Comments
1 - 20 of 147 Comments Last updated Apr 4, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
justaman1214

Constableville, NY

#1 Sep 16, 2007
Little old italian ladies walking around all in black.Mourning the loss of their husbands who dies 40 years ago.
Father Lamana making passes at us alter boys
Never seen a black person in Frankfort
Papa's garage where all the thugs hung out with their muscle cars
The old cigarette store next door to the knight stand
Beating up Ilion guys
The Station
hot frankfort girls teasing us.They wore their cheerleading outfits even in winter lol
Papa's grocery store.Where they would let you slide if you were a quarter short.
Stealing veggies from everyones gardens
Frankfort Pool
Not a pizza shop in site except for Tony Scaparo selling pizzas from his house on Railroad street
Talking And Tarnacki the local cop out of giving you a ticket>Please add to these memories if you have any
town taxpayer

United States

#2 Sep 16, 2007
that was pretty good
NATIVE

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2007
Chicky Chuff
The Bio sisters
St. Mary's School Bizzare
Parties in the gorge - burnin' tires
The Circle
Homecoming weekend...bon fires, snake dances, REAL school spirit
JJ's - secret sauce and muzzy sticks
The Campus Inn
Auggie's Pizza
People stood up for each other, cared about each other, had RESPECT for each other...a time BEFORE Topix.net
Oh those days

Syracuse, NY

#4 Sep 17, 2007
ValitinoTheTongue wrote:
Little old italian ladies walking around all in black.Mourning the loss of their husbands who dies 40 years ago.
Father Lamana making passes at us alter boys
Never seen a black person in Frankfort
Papa's garage where all the thugs hung out with their muscle cars
The old cigarette store next door to the knight stand
Beating up Ilion guys
The Station
hot frankfort girls teasing us.They wore their cheerleading outfits even in winter lol
Papa's grocery store.Where they would let you slide if you were a quarter short.
Stealing veggies from everyones gardens
Frankfort Pool
Not a pizza shop in site except for Tony Scaparo selling pizzas from his house on Railroad street
Talking And Tarnacki the local cop out of giving you a ticket>Please add to these memories if you have any
Ok, here goes:

The Addolorata celebration on Sheldon Ave. EVERYONE went. And there was ALWAYS a fight.

Trying to climb that grease pole. Yeah! Now everyone's afraid of getting sued. Bunch of pansies. So much for getting grease on ya.

The St. Francis celebration.(Both were in July)

Drinking age - 18! You thought what the hell that was.

The Union Block pool hall hangout for kids.

The Match Factory restaurant circa '50's style. Where Costanza insurance is on Litchfield St.

How about Costanzas grocery store, there even before the Match Factory Restaurant.

Getting your bike stolen at the Frankfort Pool every summer.(It was always in the weeds tho)

BOY SCOUTS.......Troop 1. It meant something to be a part of that. And you weren't embarassed to where your uniform to school.

Getting your hair pulled (OH yeah) in St. Mary's school. The festivals that were in the playground area.

BINGO over there every Saturday night.

Quirks candy store across the street.

JOE GOLDBERG !!!!!!!! GOLDBERG !!! Out the window.

Riemans guitar lessons.

Drinking Maximus Super and smoking in back of St. Mary's.

Throwing snowballs at the back of St. Peters church to see who could get to the highest point.

Burning draft cards in the campfires while on boy scout outings at the resevoir.
Yes Frankfort, has a resevoir, and it's beautiful up there on the hill.

The ice cream store "below the tracks" on Railroad St. Right next to that laundromat.

" Below the tracks " !! HA! Yes, that's what it was referred to.

The STINK of the barge canal "below the tracks"
And I mean the stench could burn rust off a Wisconsin car fender.

The little girl that drowned down there near "the drops"

Swimming in "the drops" Remember?

Thurstons restaurant on New Years eve.

Mini Bikes in the Sears Catalog.

The first "convenient store" called Stop & Go - where Sullys Pizza was. They sold Christmas trees there in the parking lot. AND THEY WERE NOT TRIMMED LIKE A CONE !! THEY WERE WILD.
Oh those days

Syracuse, NY

#5 Sep 17, 2007
NATIVE wrote:
Chicky Chuff
The Bio sisters
St. Mary's School Bizzare
Parties in the gorge - burnin' tires
The Circle
Homecoming weekend...bon fires, snake dances, REAL school spirit
JJ's - secret sauce and muzzy sticks
The Campus Inn
Auggie's Pizza
People stood up for each other, cared about each other, had RESPECT for each other...a time BEFORE Topix.net
WHITHOUT TOPIX.NET ? Yes. If you are referring to all the nonsensical backbiting I read in some of these forums, then Yes. However, I realize it is unfair to assume that EVERYONE is prone to this type of behavior, yet it is prevalent.

Yet, if people were exposed to their true identities, I believe alot would never get said. What you do read, is probably leaking out of their subconsious mind, their "will" to be mean without ever giving any thought to the consequences of what they say.

Jesus also foretold the increase in crime that is experienced in all lands. He said: "Because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off."—Matthew 24:12.

Further, Bible prophecy foretold the moral collapse so evident throughout the world today: "In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power ... Wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse." (2 Timothy 3:1-13) All of that has come true right before our eyes.
ah memories

Cortland, NY

#6 Sep 17, 2007
Going to Bubble Up after church school at St. Mary's School

Northside Middle School

Being able to walk home from elementary school!!

the bike racks at Reese Road - we could do that, too!!

those were the days.....
For Real 2

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2007
Jim Cimino's Store on Palmer Street

Joe Tocco's Variety Store on Frankfort St

Plano's Market on Frankfort Street

Tamburro's Market on Frankfort Street

Uncle Joe's Tavern where all the minors hung out

The ice skating rink across the street from Northside Middle School

Mini skirts and Maxi Skirts

Girls and Guys with Afro hair-do's

Pool jumping in the neighborhood's

"below the tracks" and "the reservation" if you lived on the extensions

real live bands playing at high school dances

hanging out at the bank corner, walking back and forth from the Knight Spot to the bank corner, don't stop and sit or you'd have Police Officer Dan Spato telling you to move on....

The candy apple man that used to walk his apple cart from "below the tracks" to the high school every day

Real nun's at St. Mary's

Real Teachers like Mr. Leland, Mrs. Apgar, Mr. and Mrs. Goodale, Mr. Spina, Mrs. Foley, Mr. Gigliotti, Mr. Manion, Mr. Frank,(do you follow me people), Mr.Wallace, MRS CACCIATORE (ASDFspaceJKL;space), Miss G, and what it was like to be a REAL FRANKFORT K-N-I-G-H-T!!!!

Aaaaaahhhhhhh how the years and memories go bye!!
Where am I

Syracuse, NY

#8 Sep 17, 2007
For Real 2 wrote:
Jim Cimino's Store on Palmer Street
Joe Tocco's Variety Store on Frankfort St
Plano's Market on Frankfort Street
Tamburro's Market on Frankfort Street
Uncle Joe's Tavern where all the minors hung out
The ice skating rink across the street from Northside Middle School
Mini skirts and Maxi Skirts
Girls and Guys with Afro hair-do's
Pool jumping in the neighborhood's
"below the tracks" and "the reservation" if you lived on the extensions
real live bands playing at high school dances
hanging out at the bank corner, walking back and forth from the Knight Spot to the bank corner, don't stop and sit or you'd have Police Officer Dan Spato telling you to move on....
The candy apple man that used to walk his apple cart from "below the tracks" to the high school every day
Real nun's at St. Mary's
Real Teachers like Mr. Leland, Mrs. Apgar, Mr. and Mrs. Goodale, Mr. Spina, Mrs. Foley, Mr. Gigliotti, Mr. Manion, Mr. Frank,(do you follow me people), Mr.Wallace, MRS CACCIATORE (ASDFspaceJKL;space), Miss G, and what it was like to be a REAL FRANKFORT K-N-I-G-H-T!!!!
Aaaaaahhhhhhh how the years and memories go bye!!
YYYYYYYYYaaaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo o!! Miss Vivona, Miss Tierney, Mr Kinney, Chuck Bradbury, Mr. McMurray (we tortured that man incessantly) Music class. Those PLAYS !! OMG, some of those freshman students in those plays were riots on wheels.

Snake dances all the way through the streets up to the hilltop where there was a bonfire.

Getting kicked out of the Frankfort Pool a couple times a month.

Carmy Plano at the market. "What are you kids doin over there!!"

Those wax bottles filled with that teeth rotting juice. The wax was spit all over the streets (St. Mary's the worse) and they turned black.

Kick Ball, and WIFFLE Ball.

Playing army! Yes, we USED our imaginations. We had them back then. I want to go home...

The Christmas plays at St. Mary's. Watching Rudolph on TV (that started the Christmas season)

Any time before cell phones, answering machines, and VCR's
NATIVE

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2007
King of the Hill at St. Mary's School in the winter..the best snowbanks anywhere around!

Does anyone remember Planos' dogs names...one was Doobie...what about the other one? Hooker?

The Reggie Bar

Sister Dorothea's dog Patches...walked around the school, came into classrooms.."Good Morning Sister Dorothea!"

Sister Mary Maureen playing wiffle ball with the 7th and 8th grade boys!

Sister Mary Aiden and Fritz the leprechaun!

Going out on your bike in the morning and coming home for lunch!

Pop Warner 1983..traveling to Rhode Island for a game!
Frank DaRoogie

Syracuse, NY

#10 Sep 18, 2007
NATIVE wrote:
King of the Hill at St. Mary's School in the winter..the best snowbanks anywhere around!
Does anyone remember Planos' dogs names...one was Doobie...what about the other one? Hooker?
The Reggie Bar
Sister Dorothea's dog Patches...walked around the school, came into classrooms.."Good Morning Sister Dorothea!"
Sister Mary Maureen playing wiffle ball with the 7th and 8th grade boys!
Sister Mary Aiden and Fritz the leprechaun!
Going out on your bike in the morning and coming home for lunch!
Pop Warner 1983..traveling to Rhode Island for a game!
Coventry Rhode Island....Not 1983 tho, I'm a little older than that. More like 1973.
Yeah, I sucked in Pop Warner, till I turned what, 13 maybe? but the trip was nice.
Better Mood

Camillus, NY

#11 Jun 3, 2008
Ya those were the days not a care in the world you could go from one factory to another to get a job family picnics the fair the festival over by the coal yard.
Makes me smile just thinking about it. Mini skirts hot pants the stairs at the middle school and mini skirts nice! Mrs. Goodale!
Outdoorfan

Detroit, MI

#12 Jun 3, 2008
I think I graduated with "For Real 2" and "Where am I". Jonesy and the day that RC set his macromet Knights Helmet on fire. Teasing the french teacher for looking like a boy. Drinking with the Goodales at Whiteys (after we graduated, of course). Bringing your rifle to school on Friday because you were going out hunting for the weekend.
HPD

United States

#13 Jun 3, 2008
Thanks for those memories who ever is writing them boy they are warm memories wish we could go back to those times for these kids now, they have no clue what fun is was to be out all day come home for a meal and go back out, they'll never know that unfortunately.
some other memories

United States

#14 Jun 7, 2008
- riding bikes all day long and loving it!!

- gathering all the kids you could find to have a kickball game in the middle of 4th avenue (yes.. in the street - and we would actually move for cars)

- NorthSide Middle School where 7th and 8th graders had a chance to grow a little before entering high school - and going to "Augie's Pizzeria" for lunch.

- School teams like "field hockey", "tennis", "badminton", "boys volleyball".......

- the "Five and Dime" store....

- "Papa's Gas Station"

- "Fireman's Field Days"

- "Homecoming Floats" and how much fun they were to make.....

So many great memories... It is all so different now (some changes are for the better but most not) I just hope that our kids can look back and say the same thing "ahh... those were the good old days"..... which really is a scary thought......

I would not want to be a teenager in today's world because if these were my good old days - I can't imagine what the future holds.......
Fun Times

United States

#15 Jun 20, 2008
-sliding on Putnam's hill...and going into the creek.

-fighting with the "cake eaters".

-swimming in the Frankfort pool...one of the biggest in the state.

-Sara Piper school.

-balloon tire bikes and riding them through the streets that flooded after a good storm.

-Skowron's Market

=Lucy Dade's; still an unsolved murder.

-Barber shops

-Neighborhood cops

-Frankfort Centennial...remember the year.

-everyone having fireworks on the 4th.
TTTZ

Salt Lake City, UT

#16 Jun 21, 2008
[QUOTE who="Fun Times"
=Lucy Dade's; still an unsolved murder.

[/QUOTE]Please tell more about Lucy Dade, like when and where, etc.
still here

United States

#17 Jun 21, 2008
tommy walsh ...urgo's...the rope bridge up behind sam caiola's...father czekovski...capri pizzeria...f.a.t.s pizzeria...
Phyllis Talarico

United States

#18 Jun 21, 2008
...and you knew summer was over when you were walking down cemetary hill with your friends the last night of the herkimer county fair...

remember the ones we have lost...
dom fiorention rest in peace
jinx... rest in peace
greg allen... rest in peace
stacy weston...rest in peace
steve pez..rest in peace
mike seaver.. rest in peace
bobby ruddy...rest in peace

and to any others i may have left out....

say what you will... about this town....but when it all comes to it......people care...

phyllis talarico
Outdoorfan

Detroit, MI

#19 Jun 21, 2008
"remember the ones we have lost...
dom fiorention rest in peace
jinx... rest in peace
greg allen... rest in peace
stacy weston...rest in peace
steve pez..rest in peace
mike seaver.. rest in peace
bobby ruddy...rest in peace"

There are some names on this list I didn't know were gone.

Our prayers are with them all.
HSC

United States

#20 Jun 21, 2008
Add Barbie Caruso
Bob Elasessar

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
utica national (Jun '13) 11 min a zz wipe 531
Uticas Big Press Conference 31 min Escape from New H... 5
New Hartford schools sued over 'interrogation' ... 38 min Escape from New H... 1
Oak View Cemetery Frankfort NY (Jun '12) 19 hr JUSTHELPING 23
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 21 hr Austrian Expat 439
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Mon Who are trying to... 6,413
Where has the brown noising back stabbing fat R... Mon Natty mike 2
•••
•••
•••

Frankfort Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••