confused

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

What happened tothis place? They are now open part time and it looks like they lost the O.T.B. consession. The place stinks and no one is there anymore.
Fab5FreddieCucum ber

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Is the Knight Spot for sale?
nobiggie

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

All good places come crashing down eventually.....
Joe

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Alsante took over that's what happened
runner

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

anyone who comments on topix needs a job and a life typical frankfort residents welfare scumbags who have nothing else to do. oh ya and if u have a comment about a buisness or person have the balls to say it to there face instead of hinding behind a computer. i forgot that wont happen its Franfort ny
wow

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

That's what is wrong with Frankfort! Go find a job and stop with your rumors. She's always been great to me!!
Joe

Swan Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

If you want people to use their real name set the example runner
Sad

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Thurstons is struggling to stay open just like many other businesses in the area. The problem is that you have people in Frankfort that just talk about their neighbors and dont support their businesses. These same people walk around town like they are millionaires when in fact they are flat broke. Then when a place closes they are the ones that say "I wonder why they closed". Instead of saying nasty things like you have posted here go out and support your local neighborhood businesses that struggle to survive everyday! Oh wait i forget this is Frankfort and this is not what people do. The Alsantes are good people and have tried to make something out of a piece of property that im sure will become the village eyesore if they close.
bigboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

confused wrote:
i can understand why they are struggling. The quality of the food has gone downhill over the past year. The portions have got smaller, the prices have gone up. The place smells like someone died in there. The help doesn't give a shit either way. you have to make the people want to come into your business. Wife and I used to stop in there at least once a week for dinner. Havent been there in awhile due to some unacceptable food/service.
who needs your business you most likely go to wendys twice aweek.
Joe

New Braintree, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

You see the guy who says the food has gone downhill is mocked because it is easier than changing things in the resturant,agree I went there all the time so you are not talking to someone who eats at Wendys and what if I did it doesn't change the facts about thurstons Jim alsante is running it into the gutter.
first time responder

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2011

went to Thurstons today, won 247 big ones on otd/had a great meal and the waitress was very nice.confused must be in the wrong place.
frank h

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

first time responder wrote:
went to Thurstons today, won 247 big ones on otd/had a great meal and the waitress was very nice.confused must be in the wrong place.
your a first time idiot,no more otb nice try
Joe

Waterloo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Bottom line that place used to be great the only thing that changed was alsante took over he keeps it like he keeps the garage we work in everyday.if you saw it you would say it all makes sense two pig pens.
ExtraTerrestrial

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Is that you Steve?
gerry r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Joe wrote:
You see the guy who says the food has gone downhill is mocked because it is easier than changing things in the resturant,agree I went there all the time so you are not talking to someone who eats at Wendys and what if I did it doesn't change the facts about thurstons Jim alsante is running it into the gutter.
you are full of crap,you never ate there,the service and food are great.
Casual Observer

Sherburne, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

I think that Thurston's has had some ups and downs over the last few years and they may have made some poor business decisions but I think the food has been good for some time now. If more people support it (and any business in Frankfort) they will maintain good standards and provide good food at reasonable prices. It is a nice, casual atmoshphere and you can go there with your family or friends and have a pleasant time. And yes, you can win money on the horses or quick draw there. You just have to pick the right numbers.
Observer

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

It sounds like another observer is maybe a worker that got canned. The Alsantes have tried to make something of that bowling alley and restaurant. Over the last year they have spent quite a bit of money updating the alleys and cleaning up the restaurant. People who live in the village will only have themselves to blame when the place closes and its a vacant building. If you live in that community you should frequent establishments that are owned by local people and not shop and eat at chains and big box stores. But unfortunately frankfort is the type of town where 3 generations live in the same house and although people put on a big show they really exist from day to day and contribute nothing to the community. And most have such low self esteem that they feel the need to talk about a hardworking family because they thought enough about the village to purchase and operate a restaurant there. They are a good family and there is no doubt someone has some sour grapes. Then again its election time.
yuck

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

had dinner there friday night...terrible
oka

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

its not that bad
yuck wrote:
had dinner there friday night...terrible
Doctorate

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Concerning the rumor that OTB is shut down at Thurston's, not true. So, I'm sure that the person spreading the rumor is not a regulalr and maybe went to Thurston's when OTB was technically shut down for a moment (Not Thurston's fault). By the way, why are you slamming the place? Must be you were thrown out at one point as a patron, or maybe fired as an employee. There is an abundant amount of good people that go there to eat, drink, gamble, chat, and to have a good time with one another. The true patrons are the one's that were hanging around decades ago, including me. Almost everyone knows everyone and that's what makes it a good time. Of course, times got tougher and things change. Don't blame the owner, they're doing the best that they can. Oh...and by the way, I'm not afraid to reveal myself.
Pam Miller.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Frankfort Discussions

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 6,323
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 6,324
travis j cobb is an abusive prick (Apr '13) Thu Engaged 2
frankfort cop Thu mew 2
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Habanero Harv 16,760
Ron's Towing at it AGAIN! (Dec '09) Wed mew 46
Town Police (Mar '12) Jul 9 mew 63
•••
•••
•••
•••

Frankfort Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Frankfort People Search