Budda at Frankfort Cemetery

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Visitor

AOL

#1 Dec 25, 2012
Drove thru today and saw a Budda statue. I thought there were guidelines on what can be done there.
Just Asking

Louisville, KY

#2 Dec 25, 2012
What is your point? I just want to know. Thank you.
Visitor

AOL

#3 Dec 26, 2012
I was just wondering what it stood for?
maybe
#4 Dec 26, 2012
I think what you may have seen was a lifesize of a young man who passed away of cancer. Its him sitting crossed legged. You should get out and go look. It seems like he was very loved. We should all be so lucky.
In the Know

United States

#5 Dec 26, 2012
Also, there is a icon that if you scan it on your phone or go to the website you can see how loved he was by his family. The statue is an exact replica of him. By the way, his name is Dale.
stay away

Frankfort, KY

#6 Dec 26, 2012
I am sorry that he had to pass, but my son is buried in The Frankfort Cemetery and they JUST had to remove our expressions of love from his grave and it was no where as terrible looking as this statue. It is like everything else in Frankfort some people can do whatever they want and others don't have a chance. Whatever!!
SadMom

United States

#7 Dec 26, 2012
I've never seen the statue, but agree that Frankfort Cemetery is indeed less than understanding of people who are grieving from the loss of a loved one. I buried my son and went back the next day to everything we left graveside gone. How rude and heartless of you people. Shame on you!
Hurt Mom

United States

#8 Dec 27, 2012
I am shocked at this post. My daughter is in Frankfort Cemetery also. It is such a painful loss, many days nearly unbearable. I can not believe that someone started this post. Come on people, if those of you that say you have have lost a child really have then you should be aware of the pain these parents have gone thru. My heart aches for any parent that has lost a child. Can we all just be nice?? If you would like to create some type of memorial for your child please go to the office and discuss it with the people that take care of the cemetery. I have found them to be very nice. We should all try to help and support each other having experienced this horrible pain....we certainly should not pick on other families on this sight.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#9 Dec 27, 2012
And what would be the problem of a statue of Buddha? Dont you know that people have the right to freedom of religion, and freedom from yours?
Well

Frankfort, KY

#10 Dec 28, 2012
In what section is this life sized statue?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#11 Dec 28, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
And what would be the problem of a statue of Buddha? Dont you know that people have the right to freedom of religion, and freedom from yours?
WOW, some one judged my comment about freedom of religion as mean, hey if you hate freedom, if you hate the Constitution, if you hate every one having the same rights you do then you hate America and what America stands for. Maybe you should move to Iran

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#12 Dec 28, 2012
Hurt Mom wrote:
I am shocked at this post. My daughter is in Frankfort Cemetery also. It is such a painful loss, many days nearly unbearable. I can not believe that someone started this post. Come on people, if those of you that say you have have lost a child really have then you should be aware of the pain these parents have gone thru. My heart aches for any parent that has lost a child. Can we all just be nice?? If you would like to create some type of memorial for your child please go to the office and discuss it with the people that take care of the cemetery. I have found them to be very nice. We should all try to help and support each other having experienced this horrible pain....we certainly should not pick on other families on this sight.
Well said. My wife lost her son when he was 5. If I choose to spend money on a memorial it is not any one elses place to say that I can not just because they are christians and a statue of a child sitting down is wrong
SadMom

United States

#13 Dec 28, 2012
My concerns had nothing to do with the lil guys statue. My problems are with Frankfort Cemetery.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#14 Dec 28, 2012
SadMom wrote:
My concerns had nothing to do with the lil guys statue. My problems are with Frankfort Cemetery.
Well yes, they do not even keep the grounds nice
maybe
#15 Dec 28, 2012
It is as soon as you come in. Its hard to miss.
Boone

United States

#16 Dec 28, 2012
You have to drive right past it when you leave the cemetery. I think it's beautiful and a wonderful tribute to a families' son.
yes

Frankfort, KY

#17 Dec 28, 2012
maybe me a miss understanding, but this was belief a life size statue was
Budha, and most funerals are done by the church, i haven't seen many not done by a catholic or baptist priest giving the last rights. anyways the person may have been offended a little seeing this statue if she had no idea it was gonna be there next her child or family members site. yes we all have loved ones there, this maybe a memorial to that lost love but we to also got to think about others who may be passing by to visit there loved ones, maybe blocking that grave or just the sight of it, i mean if we go put out a huge statue of something not of jesus or of the bible i am sure some one will ask for it to be removed but if we ask for budha to be removed that is wrong cause we are christian folk. but that is my rant about this silly topic.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#18 Dec 28, 2012
yes wrote:
maybe me a miss understanding, but this was belief a life size statue was
Budha, and most funerals are done by the church, i haven't seen many not done by a catholic or baptist priest giving the last rights. anyways the person may have been offended a little seeing this statue if she had no idea it was gonna be there next her child or family members site. yes we all have loved ones there, this maybe a memorial to that lost love but we to also got to think about others who may be passing by to visit there loved ones, maybe blocking that grave or just the sight of it, i mean if we go put out a huge statue of something not of jesus or of the bible i am sure some one will ask for it to be removed but if we ask for budha to be removed that is wrong cause we are christian folk. but that is my rant about this silly topic.
What if a jewish family wanted the removal of all christian things? After all America was founded on freedom for every one, and christians do not get special rights. If I wanted a statue of Beelzebub on my grave that would be non of your business because burial plots are not public property.
By your reasoning every cross that I can see must be torn down as they are offensive reminders of a cruel form of killing people

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#19 Dec 28, 2012
Oh, and no America is not a democracy, it is and always has been a republic.
You do not have special rights no others do not have. And no, America was never a christian nation.
http://www.tektonics.org/qt/tripoli.html
http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers...
loving mother

Mokena, IL

#20 Dec 28, 2012
I walk through the cemetery daily and i find alot of peace in this tribute.... i have spoken with the family of this young man whom are there quite often to tend to his grave or just setvwith him. I have also lost a son and if i could just see him smile one more time..... the statue is. Him smiling forever... if u font like it dont look at it....... leave him and them ALONE.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min usa 153,845
IF the South had won my rebel flag would b wort... 1 hr Ex Republican 5
Matt Bevins is Bad for KY 1 hr Ex Republican 2
bald knob haunted school 1 hr curious 1
There is a Fake Town Critc Causing Trouble Roun... 3 hr Town Critic 9
Trump Trump Trump praise almighty Trump !!!!! 3 hr Dewayne 29
She knows i lick the coochie wit precesion jord... 3 hr wtf 3

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance