Methadone Clinic Coming To Frankfort

Methadone Clinic Coming To Frankfort

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
insanity

Frankfort, KY

#1 Oct 20, 2011
Has anyone else heard about this? Seems that the clinic in Louisville is going to be opening up a clinic in Frankfort close to the bowling alley, some time in November? I think this is insane!! Methadone is nothing more than a counter addictive drug. It is no means of helping people get off pills and opiates. I cannot believe this is legal!! What is this world and our town coming to?

Since: Oct 11

Frankfort, KY

#2 Oct 20, 2011
Have not heard about this, but I completely agree with you "insanity".
yay

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2011
Now we'll have more drug tourism in town. LOL
insanity

Frankfort, KY

#4 Oct 20, 2011
I just don't get how it's legal and why people do it? All it is is a way to still get that high but not get in trouble. There are people that get administered methadone for YEARS! Now how can someone get off of the drug when they are constantly getting it? I could understand if it was used to help ween people off of pills but that is not the case with these clinics. It truly is sad!
whatever

Herndon, VA

#5 Oct 20, 2011
This town needs more rehab facilities! Don't judge what you do not know about. People who really want help should have options in their treatment plan. Methadone is not the way I chose to get clean but to each his own. At least there are some people that want to get better & places opening up to help them. Seems to be a positive thing to me...
huh

Poplarville, MS

#6 Oct 20, 2011
Rehab gets you off the drugs. When you quit going to the clinic and withdraw from the methadone, that means you were/are addicted to the shit. Thats replacing one drug for another, doesn't help at all.
insanity

Frankfort, KY

#7 Oct 20, 2011
I'm not judging, I'm just stating the facts. SO many people abuse methadone. If people would use it for what it's intentions were then there wouldn't be so many addicts running around. If someone really and truly wants to be clean, they will do it without counter addictions!
insanity

Frankfort, KY

#8 Oct 20, 2011
huh wrote:
Rehab gets you off the drugs. When you quit going to the clinic and withdraw from the methadone, that means you were/are addicted to the shit. Thats replacing one drug for another, doesn't help at all.
Very well said, I agree!!

Since: Oct 11

Frankfort, KY

#10 Oct 20, 2011
haha wrote:
I thought it was used to ween people off other drugs? If its not being used for that then it needs to be. They need to change their policy.
I know people that have been on it for years. They all claim they don't get a high from this drug, but I know they do! I took a person I knew to treatment a couple of times and she was out of her head and sleeping for hours. There is no limit of time they can be on it. This girl has been on it for couple of years now, they have never decreased her dose, but they have increased it when she tells them she feels like using again.
jay

United States

#11 Oct 20, 2011
Methane is a maintenance drug, that means people who will not stop getting high use methane. It was originally introduced as a pain reliever for chronic pain sufferers and it is still used for that today. At methane clinics you must go there to get your dose everyday they do not give prescriptions for a purpose and that is so people do not sell it. Is rather have people going to a methane clinic then stealing from me to go buy pills off the street that they can't obtain because no doctor will prescribe them because they have no pain or for whatever other reason. Also methadone treatment compared to buying heroine and other opiate drugs like oxycodone off the street is way cheaper sap therefore there is less drug related crime not saying it stops the crime but greatly reduces it.
jay

United States

#12 Oct 20, 2011
Sorry methadone I hate autocorrect on smart phones
MDone Doctor

Frankfort, KY

#13 Oct 20, 2011
jay wrote:
Methane is a maintenance drug, that means people who will not stop getting high use methane. It was originally introduced as a pain reliever for chronic pain sufferers and it is still used for that today. At methane clinics you must go there to get your dose everyday they do not give prescriptions for a purpose and that is so people do not sell it. Is rather have people going to a methane clinic then stealing from me to go buy pills off the street that they can't obtain because no doctor will prescribe them because they have no pain or for whatever other reason. Also methadone treatment compared to buying heroine and other opiate drugs like oxycodone off the street is way cheaper sap therefore there is less drug related crime not saying it stops the crime but greatly reduces it.
Ok, some of you'll have only part or half of the facts!
Fact #1; Yes, methadone is highly addictive. But, after being on a maintiness dose for about three months, then the body gets use to that dose & it no longers causes a high!

Fact #2; The ultimate goal is to taper after the maintiness dose has been achieved. What I mean by maintiness is the amount of drug it takes to keep an addict from suffering withdrawals!

Fact #3; Methadone is a once a day long lasting opiate that is very cheap & what it does is let an addict feel normal ( after the maintiness dose is achieved) and able to hold down a job & earn money to support his family & pay bills. Don't kid yourselves, the government would not allow this drug just to let an addict stay high all the time. It works!

Fact #4; When an addict is working & making money & not having to worry where his next fix is coming from, then WE ALL BENEFIT!
That person is not having to commit crimes to pay high street pices & we are not having to spend more money jailing them & supporting their family through welfare!

Fact #5; Methadone is dangerous to the uneducated street users & has killed lots of people who just didn't know that the drug doesn't mix well with any other downer type drugs, alcohol or even antihistamines! However, it has saved a hell of a lot of lives by keeping people from the constant Peak & Bottom out stages that they go through several times a day & utimately overdoses, goes to jail or grave.

People, your'lls town is over ran with addictions & your jail is not holding all the offenders & your'lls sheriff has proven that he doesn't know about drugs & just trying to look like a savior1 He doesn't know the difference between an addict & a dealer. He treats them all the same & that is just plain wrong!

Even though he has arrested a lot of offenders, violent crime has risen! Now ask yourself, were those addict really bothering you & did he really make Frankfort safer. Be honest!
It's cheaper to help, then punish because in the end the taxpayers are footing the bill!

Lexington has more than ten times the people that Frankfor has & yet Frankfort leads in serious crimes per. capita. It's your town, fight it the way you want too. If you are serious, then you would do what is right & not what is popular & costly!
truth to it

United States

#14 Oct 21, 2011
I find it to be so hypocritical that these people say it's insane and it's crazy and all the 'druggies' should basically go to hell ..... UNTIL IT'S YOUR CHILD. and then you are going to want to blame the drug dealer and so one. Truth to it is, that yes it is the faults of those that take the first hit, but no one truely understand addiction unless you have been there. No one could possibly understand the physical pain as well as the emotional pain that it causes someone. 99 times out of a 100, when it's your child or loved one that faces the sickness, for some reason it's not 'to hell with them all' ... its you doing everything you can to help. The judgements you have passed on others, now you are enabling another. I just don't think anyone should judge or even think they have a right to speak on it, unless you have been there. It is the worst physical pain you could imagine, and a emotional journey.
BullShift

Frankfort, KY

#15 Oct 21, 2011
MDone Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, some of you'll have only part or half of the facts!
Fact #1; Yes, methadone is highly addictive. But, after being on a maintiness dose for about three months, then the body gets use to that dose & it no longers causes a high!
Fact #2; The ultimate goal is to taper after the maintiness dose has been achieved. What I mean by maintiness is the amount of drug it takes to keep an addict from suffering withdrawals!
Fact #3; Methadone is a once a day long lasting opiate that is very cheap & what it does is let an addict feel normal ( after the maintiness dose is achieved) and able to hold down a job & earn money to support his family & pay bills. Don't kid yourselves, the government would not allow this drug just to let an addict stay high all the time. It works!
Fact #4; When an addict is working & making money & not having to worry where his next fix is coming from, then WE ALL BENEFIT!
That person is not having to commit crimes to pay high street pices & we are not having to spend more money jailing them & supporting their family through welfare!
Fact #5; Methadone is dangerous to the uneducated street users & has killed lots of people who just didn't know that the drug doesn't mix well with any other downer type drugs, alcohol or even antihistamines! However, it has saved a hell of a lot of lives by keeping people from the constant Peak & Bottom out stages that they go through several times a day & utimately overdoses, goes to jail or grave.
People, your'lls town is over ran with addictions & your jail is not holding all the offenders & your'lls sheriff has proven that he doesn't know about drugs & just trying to look like a savior1 He doesn't know the difference between an addict & a dealer. He treats them all the same & that is just plain wrong!
Even though he has arrested a lot of offenders, violent crime has risen! Now ask yourself, were those addict really bothering you & did he really make Frankfort safer. Be honest!
It's cheaper to help, then punish because in the end the taxpayers are footing the bill!
Lexington has more than ten times the people that Frankfor has & yet Frankfort leads in serious crimes per. capita. It's your town, fight it the way you want too. If you are serious, then you would do what is right & not what is popular & costly!
You claim to be a doctor and can't even spell maintenance? Come on now. If all of the Methadone doctors are like you then no f-ing wonder so many are on the sh!t! All Methadone, Suboxone and other drugs like that are is a crutch for weak minded people that wont stop doing the pills. It's all about the buzz. I've been there so no need to tell me that it's an addiction that you can't stop. I don't care what drug you are addicted to, if you want off it, you will stop. And until the user decides that they want to quit, no matter what other kind of "maintenance drug" they take, they will not stop. And another thing, Methadone clinics are not cheap like you say. You may be right about one thing, the addicts won't be stealing for pills off the street. They will be stealing to get money to give you idiots at the clinic for their next buzz. Methadone clinics are no better than the people on the streets selling pills. They both have what you want and are gonna take your money to give it to you. The doctors and people running those clinics should be in jail with all of the other drug dealers.
theQB

Frankfort, KY

#16 Oct 21, 2011
whatever wrote:
This town needs more rehab facilities! Don't judge what you do not know about. People who really want help should have options in their treatment plan. Methadone is not the way I chose to get clean but to each his own. At least there are some people that want to get better & places opening up to help them. Seems to be a positive thing to me...
i dont see a dan thing positive about it, methadone is just another drug for all the damn druggies in frankfort to get easier, their is nothing good about it at all, i guess it will make it easier for you to get your drugs.
insanity

Frankfort, KY

#17 Oct 21, 2011
truth to it wrote:
I find it to be so hypocritical that these people say it's insane and it's crazy and all the 'druggies' should basically go to hell ..... UNTIL IT'S YOUR CHILD. and then you are going to want to blame the drug dealer and so one. Truth to it is, that yes it is the faults of those that take the first hit, but no one truely understand addiction unless you have been there. No one could possibly understand the physical pain as well as the emotional pain that it causes someone. 99 times out of a 100, when it's your child or loved one that faces the sickness, for some reason it's not 'to hell with them all'... its you doing everything you can to help. The judgements you have passed on others, now you are enabling another. I just don't think anyone should judge or even think they have a right to speak on it, unless you have been there. It is the worst physical pain you could imagine, and a emotional journey.
For one, I'm sorry you got all defensive but you clearly didn't read everything. I did not judge nor say that anyone should go to hell. And for your information, I do have a loved one and a best friend that have been addicted to pills and I still think methadone is wrong, especially the way it is used in these clinics. To administer it for a short period of time in order to help one come off of drugs is one thing, to administer it for a long period of time, to not lower dosage, to increase dosage, and to do this for years, THAT IS WRONG! That is in no way helping anyone!! They are still on drugs! If someone wants to quick something they can do it without counter using. It's called self control and determination.
theQB

Frankfort, KY

#18 Oct 21, 2011
jay wrote:
Methane is a maintenance drug, that means people who will not stop getting high use methane. It was originally introduced as a pain reliever for chronic pain sufferers and it is still used for that today. At methane clinics you must go there to get your dose everyday they do not give prescriptions for a purpose and that is so people do not sell it. Is rather have people going to a methane clinic then stealing from me to go buy pills off the street that they can't obtain because no doctor will prescribe them because they have no pain or for whatever other reason. Also methadone treatment compared to buying heroine and other opiate drugs like oxycodone off the street is way cheaper sap therefore there is less drug related crime not saying it stops the crime but greatly reduces it.
you are so full of sh*t, there is more crime here due to all the pill heads in this town, you are an iddiot if you think it lowers the crime rate, take a look out side.its every where and its mostly the damn drug heads.
theQB

Frankfort, KY

#19 Oct 21, 2011
BullShift wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be a doctor and can't even spell maintenance? Come on now. If all of the Methadone doctors are like you then no f-ing wonder so many are on the sh!t! All Methadone, Suboxone and other drugs like that are is a crutch for weak minded people that wont stop doing the pills. It's all about the buzz. I've been there so no need to tell me that it's an addiction that you can't stop. I don't care what drug you are addicted to, if you want off it, you will stop. And until the user decides that they want to quit, no matter what other kind of "maintenance drug" they take, they will not stop. And another thing, Methadone clinics are not cheap like you say. You may be right about one thing, the addicts won't be stealing for pills off the street. They will be stealing to get money to give you idiots at the clinic for their next buzz. Methadone clinics are no better than the people on the streets selling pills. They both have what you want and are gonna take your money to give it to you. The doctors and people running those clinics should be in jail with all of the other drug dealers.
i agree 100%, well said!!!
huh

United States

#20 Oct 21, 2011
Sobriety is a struggle, its the harder road to take. But, methadone is NOT sobriety it is a crutch. It is replacing one addiction for another. Withdrawing is a way of your body cleansing of all the poison that has been pump into it. It sucks and it is awful. But its a natural process with illegal drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, nicotine. No its not easy to quit, that's why its called addiction. But people like easy fixes, that's why we have methadone clinics. Sobriety is detoxing, residential treatment, halfway houses, outpatient treatment, NA/AA, working the programs and changing your life, your friends and the way you live. A hard road but worth it in the end.
sure

Frankfort, KY

#21 Oct 21, 2011
katie should be very happy to hear this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min TrumpMan 149,677
Tackle Box (Jul '15) 43 min Bootyliuos 79
The Town Critic Challenge (Apr '15) 4 hr Town Critic 13
Stupid Baby Momma's that don't respect ANYTHING... (Jun '12) 4 hr Town Critic 39
I Never Knew how much Racism there was in Frank... (Feb '13) 5 hr Town Critic 104
Dwayne Wainscott first degree robbery 6 hr amb 1
Will the real Milan van zuyne please stand up 6 hr Boytoy 2
State Journal Article 7 hr GOTCHA 13

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages