Band Director Should be Fired?

Posted in the Franklin Furnace Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Concerned

Ironton, OH

#1 Feb 28, 2013
So should Band director be fired for his actions this past weekend at Marshall?
He left teenagers alone while he took some back to his house... He took pics of himself holding objects that were out of line..(sexual) I think he should be fired. They escorted him off school property....
who knew

Ironton, OH

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Where's the pics and who did he take home with him my kid is in the band?
4Real

Ironton, OH

#3 Feb 28, 2013
a band kid took the pic at his house in huntington where he took them when he left the other kids at hotel.. He was holding a sex object and had kids take his picture! I have seen the pic.. He was escorted off school property and was not there today! This was this past weekend when they went to marshal honor band..
What

Ironton, OH

#4 Feb 28, 2013
4Real wrote:
a band kid took the pic at his house in huntington where he took them when he left the other kids at hotel.. He was holding a sex object and had kids take his picture! I have seen the pic.. He was escorted off school property and was not there today! This was this past weekend when they went to marshal honor band..
Got a room for the occasion then went to his house with some of the kids and didn't invite the others? How ugly was your kid to not get invited? I see why you're upset... Brings back memories for you huh? I guess the furnace is too far to drive from Huntington in a day and that's why they got the room... I continue to guess you are right and he should've had all the kids stay at his place since he already lived in Huntington. So you seen the pic? Ever hear of Photoshop? Anyway, who can take you serious when you can even spell Marshall? I hadn't heard of this and not taking up for him but you sound like you have a vendetta.
Vendetta

Ashland, KY

#5 Mar 1, 2013
From what I understand there were 8 kids at the hotel with 2 chaperones that knew in advance that he had to leave to get his keys at his new house. He asked all the kids if any of them wanted to go with him, only 2 wanted to go. This sex object is a swing that he didnít know was there and was put there as a joke. My understanding is one of the kids took the picture and passed it around. As far as leaving kids alone, they were never alone. There is a mother with a vendetta against the band director because her child is going on a cruise and not going to ratings, and because ratings is part of your grade is getting a failing grade because of it. From what Iíve heard she is the one creating the most stink, and is probably the author of this thread.
watcher

Alexandria, VA

#6 Mar 2, 2013
Vendetta wrote:
From what I understand there were 8 kids at the hotel with 2 chaperones that knew in advance that he had to leave to get his keys at his new house. He asked all the kids if any of them wanted to go with him, only 2 wanted to go. This sex object is a swing that he didnít know was there and was put there as a joke. My understanding is one of the kids took the picture and passed it around. As far as leaving kids alone, they were never alone. There is a mother with a vendetta against the band director because her child is going on a cruise and not going to ratings, and because ratings is part of your grade is getting a failing grade because of it. From what Iíve heard she is the one creating the most stink, and is probably the author of this thread.
When did it become acceptable for teachers to have students in their personal vehicle?
Vendetta

Ashland, KY

#7 Mar 2, 2013
watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
When did it become acceptable for teachers to have students in their personal vehicle?
I had to stay after school to make up work and the teacher took me home no big deal, Iíve had coaches take me home after games again no big deal, and thatís been years ago. I did learned more details he didn't ask any of the kids to go, 2 students bugged him about going and he finally gave in, I guess he is guilty of giving in. Just wanted to add that the keys he was picking up was to his new house. This was the first time he had been in it since the last tenants moved out, so he had no idea of the swing that was left. I'm not condoning his actions nor aim I supporting them, just trying to get the facts.
Really

Ironton, OH

#8 Mar 2, 2013
I cant belive a childs grade is worth doing this to someones life......
odd

Atlanta, GA

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Teachers having students in their personal vehicle is ok?
How about texting students?
Really

Ironton, OH

#10 Mar 2, 2013
Sounds like the witch hunt is on!!!
winner

Coraopolis, PA

#11 Mar 2, 2013
It's not like he showed them anything they haven't seen before . If ur kid has a computer or iPhone, they've seen it all. Don't kid yourself mama
Concerned parent

Ashland, KY

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Why hasn't the police been called? This is illegal?
Vendetta

Ashland, KY

#13 Mar 2, 2013
Concerned parent wrote:
Why hasn't the police been called? This is illegal?
What illegal act has he done?????
Vendetta

Ashland, KY

#14 Mar 2, 2013
Really wrote:
I cant belive a childs grade is worth doing this to someones life......
If you knew her you would understand, she doesn't care about anyone, just to make everyone believe she is in the right
band mom

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Mar 2, 2013
Mr. Phillips is a wonderful teacher who cares alot about the students and our school. He was just getting his keys to his new home. There were adults there too! This was an innocent thing turned into something its not. I appreciate everything thus young has done for our band....
puzzled

United States

#16 Mar 3, 2013
band mom wrote:
Mr. Phillips is a wonderful teacher who cares alot about the students and our school. He was just getting his keys to his new home. There were adults there too! This was an innocent thing turned into something its not. I appreciate everything thus young has done for our band....
Do you not see ANYTHING wrong with ANY of his actions? It is INNOCENT to take students to his home? To be driving with them? To be texting them? To be seeing them off school grounds and at non-school functions? You don't see ANYTHING wrong with any of it? Did you notice I didn't even approach the topic of the picture and what was in it? You, maddam, are an idiot.
why

Apollo, PA

#17 Mar 3, 2013
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not see ANYTHING wrong with ANY of his actions? It is INNOCENT to take students to his home? To be driving with them? To be texting them? To be seeing them off school grounds and at non-school functions? You don't see ANYTHING wrong with any of it? Did you notice I didn't even approach the topic of the picture and what was in it? You, maddam, are an idiot.
Apparently you don't know much about working in a school and what teachers, coaches and mentors do. What about teachers that have students living with them? Coaches take kids home daily. It's just sad you people are feeding him to the wolves and assuming he did something horrible just on one mothers accusation. Get a life, he hasn't hurt one person.
band mom

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Mar 3, 2013
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not see ANYTHING wrong with ANY of his actions? It is INNOCENT to take students to his home? To be driving with them? To be texting them? To be seeing them off school grounds and at non-school functions? You don't see ANYTHING wrong with any of it? Did you notice I didn't even approach the topic of the picture and what was in it? You, maddam, are an idiot.
Get a life loser!! You are trying to start crap on here about something you dont know the half of. Leave the teacher alone. I still stand behind him because he is a good young man!!! And yes I would trust my child with him!!
puzzled

Buffalo, NY

#19 Mar 3, 2013
i do not now what happens in skool since i never pass fifth grade. my hole life is making fun of other peoples on here. i look four posts that i can read and make fun of the people writing it.
Concerned

Ashland, KY

#20 Mar 4, 2013
Yes he is a good guy and has done a lot for the school and the band, but the parents of these boys thought they were in Huntington at an honors band function. That is what they gave permission for, not for a drive with the band director. What was thought to be innocent was a very poor decision and not well thought through. A simple phone call or text to the boys parents for permission would have been all that was needed.
Innocent intentions or not, permission was not obtained.
As for the rest of the story, pictures should not have been taken, should not have been passed around and absolutely not have been texted from the teachers phone to a female student. This could be, and probably will be interpreted as Sexting.
Very unfortunate situation, but an example that we have to as teachers, mentors, coaches see that even the best and most innocent intentions can have horrific out come if our actions are not thought through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Furnace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rob Cochran 1 hr YEAH RIGHT 2
how big do you think rob cochran is? (Jul '10) 2 hr YEAH RIGHT 14
i had sex with my best friends sister.... (May '10) 3 hr a person 24
Josh Keaton (Jul '11) 4 hr Tommy 21
AMIE CANTRELL Dont trust (May '10) 16 hr your Angel 23
wreck by greenup dam Jan 22 Updates 1
Who's Amie Cantrell Sleeping with for Dope now? Jan 21 The Good Wife 13
More from around the web

Franklin Furnace People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM
Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:17 AM
Jimmy Haslam Speaks on Browns' 2015 QB Situation
Bleacher Report12:23 PM
Manziel's Teammates Discuss QB's Rookie Season
Yahoo! Sports12:24 PM
Report: Cleveland Browns 'wrecked' by Johnny Manziel's rookie season
NBC Sports12:46 PM
Teammate: Manziel was a "100 percent joke" as a rookie