Corruption in Frankfort, nothing unco...

Corruption in Frankfort, nothing uncommon -- Police chief still here.

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 266
Next Last
Fedup in Frankfort

Fishers, NY

#1 Jul 19, 2006
Not only has the media let us know that the man who has acted as our Police Chief for the last two years, not earned that rank, but was given the position. But now we learned he has not passed this years chief exam, meaning he is to be out within 60 days by civil service guidelines. Oh wait, that experation was 12 days ago. Ok, so the town is "Interviewing" a possible replacement. The hits keep coming however. Just ousting this guy isnt good enough, we have our officials saying they are looking into "Creating" a "Security" position, so this guy can keep drawing a paycheck from us. They are working on income figures for him. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He didnt pass the only test, he is required to pass, and instead of letting him go, you are going to create a position for him. Who is gonna pay this guy, oh yeah, us the taxpayers. Here's an idea for you corrupt folks, instead of our little bitty town just having 2 police deptartments. Only a block away from each other I may add. But why dont we create a third force, so you folks can hire all your friends and give them a job.
Wake Up People!
Anna

Fishers, NY

#2 Jul 20, 2006
I support the Village of Frankfort in restructuring the Village Police Department. Since Chief Conley has become Chief, we see more police patrol and less crime. Which I might add, seeing the constant police patrol, detours one from committing a crime(s)! Not to mention the comfort and protection the community feels when our police are at hand. Therefore I would not call it corruption, but correction. I was devastated to hear that our Village could possibly entertain the idea of relieving Chief Conley. I believe that Chief Conley has firmly brought honesty, values, ambition strong work ethics, dedication, respectand comfort to our village. I pray that our village officials complete the restructure and CORRECTION for the Good of our village and continue to employ Chief Conley in some similar or greater manner. It would be such a tragic loss not to. Our Mayor and Board took an oath to protect, that they would too, keep our best interest. I expect they honor that oath, or resign theirself.
Fedup in Frankfort

Fishers, NY

#3 Jul 21, 2006
Anna, you do realize that they are not letting the chief go and not having a chief. They are replacing him with someone who actually PASSED the civil service exam for police chief. The exams are in place for a reason. So that the good ol boy mentality is not good enough. If you want to be the chief of a police department, know your job, pass the test. If he did, there would be no issue. He didnt, and yet you think he should keep his job? Is he a relative of yours? I like feeling secure like everyone else, but we can do it with the BEST people for the job, being a friend or relative does not make you the best, knowing your job, and doing your job to the best of your ability does. As for more patrolling, have you lived in any other towns this size? I have lived in many a states over the years, and NEVER, have I lived in such a small town and had 2 police departments. Its like one gets full and yet there are still friends needing jobs, so they created another one. Locals logic, go figure.
Anna

Fishers, NY

#4 Jul 21, 2006
Fedup in Frankfort, First I will answer your question: No, he nor anyone else in the Village is a relative of mine. I too have lived in many areas over the years, large and small, with much larger and even smaller populations and have found our village at this time, to be the most secure and comfortable as it has been in many years. My children and grandchildren can take a walk morning, noon and night and not be bothered. I have seen drug dealing and drug use in our park, where our children play in the past. Now I do not see that, as the Village Police Department keeps our Village well patroled. As I stated prior, I am all for correction, but if something is not broke, do not fix it. Some people can not test as well as others, but just passing a written test does not make anyone a great candidate for a job. Our Village is not corrupt and is a great place for the average all american to live. I think we are fortunate to live in such a community that does have two different police departments. Not only do we have more patrol, but look at the geographical make up of the town, which I might add, includes the village too. Be happy with what we have, because it could be worse, and has been worse in the past. So lets be thankful.
disgruntled_citi zen

Fishers, NY

#5 Jul 27, 2006
I too, have been following this "Police Chief" debacle for the last few weeks. I am in complete agreement with FedUp. The Village of Frankfort Board Members need to be held liable for the diservice they are providing to village taxpayers. I was not surprised to read in the OD today that Mayor Moracco will "not be rushed" into making a decision. If I thought for one minute that he actually cared for the residents, I would applaud his defiant stance. However, one reason that I think Mayor Moracco would not like to be "rushed" is so that he can continue to act as Chief of Police and deal with crime as he sees fit (and that includes letting those who drive drunk on our streets to get off with parking violations, just because he knows them). Yes, Frankfort, essentially we are living in a lawless village right now, and who you know will determine if you will be punished or not. I think we need to do what is mentioned as a possibility in the OD, and that is to bring a lawsuit against the village board to make these board members personally liable for the police chief's salary. And the next step after that, dismantle the Village Police Department all together and combine with the town. And if we're still looking for things to do-- let's dissolve the Village of Frankfort all together. Obviously, no one with a sense of intelligence or duty is properly overseeing our safety and taxes.
Fedup in Frankfort

Fishers, NY

#6 Jul 27, 2006
Thank you disgruntled, now I know that I am not the only one in this place thinking about whats right, and not just about who we are friends with. This lawlessness you mentioned is precise. It is in our entire system of government here. We have a community here that has the ability to be one of the nicest around yet we spend so much time and money on things that do not really better anyone other than those in a position to gain financially. We have 2 police dept.'s, WHY? Does anybody really think we couldn't be just as safe with the two dept.'s combined, and working out of only 1 station. We have a codes enforcer who uses his position to throw his weight around and strongarm folks. A while back, back when Vinnies Market was still around I was speaking to one of the gentlemen there about their new construction. It seems that someone had shot his front window with a bb gun and put a hole in it. So he custom orders a new window to replace it. The day the contractors are there, the codes guy shows up and says he cant put in that window, the new code prevents windows from being any closer than 4' from the sidewalk. He explains he is not installing a new window, he is replacing a damaged one. Tuff, he has to get a different window, frame up the wall where the old large window used to be, and while he is at it he says that the door only opens to the inside he now has to change that to open to the outside. Also there are two many steps to get up into the store, he has to replace it with a single step. His original task of replacing a window that was not damaged by him, and culprit never caught, now escalates into a project costing him thosands out of pocket. Is it really any wonder he decided to close, and go elsewhere for work. When in some parts of town, only a street seperates village to town. So how can they justify 2 seperate tax amounts, prices for water, garbage collection dates, etc. It is crazy. If village to town lines was seperated by being in town vs. being rural in the country I could swallow it a little easier, but 2 neighbors with different taxs and all, please. Really now 1st ave to 1st Ave extension is only seperated by Reese road it is crazy. But back to this arrogance of police chief, ok Mayor if as you state ďThe County Civil Service (Commission) will do what they have to do, and the village will do what we have to do,Ē Moracco said.ďThe schedule got changed by circumstances beyond the control of the interviewees or anyone on the board and we can't do anything about that.Ē Who is going to pay genious? Oh yeah thats right, we will. And how can he really justify the crying that schedules were changed due to things out of their control, are you kidding me. You stated you were going do this 26-28th of June, thats 3 days. The commision gave you a 30 day extension, 3 compared to 30 more. Still not enough, get a grip. People are sheep in general, and being that most of the folks here are of the same flock, I dont see anything changing any time soon. All I can do is hope, cross my fingers, and prey someday someone will win an election that will actually help us.
Frankfort wake-up

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2006
I grew up in Frankfort and work in local law enforcement. Anna, do you know why Steve Conley is no longer working for the Utica Police Department? Are you seriously going to use an excuse of some people are bad test takers? There are requirements for every job position and passing the chiefs test is one for him and he failed to meet that requirement. Period. You feel safer in Frankfort? I don't know why you would. Through the Freedom of information Act, you can see arrest and ticket numbers. Why was there only 4 DWI arrests by the village PD between November and April, yet no other local municipality was even in single digits? There are only 3 police trained personnel on the village PD, and that includes the 3 new hires - 1 of which just failed a police academy this spring. I'm raelly curious what gives you this false sense of security, and glad or at least hope you aren't in a public position to make any decisions.
Gert Jensen

Palm City, FL

#8 Jul 30, 2006
Fedup in Frankfort wrote:
Not only has the media let us know that the man who has acted as our Police Chief for the last two years, not earned that rank, but was given the position. But now we learned he has not passed this years chief exam, meaning he is to be out within 60 days by civil service guidelines. Oh wait, that experation was 12 days ago. Ok, so the town is "Interviewing" a possible replacement. The hits keep coming however. Just ousting this guy isnt good enough, we have our officials saying they are looking into "Creating" a "Security" position, so this guy can keep drawing a paycheck from us. They are working on income figures for him. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He didnt pass the only test, he is required to pass, and instead of letting him go, you are going to create a position for him. Who is gonna pay this guy, oh yeah, us the taxpayers. Here's an idea for you corrupt folks, instead of our little bitty town just having 2 police deptartments. Only a block away from each other I may add. But why dont we create a third force, so you folks can hire all your friends and give them a job.
Wake Up People!
I sure agree with your comment. If this indivicual does not have the skills to pass a certifcation exam, what makes him qualified to enforce the law in Frankfort. Would the village to the same if a teacher could not pass the teachers certification exam by creating a position that would allow the person continue to instruct your children?
Been Here Long Enough

Fishers, NY

#9 Aug 4, 2006
Frankfort wake-up wrote:
I grew up in Frankfort and work in local law enforcement. Anna, do you know why Steve Conley is no longer working for the Utica Police Department? Are you seriously going to use an excuse of some people are bad test takers? There are requirements for every job position and passing the chiefs test is one for him and he failed to meet that requirement. Period. You feel safer in Frankfort? I don't know why you would. Through the Freedom of information Act, you can see arrest and ticket numbers. Why was there only 4 DWI arrests by the village PD between November and April, yet no other local municipality was even in single digits? There are only 3 police trained personnel on the village PD, and that includes the 3 new hires - 1 of which just failed a police academy this spring. I'm raelly curious what gives you this false sense of security, and glad or at least hope you aren't in a public position to make any decisions.

AMEN
GIVE ME A BREAK

Tully, NY

#10 Aug 6, 2006
Anna....you need to get a grip. You may think that Chief Conley has done wonders but he has NOT brought HONESTY to the department....Do you know he was FIRED from the Utica Police Department? Do you also know that he lost ALL certification when he was fired so he shouldn't even be an acting police officer. It seems like Frankfort and our Mayor have lost all pride in our community to hire this man first off who shouldn't have even been on the force along with our other wonderful investigator whom just resigned and was indited and since your wonderful Chief Conley has been on the force do you have any idea of the turn over rate he has had because officers who live in our community and who have been protecting us for years couldn't put up with his corrupt crap....Anna you have every right to have your own opinion but you should really research all the facts about someone you are going to back! CONLEY MUST GO AND HE'S PROVEN THAT HE COULDN'T PASS THE SERGEANTS TEEST, HE COULDN'T PASS THE CHEIF TEST I WOULDN'T COUNT ON HIM PASSING THE INVESTIGATORS TEST EITHER. HIS DAY WILL COME AND BELIEVE ME YOU CAN COUNT THAT MORE PEOPLE WILL BE CHEERING THAN CRYING
Fedup in Frankfort

Fishers, NY

#11 Aug 6, 2006
Thank you 'Give me a break' for shedding some light on his history. I find it very uncomfortable that the village would make the choices they have.

It the recent OD story it shows that we had 3 people in line for this chief's position. An officer with over 20 years experience, another with 14 years experience and then the last with 5 years experience. Though I do not know these individuals, I find it typical that we would hire the green horn. It is most likely due to the fact that the one with the least experience is also the one that most likely can be swayed by outside influences on how to perform certain tasks. After all Conley isnít going anywhere, so Iím sure he will have his input on the new chiefs tasks. It is also typical of our government that they would now create another position for Conley to stay onboard with (thatís if he passes the test for this one). If he doesnít pass it, I guess they will try to create yet another position for him. It is wrong on so many levels.
I find it hard to believe that anybody in power could make these choices and not have any problems with their sleeping at night. Surely they must know that some people are not the typical sheep type that will believe anything spitting from their mouths.
I hope that one of two things will eventually happen, either we have a revolution, and oust all of our corrupt people in power. Or we hope they will eventually wake up and see they are doing injustice on so many things. Not only is this Conley thing wrong, I would hope that they realize that some of their acts are borderline criminal
FED UP AND SHOUTING

Tully, NY

#12 Aug 7, 2006
Fedup in Frankfort wrote:
Thank you 'Give me a break' for shedding some light on his history. I find it very uncomfortable that the village would make the choices they have.
It the recent OD story it shows that we had 3 people in line for this chief's position. An officer with over 20 years experience, another with 14 years experience and then the last with 5 years experience. Though I do not know these individuals, I find it typical that we would hire the green horn. It is most likely due to the fact that the one with the least experience is also the one that most likely can be swayed by outside influences on how to perform certain tasks. After all Conley isnít going anywhere, so Iím sure he will have his input on the new chiefs tasks. It is also typical of our government that they would now create another position for Conley to stay onboard with (thatís if he passes the test for this one). If he doesnít pass it, I guess they will try to create yet another position for him. It is wrong on so many levels.
I find it hard to believe that anybody in power could make these choices and not have any problems with their sleeping at night. Surely they must know that some people are not the typical sheep type that will believe anything spitting from their mouths.
I hope that one of two things will eventually happen, either we have a revolution, and oust all of our corrupt people in power. Or we hope they will eventually wake up and see they are doing injustice on so many things. Not only is this Conley thing wrong, I would hope that they realize that some of their acts are borderline criminal
No problem Fed up in Frankfort and to shed a little more light on the subject of our WONDERFUL FRIEND....Steve Conley, the papers won't print anything because I think the Utica PD is keeping quiet right now because of all the noise Conley is making in Frankfort, but he was FIRED from the UPD because while on duty with the UPD in a UPD patrol car he was working his second job at the Utica Housing Athority.....hey ANNA does that make you feel safe knowing that when he was suppose to be patroling the area he was givin in utica he was out somewhere else getting paid for a second job!!!! WHAT A MAN I WANT HIM IN CHARGE!
Fedup in Frankfort

Fishers, NY

#13 Aug 7, 2006
Thanks yet again to 'Fed up and shouting' for a little more insite on this individual. Between him, and our investigator who just quit due to a criminal investigation, I wonder where are we going?
By all rights, Frankfort is just a wee little spec on the map. You would think that we wouldnt have such controversial issues. We have police officers wearing badges, carrying guns, and enforcing laws that they dont even know because they failed police academy. When I lived in south Florida (Miami-Ft.Lauderdale area) you couldn't even get a job as a cop unless you were certified as as Law Enforcement Officer. That is how many cities are today. Up here its like "You wanna job, heres your gun, heres your badge and car, go to work. You can go to school later." What a crock. I only attribute our lack of major crimes to the fact that we are so small, and most everybody knows everybody. Yet that is also our downfall.
Conleys new job is going to be supervising investigator. Investigating what? You might as well made him a supervising homocide detective. Lord knows we need one of those too, so many killin's an all. Or maybe that will be his next title once he doesnt pass the test for the job he is in now. Wake up Frankfort, drop his arse already. Hire some new officers who are certified, and actually officers of the law, and be done with it. But I guess if you do that you would have to take your hands out of the pockets of the citizens paying for all this mess.
I note that Frankfort was once a honest community, but you have to go back pretty far, back to when the German settlers who settled this town were probably still around. But there is the potential for this community to be an honest, law obiding community where neighbors help neighbors and the public officials actually look out for the best interest of the community.
Or maybe Im just thinking about Mayberry.
steve conley

Mississauga, Canada

#14 Aug 7, 2006
i am looking forward to serving each and every one of the opinionated cowards writing within this forum. If you feel that strongly, you should come forward with your issues, I would be happy to assist. afterall, how serious can one take the opinions of this forum while hiding behind an internet website.. why not come to a village board meeting and be heard.
Opinionated Coward

Syracuse, NY

#15 Aug 8, 2006
Since you have to be a coward to have an opinion and post it on this forum, here I am. Lets see come forward with our issues at a village board meeting. Sure putz, that would be beneficial for us. What really would happen other than being singled out by you and your corrupt gumba buddies. I am sure a visit by the codes enforcer to our properties to make up violations, not to mention as much harrassment as you could possibly muster within the law. How about this, smart arse. Why dont you explain each of the facts surrounding your career here. If anyone has falsely stated anything, the firing from utica, the failing of your only jobs test, any of it. I would apologize. Fact of the matter is you dont serve us, you serve yourself. We just pay for it. Enjoy your paycheck while it lasts.
Disgusted

Fishers, NY

#16 Aug 8, 2006
Opinionated coward hit the nail right on the head to Conley... do you see his opening statement sounded like a threat to me. Thats exactly what he would do make your life miserable, that is why people are afraid to come forward.
And Conley your just pissed that people are putting the facts out on here, facts that are public knowledge in the newspapers if they would just look.
I'm sure if more people knew about this forum there would be tons more of negative posts. Face it you are not wanted in this VILLAGE!!!!!!!!!!
FED UP AND SHOUTING

Tully, NY

#17 Aug 8, 2006
MR CONLEY.....So happy to hear from you! Come on once again all you do is talk trash not once did you defend yourself on anything. IS THAT BECAUSE ITS ALL TRUE!! There are 2 problems with coming to a board meeting....1 all you'll do is act all calm in there and probably won't end up saying one word but with anyone who speaks up against you in there you'll find ways to make them pay on the outside and the second problem is that in that board meeting the ONLY people who back you are the ones who would be sitting up there with you with the exception of our 2 new board members....THANK GOD FOR AT LEAST 2 BOARD MEMEBERS WHO ARE ABLE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES!

Now Mr Conley the other problem with you is that you abuse your power. You drove that police car back and forth from Syracuse while you were taking a seminar that was offered HERE IN UTICA but because you my friend were a COWARD and didn't want to face all your friends there whom you worked on the UTICA PD with YOUR BUDDY THE MAYOR found another class for you to take in Syracuse. Oh did you drive your truck back and forth to Syracuse during the seminar.......NO YOU DIDN'T DID YOU!(OH Anna your tax dollars paid for an OFF DUTY officer to use a tax paid police car so he wouldn't have to waste his gas) COME ON MR CONLEY..... do you honestly think if the people of Frankfort had our way you'd be PACKING and believe me the board memebers and mayor that back you would be right behind you! You've done nothing but brought SHAME AND CONTROVERSY to a small town who used to have PRIDE AND DIGNITY but we lost that when we starting hiring just anyone off the street or wait we lost that when we starting hiring the officers who get FIRED from other departments!!! HELLO FRANKFORT WAKE UP YOU DON'T JUST GET FIRED FROM A POLICE DEPARTMENT FOR DOING YOUR JOB AND FOLLOWING THE RULES. BUT I GUESS FRANKFORT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THAT. MAYBE WE NEED TO START LOOKING AT OUR MAYOR AS WELL SINCE HE'S THE ONE WHO HIRED OUR BIGGEST MISTAKE YET!!!

I hope all the residents of Frankfort remember this when election time rolls around!!!

PS Mr Conley like Opinionated Coward says ENJOY YOUR PAYCHECK WHILE IT LASTS!!!!(actually you might want to save it since you are gonna have to pay it back!!!)
Opinionated Coward

Syracuse, NY

#18 Aug 8, 2006
Conley, I started this column off with the slight hopes that there would be other individuals who live here and share my hopes of justice. And I have found some here much to my delight.
Too often our society changes and hardly any change is for the good. I do not live blindly thinking that any community (big or small) is not without their share of problems. I have lived in areas where police choppers flying over my house at night was a common thing. People were never notified of criminals being chased unless you saw it come into your backyard. I wanted to get away from all that, and raise my children in what I perceived to be a nice quaint town. Free from crime, and the nonsense.
I lived here in the valley as a child, when I grew up I went away into the Military and traveled abroad. I have lived in many places, big and small. After getting out of the military, and nearly a decade of service I moved my family here and have slowly become more and more outraged by the nonsense that is always going on.
I began to wonder how this type of stuff could continue to go on without anyone stopping it. Didnít anyone see what I saw? I watch my local taxes rise every single year, for what, for you? If we, the taxpayers were getting so much from our money that it was worth the investment I would say ok. But no, my payments go up to fund this kind of nonsense.
You should be ashamed of yourself Conley. You should be ashamed of yourself Mayor. You should be ashamed of yourselves Board Members.
You are milking a system of funds that you have no right taking, be it in taking a cop car to Syracuse while off duty, or creating Law Enforcement Positions that we DONíT need. You abuse the powers entrusted to you, to look after our well-being. You people take the loyalties of voters who believed in your propaganda, and turned your positions into a system of enriching your own lives.
How much money have you made so far off of us Conley? What have you done personally to deserve it? You wont answer to any of this. You wouldnít here; you wouldnít in any other public forum.
And you have the audacity to call us cowards, you work for US, we donít work for you!
We can speak where we want, about what we want, and that is a Freedom YOU had nothing to do with us getting.

You sicken me.

Signed,
Opinionated Coward/Fedup In Frankfort
Truth

Fishers, NY

#19 Aug 8, 2006
steve conley wrote:
i am looking forward to serving each and every one of the opinionated cowards writing within this forum. If you feel that strongly, you should come forward with your issues, I would be happy to assist. afterall, how serious can one take the opinions of this forum while hiding behind an internet website.. why not come to a village board meeting and be heard.
Why did your post say Utica NY don't you live and work in Frankfort?
Conley why is it that since you came to work for Frankfort we have lost a chief of Police and several certified officers. I'll tell you why because of your lies and you feared for any advancement because of their knowledge and they were the ones that questioned you and you didn't want them to see your laziness and your corruption. So you forced them out and only kept the ones that you can control because they aren't certified and they want to be cops.
But the ones that you forced out are all working as reputable professional officers in different depts. and were welcomed with open arms.
Can you say the same for yourself. Why don't you prove a point to all of us and apply to some different valley pds and see who would hire you.
Please supply a letter of exceptance signed by both a mayor and a chief of police on their letterhead.
I believe that this frankfort mayor and the former board and the 2 old board members left seem to be the only ones that you can manipulate.
wants to know

Fishers, NY

#20 Aug 8, 2006
I would like to know just WHEN this X -CHIEF of Frankfort POLICE does WORK for us. I have heard that all he does during the day is golf. He is seen at a diner all the time in the morn. going to play. golf with other guys.
Also I would like to know why he is seen at a driving range in Schuyler all the time during the day and then whistles go off and or he gets a call you came out of there and jumped into a black unmarked car and went flying 100 mph.back to frankfort recklessly as i have heard you have done so many times before. Driving like that and with no lights or sirens.

ALL I CAN SAY IS I AM GLAD YOUR FREE RIDE ON THE VILLAGE OF FRANKFORT TAXPAYERS IS OVER. YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO DO AS YOU PLEASE IN THIS VILLAGE,MEANING ALL PLAY AND NO WORK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 266
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
worst places to work 1 hr harry balls 20
italian family fights at christmas 1 hr Shifty hall 19
Is Bitcoin Accepted in Utica 2 hr IM BACK III 1
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 2 hr Reney 2,313
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 2 hr Reney 1,234
Trump declares Jerusalem the capital of Israel 4 hr Chaim 15
Slutytara 4 hr Slutytara 1

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance