Good Old Days In Frankfort Remember?
frankfort man

AOL

#74 Nov 11, 2009
MUZZY wrote:
How many nicknames of old friends in Frankfort past and present!Great memories !
everybody had a nickname growing up,this is one post that is worth talking about,remember chicky chuff chasing everybody with a broom,the starbust disco and those great partys we had at the gorge nice memories.
Whats a cuccidata

New York, NY

#75 Nov 11, 2009
frankfort man wrote:
<quoted text>everybody had a nickname growing up,this is one post that is worth talking about,remember chicky chuff chasing everybody with a broom,the starbust disco and those great partys we had at the gorge nice memories.
LOL !! I remember the Starburst on Main St. Dancing disco....making out in the dark corners, sitting on those bar stools at those high round bar tables....Makin out...Oh, I said that already....

Many a set of braces did I cut my tongue on....
Joe B

Athens, PA

#76 Nov 11, 2009
Whats a cuccidata wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL !! I remember the Starburst on Main St. Dancing disco....making out in the dark corners, sitting on those bar stools at those high round bar tables....Makin out...Oh, I said that already....
Many a set of braces did I cut my tongue on....
I will never those make out sessions with you my boytoy buddy. remember when you would packmy fudge then I would yours? The way you held my nutz in your hand as you and me gave each other deep wet tonghue kisses!
oh the memories!
ok thanks now.....
jdb777
Former American

Rochester, NY

#77 Nov 11, 2009
ST MARY GRADUATE wrote:
As I sat in church not long ago, I remembered all the "FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH" masses we attended as students. I remember Saturday Choir with Mrs. Castellano. Remember Tuesday and Wednesday watching the Reese Road "toads" and the Northsiders get off the buses for religion?
Thanks for reminding me of sooo many good times. If only our children could see how we did just fine without cellphones, computers and large screen televisions with 300 channels and a remote control too!! remember having to "turn the channel"....and "roll up a car window" and "dial" a telephone. When we didnt have to dial 894 or 895...we could just dial 4-xxxx. And I swear I learned my phone number originally, waaayyy back when as TW4-xxx and my cousins in West Frankfort (which was a long distance call, by the way...) was RA4-xxxx
The thing I feel most sorry about for the kids today is the "freedom to be a kid"....the loss of innocence...how we could safely walk the streets and our parents not worry someone would steal us.
One thing we also had that these kids today lack is RESPECT. Our friends parents were and still are MR and MRS. We never thought of being destructive or purposely damaging others property. Kids today have no idea how hard their parents work to give them what they deem to be a "necessity"...from clothing to jewelry to cellphones to "new" vehicles to drive.
Enough said from me...God Bless All
What year did you graduate from St. Mary's?
ST MARY GRADUATE

Utica, NY

#78 Nov 12, 2009
Former American wrote:
<quoted text>What year did you graduate from St. Mary's?
1981....you?
Former American

Rochester, NY

#79 Nov 12, 2009
ST MARY GRADUATE wrote:
<quoted text>
1981....you?
Your a youngster...1975
Hank

Fishers, NY

#80 Nov 17, 2009
Well I remember People stopping saying Hello and asking how your family was the beautiful christmas decorations down main street causing families and friends to be cheerful and thoughful bringing baked goods to neighbors having Parties where the whole block came to .
hot-one

Fayetteville, NY

#82 Nov 23, 2009
NATIVE wrote:
Chicky Chuff
The Bio sisters
St. Mary's School Bizzare
Parties in the gorge - burnin' tires
The Circle
Homecoming weekend...bon fires, snake dances, REAL school spirit
JJ's - secret sauce and muzzy sticks
The Campus Inn
Auggie's Pizza
People stood up for each other, cared about each other, had RESPECT for each other...a time BEFORE Topix.net
chicky chuff!!! omg good one!
Livin In Yesterday

Canastota, NY

#83 Nov 23, 2009
How 'bout...Jim's on Palmer Street?

Or....Kathy's Unisex Salon on Palmer Street, I think it's where Aiellos store is/was? 2 houses from the corner of 5th ave, by the High School.

Or, snagging suckers with large 3 prong hooks, down by the drops?
cake

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#84 Nov 28, 2009
How about when Rudy Gadziala KICKED THE SHIT out of Miss.Pat Gatto at a dance in Ilion.Bam Bam out cold.
say what

Fishers, NY

#86 Nov 28, 2009
who is Miss Pat Gatto?
bob james

AOL

#88 Nov 29, 2009
cake wrote:
How about when Rudy Gadziala KICKED THE SHIT out of Miss.Pat Gatto at a dance in Ilion.Bam Bam out cold.
pat gatto never lost a fight in his life 48-0
gambling

Fishers, NY

#89 Nov 29, 2009
how about all the high stakes crap games all over the village
yum

Fishers, NY

#91 Nov 29, 2009
WHo made the best tomato pie back in the day?
remember

United States

#93 Dec 6, 2009
Ernie Sportello was the best wrestler ever pound for pound before the Knights were allowed to compete in the state tourn.He and Joey S.use to be buffers between Ilion and Frankfort.Just real good kids.
JAC

Clayton, NY

#94 Dec 9, 2009
Fecal matter PEOPLE - Prof Frank
If your sick sit in back - Miss Graves
tuesday walks to church school
watching Joe Ferraro hold a guy above his held wrestling
Frankfort drum and bugle corp
The Frankfort Falcons professional football team
the screaming eagle at the county fair parade
Frankfort centenial along canal street park
Ming's place
Pong
The Station
Club Royal
Grippes Tavern
The Palmer hotel
Thurstons Pizza
Bee's
Grand Prix
Whitey's
Brass Tack
The Patriot
The Argon grille
Puzzies
No parking on frankfort street or main street on saturday nights
stop and go
murtaugh's
the knight spot when it wasn't open in the winter
ppols closed on mondays
Worldly Traveler

New York, NY

#96 Dec 10, 2009
So these are good old days?????????
Please,,,you guys need to know there's life when you drive past Reese Road or Cemetery......does one person in Frankfort know directions to say.....maybe Rome or Albany...LLLLOOOOLLLL!!!
Former American

Rochester, NY

#98 Dec 11, 2009
Worldly Traveler wrote:
So these are good old days?????????
Please,,,you guys need to know there's life when you drive past Reese Road or Cemetery......does one person in Frankfort know directions to say.....maybe Rome or Albany...LLLLOOOOLLLL!!!
You're not the only one that has done some traveling. But they were good days when you could let your kids out of the house and not worry about some creep bothering them and an abundance of other things that I could mention. You currently live in bad times, turn the page and take a look.
Mike

Cicero, NY

#99 Jan 12, 2010
I was a kid who grew up in Frankfort back in the 60s. I remember Putnams hill in winter going sledding.
The new road - as we called the 4-lane route 5s ext. We used to play on all the construction equip.

Colino's ice cream stand was on Acme Rd, almost across from Whitey's Brass Tack...just down the road from Steve DiMaria's Barber shop
Before LaPuma's Pharm. it was old charlie Williams who ran the drug store
Lefever's Gun shop used to be next door...then it was V J Falcone Insurance.

Aiello's ran the Western Auto Hardware...they used to sell 45 rpm records for 39 cents. Across the street was Leo Fullem's drug store.
I remember Maneen's corner store on 2nd Ave & Reese Rd. A can of soda was 15 cents and all candy bars a nickel..they even had penny candy.

The Lucy Dade murder was in the winter of '64. We used to buy our Halloween costumes there.
Thurston's pizza was the best.
Frankfort was a great place to grow up as a kid. I lived on 3rd Ave on the reservation.
4 the BIGMANs eyes Only

Buffalo, NY

#100 Jan 12, 2010
The American Justice system has taken the power from the people and placed it into the hands of corrupt, unethical and dishonest/bad judges and dishonest attorneys who have no fear of consequences because they are immune to any discipline and accountable to only their fellow judges and attorneys. Our system is no longer an arena where you must fear being on the wrong side of the law for it does not matter if your on the wrong or right side of the law, it only matters if your on the wrong side of the judges agenda. It does not matter if the Constitution or the law is on your side, it only matters if you have money and the judge on your side. Many are unaware of this because they have not had to endure it. It is the public ignorance that has allowed the judicial system to become so corrupt. It is the education of the public of the abuses in our courts that will be the only means to restore truth and justice to our courts.
Many honest citizens are losing their homes, their children, and their freedom not because they disobeyed the law but because our bad judges have their own agendas. They are writing their own laws, ignoring legislative laws, disregarding Supreme Court decisions, and swaying their decisions to favor parties that will further their careers.

It is time We the People put an end to Judicial Corruption and Immunity The Judicial system was intially designed to be the weakest branch of our government. Today it makes life and liberty decisions not based on our Constitution and laws but on personnel bias.

Judges cannot be sued for their errors, they have personally written laws to disallow it. The only means of recourse are state Judicial Tenure Commissions. These Commissions recieve tens of thousand of complaints each year against judges yet only reprimand less than one percent of those complaints.

Therefore, the American people must endure a long and costly process to recieve their rights and justice. Many cannot afford the costs of this process or cannot take the time.

Stand up to this injustice before someone you love or you yourself must endure this abuse. Write your State Representatives and Senators demanding accountability to judges and attorneys. This problem will not get better, go away or be taken care of by someone else. EVERY American must stand up for their Constitutional Rights. Demand truth and justice return to our courts. Put a stop to bad judges and bad lawyers.

You can get contact information for Congressman at www.house.gov and Senators at www.senate.gov . It is also important to notify the various Committess on the Judiciary, which can be contacted at:

U.S. House of Representatives
Committee on the Judiciary
2138 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515
http://www.house.gov/judiciary

U.S. Senate
Committee on the Judiciary
224 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Supporters Should Start Boycotting Kellogg's 5 min lmb 7
WKTV Golf Card (Sep '12) 15 min Hacker 23 5
News Police: Central New York homeowner fatally shoo... 16 min beh 3
Another local Catholic priest on leave over sex... 16 min Sister Mary ecstasy 9
Nano was a lie. 18 min Another Hiccup 10
So who was the burglar on Richfield st..? 20 min ask old people w ... 4
Intruder on Richfield St. 47 min correction 43

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance