healthcare whether they won a case or not. This led to huge increases in malpractice insurance which we indirectly pay.
Last but not least is our wonderful advancements in medical technology. Newest machines, drugs, surgery procedures that all cost money.
These are the differences between medical costs 35 years ago and medical costs today.
I never said that a profession wasn't "for profit." Having a profession is more than about profiting. You folks wouldn't understand that because the idea of doing something for the mere reason of helping someone else is obviously completely foreign to you.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#9856 Sep 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell, how many "professions" are not for profit?
Back when I was a youngster--probably around your age, medical care was not even an issue. It was the cheapest benefit your employer provided. So what happened?
Several things took place between then and now. First off is unions were booming. They forced companies to pay people doing complete idiot work supreme money and benefits. It was not that uncommon for an uneducated non-professionals to make $40,000 to $50,000 per year and over in some cases. The problem is that medical professionals were not making that much more. It was not worth their time and investment to spend the best years of their lives in school only to come out years in debt. Screw it. Get a job at GM, UPS, the steel mills or some other high paying job.
Next of course is out government systems that began to pay less and less to providers. In order to recoup that lost money, fees increased on the non-government patients which drove up prices even more.
Everybody gets treatment in the US. That's the way its been since Reagan's day. So people with no money walk into ER's for whatever, and walk out paying nothing towards their treatment. Again, facilities have to recoup that money somewhere else.
Next is our wonderful friends the trial lawyers. These ambulance chasers upped the cost of healthcare whether they won a case or not. This led to huge increases in malpractice insurance which we indirectly pay.
Last but not least is our wonderful advancements in medical technology. Newest machines, drugs, surgery procedures that all cost money.
These are the differences between medical costs 35 years ago and medical costs today.
It's funny seeing you describe what you do as "idiot work."
Free Market Capitalist

Perrysburg, OH

#9857 Sep 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that a profession wasn't "for profit." Having a profession is more than about profiting. You folks wouldn't understand that because the idea of doing something for the mere reason of helping someone else is obviously completely foreign to you.
Sure, none of us here, with the exception of you, have ever helped anybody. Shame on us!

Profit is the main thing that keeps professionals professional. If a professional isn't doing his job properly or up to the standards that the market is demanding, he/she will be forced out of the market and the professional will no longer be receiving income from his/her profession. Therefore, because of this, it is in the best interest of the professional to produce quality work. Also, there is competition involved also, as other professionals are competing against each other for clients or employers. It is not enough to say that professionals need to care about their work or how it effects people, because this is based on the perceptions of individuals and is relative. It is better to also have an outside force that will weed out the chaff and this force is the free market where those that produce better results are justly rewarded with more profit and those that aren't will not and fade away.

It would be great if everyone did things for the benefit of their neighbor, but this is not realistic and, for the most part, not human nature.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#9858 Sep 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. This is why you said lawyers were more generous with their talents than medical doctors. You're such an expert. LOL!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#9859 Sep 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny seeing you describe what you do as "idiot work."
My job isn't, but there were many that were.

I remember back in my teen years when I was in a band. Our other guitarist was older than I was and he worked at the steel mills. One summer day, he asked if I wanted to take a ride. He was getting his paycheck from work, so I went along. I've always seen the mills from the outside, but was never in them, so it was interesting.

On the way there, we got into a conversation about the mills and I knew he worked on the trains. So I asked him what he did exactly. He told me he was a fireman. My first thought is his job was to contain fires in the event something went wrong. But he further explained that a fireman shovels coal into the train engine to make it run. Confused, I asked "they don't have trains like that anymore, do they?" He replied "No they don't, but the union says you have to have a fireman on each train" and he broke out in a maniacal laugh.

Those good old American unions for you. They created a job for a person to get paid top dollar for riding around on trains all day doing absolutely nothing. As we know, that steel company went out of business many years ago. What a surprise!
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#9861 Sep 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They write this story like the polls were actually conducted equally.
So sayeth the man who said the polls were incorrect because he thought they didn't call cell phones.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#9862 Sep 28, 2012
Free Market Capitalist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that, but our senior citizens, most of whom live on fixed incomes, are being robbed blind. Inflation is eroding their purchasing power and they can't earn diddly squat for interest.
They are part of the problem. Among the 47% that are deadbeats, dependents.

Mittens will fix em...and fix em good.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#9863 Sep 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, the nonfarms payroll does not include individuals who have stopped looking for work. If these people, which are in the millions, were included, the nonfarms payroll data and unemployment rate would be much higher than what is actually stated. Now, I am not suggesting that the Obama regime is behind this reporting, but this is how the numbers have been done for years. However, I believe Obama knows that the unempployment rate is much higher than stated and is lying when he speaks about the millions of jobs he has created.
Well einstein, you've just admitted the fallacy in your own argument...its always been done that way.

If suddenly the criteria being used as a measuring stick were changed in relation to how the numbers were previously crunched, you might have something there, but that's not the case.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#9864 Sep 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Remember when he went to the UN, not congress, to go into Libya. Remember when the administration referred to the operations being conducted there as "limited kinetic action"
Remember:
Acting alone while Congress was away on recess, solely at the command of the United Nations and without constitutional authority, Barack Obama dropped over $70 million worth of Tomahawk missiles on Libya -- a dictatorial maneuver to force a regime change in a foreign land.
How has the regime change in Liby and Egypt been working so far?
Not only that but he has expanded our presence into Africa, as well.
Of course, how quickly we forget.
Only time will tell how things will evolve in Libya or Egypt.

You act as if democracy is something that pops out the rear end of a hen, and all you have to do is wait a few days for it to hatch.

woof

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9865 Sep 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You act as if democracy is something that pops out the rear end of a hen, and all you have to do is wait a few days for it to hatch.
woof
right now Libya & Egypt showing Democracy its lacking a Republic Right now because Democracy alone doesnt work.

Republic vs Democracy

D pants

United States

#9866 Sep 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Or pray for it.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Yack.
D pants

United States

#9867 Sep 28, 2012
D pants

United States

#9868 Sep 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
They are part of the problem. Among the 47% that are deadbeats, dependents.
Mittens will fix em...and fix em good.
woof
http://m.thewesterlysun.com/mobile/news/lette...
I don't support romney but just in case you're trying t0 defend obama. Btw the mittens thing is dumb and not original. Rachel maddow sucks you should idolize someone else.

Location hidden

#9869 Sep 28, 2012
Democrats Continue to Boost U.S. Economic Confidence

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157502/democrats-c...
D pants

United States

#9870 Sep 28, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Democrats Continue to Boost U.S. Economic Confidence
http://www.gallup.com/poll/157502/democrats-c...
took em all year. Better late than never. Ready for quantitative easing aka induced inflation? Wall street lobbyist cabinet anybody?

Location hidden

#9871 Sep 28, 2012
D pants wrote:
<quoted text>took em all year. Better late than never. Ready for quantitative easing aka induced inflation? Wall street lobbyist cabinet anybody?
I see inflation coming too.
D-pants

United States

#9872 Sep 28, 2012
Here's a great example of the democracy we export to middle eastren countries who are no threat to us.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/02/health/rese...
D-pants

United States

#9873 Sep 28, 2012
That we will be exporting.
D-pants

United States

#9874 Sep 28, 2012
And lets not forget how well democracy has worked here. With bush we got the patriot act. Now usa citizens can be detained as enemy combatants. Obama adds legislation that allows us to be killed as enemy combatants. Its not very clear how it is determined who and enemy combatant is or how somebody is classified as. There are pending lawsuits over this.
Free Market Capitalist

Perrysburg, OH

#9875 Sep 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well einstein, you've just admitted the fallacy in your own argument...its always been done that way.
If suddenly the criteria being used as a measuring stick were changed in relation to how the numbers were previously crunched, you might have something there, but that's not the case.
woof
Dumb sh*t.

Obama has claimed to creat all these jobs, but he really hasn't. The data is skewed because of how it is calculated. It doesn't include the population that is no longer seeking work, those that have given up. When you quoted my post, you left out some of it. You idiot, you moron. If you were to actually include the millions of people who have given up, the unemployment rate is much, much higher than stated. Obama is a liar when he brags about his jobs record.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Furnace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
theif 4 hr Someone368 2
Stapeltons busted again 9 hr Justice 15
pregnant 14 hr Someone368 5
bed bugs..@..the school 20 hr Bobcat momma 8
Teresa Syzemore Thu IKNOWWHATYOUDID 1
Green Camaro Thu Kasey 2
green high school is a joke Apr 14 Tired 11
More from around the web

Franklin Furnace People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE