First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harry

Lawrenceburg, KY

#1 Sep 26, 2012
KSU is the only college in Ky that brings a city down instead of helping the city, wonder why?
Here is why

Frankfort, KY

#3 Sep 27, 2012
I read this is in an article in a national magazine. No, I don't remember which one, but it was Time, Newsweek, or one like that. You can Google the college crime statistics to verify if you want. Kentucky State is tied for first out of all the medium-sized colleges and universities for the most violent crime reported and the most crime in general. I have two friends that are on the police force there, and the say that a lot of crime is hushed up by the administration. Also, at the end of each semester the students destroy huge parts of the dorms and there is always a big rush to get them repaired before the next semester. KSU takes in too many students that are unqualified for any other college.
By the way, before anyone gets any ideas about what I'm trying to point out, KSU is tied for first whith an almost all white private school. They are there mostly there because of a high rate of sexual assault. Thugs be thugs no matter what the color of their skin.
So, please don't get on here bashing all black people because of the actions of a few. Whoever started this thread I'm sure wants people to bash blacks. KSU just needs to recruit a better qualified student.
Harry

Lawrenceburg, KY

#4 Sep 27, 2012
Here is why wrote:
I read this is in an article in a national magazine. No, I don't remember which one, but it was Time, Newsweek, or one like that. You can Google the college crime statistics to verify if you want. Kentucky State is tied for first out of all the medium-sized colleges and universities for the most violent crime reported and the most crime in general. I have two friends that are on the police force there, and the say that a lot of crime is hushed up by the administration. Also, at the end of each semester the students destroy huge parts of the dorms and there is always a big rush to get them repaired before the next semester. KSU takes in too many students that are unqualified for any other college.
By the way, before anyone gets any ideas about what I'm trying to point out, KSU is tied for first whith an almost all white private school. They are there mostly there because of a high rate of sexual assault. Thugs be thugs no matter what the color of their skin.
So, please don't get on here bashing all black people because of the actions of a few. Whoever started this thread I'm sure wants people to bash blacks. KSU just needs to recruit a better qualified student.
I agree thugs are thugs. There are alot more white thugs in Ky, just due to population demographics. Its just sad. Look at Centre College, Berea College etc. These schools build up the cities not tear it down like KSU.
junkman

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2012
what i had been told was that alot of the male students are chicago drug dealers..not sure if its true but thats the word on the street...
apoco

Frankfort, KY

#6 Sep 27, 2012
The only time KSU branches out into the city is when they need funding to build a pointless digital sign or that ridiculous arch way.
great college

Louisville, KY

#7 Sep 27, 2012
I think it's a great college :)
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#8 Sep 27, 2012
Take away KSU and many businesses will suffer. The only reason Frankfort is expanding is because of the need for variety expressed by state workers and KSU students. Hate it or love it, KSU contributes to the financial growth of many local businesses. That might be over your head a little bit.
K-state

Versailles, KY

#9 Sep 28, 2012
Don't take away KSU, just take away it's 1890 HBCU designation. We are past the need to have a UK land grant program and a KSU land grant program 30 miles apart; it is unecessary duplication based on segregation of the past.

If it were a community college or just a regional college you would have the same students qualifying for the same Pell Grants and Federal Loans that put money in the community. What you wouldn't have are the thugs from Gary, IN or Chicago. Your retention rate, graduation rate and recruitment ability would all take off.

Frankfort would improve as a result and look more like Murray, Georgetown, Danville, or Bowling Green. Imagine Frankfort with a legitmate 4-year university with a vibrant student body and athletics program! Wow! I need to stop dreaming!
commonsense
#10 Sep 29, 2012
I am black and I see why people get on here and call us names like monkies because we have a college of over half african americans that act like it everywhere they go.... They cant rent places because they destroy what they touch. Ok I am lost why are you going to college? and why kstate? is it because no other college would take you and this was you last stop lol. kstate used to be a respectable school now its not its filled with a bunch of animals....... If kstate was to close I am sure bussinesses would continue to do just fine, and posiably even better, KSTATE IS NO SCHOOL I WOULD CHOOSE.....
whocares

United States

#11 Sep 30, 2012
Still no need to call blacks monkeys and it is not the school that's the problem. It's some of the people. A lot students are from out of state. You have students from cities like chicago, detroit, indianapolis, etc that bring the drama down here. The mentality has the change and the behavior. If they were doing it there and don't change then they are gonna do it here. If they link up together then there is more chaos. Not everyone is like that and KSU does a lot more positive things than you all are mentioning. UK and UL has drama as well. We just only here about the good.
commonsense
#12 Sep 30, 2012
Ok I see your point because other colleges has drama to, and like you said you only here the good things. Kstate is the college that has the worst reputation due to their students. The students have no respect, and they act like everyone owns them everything.. Everyone is subject to their own oppinions and I am going to state mine. I am black and I understand why people get on these sites and call people at Kstate monkeys because they act like animals. You act like what you want to be treated......
whocares wrote:
Still no need to call blacks monkeys and it is not the school that's the problem. It's some of the people. A lot students are from out of state. You have students from cities like chicago, detroit, indianapolis, etc that bring the drama down here. The mentality has the change and the behavior. If they were doing it there and don't change then they are gonna do it here. If they link up together then there is more chaos. Not everyone is like that and KSU does a lot more positive things than you all are mentioning. UK and UL has drama as well. We just only here about the good.
Jailer

Frankfort, KY

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Reality wrote:
Take away KSU and many businesses will suffer. The only reason Frankfort is expanding is because of the need for variety expressed by state workers and KSU students. Hate it or love it, KSU contributes to the financial growth of many local businesses. That might be over your head a little bit.
Yes they do contribute by keeping the police buddy and the jail full.....lol
American

United States

#14 Oct 2, 2012
What's really sad is how they raise the tuitions on the kids but they waste money building a stupid arch at the entrance.
TheDude

United States

#15 Oct 2, 2012
Y'all sure are hard on KSU, but I check the jail website every morning before work. The majority of the folks getting arrested here are NOT KSU students. Look for yourselves....
In the News

Versailles, KY

#16 Oct 2, 2012
This was just posted this morning:

CHICAGO (AP)- A misdemeanor battery charge was filed against a Kentucky State University quarterback accused of groping a housekeeper at a Chicago hotel.

Martez James was arrested prior to Saturday's Chicago Football Classic, where his team played Albany State University at Soldier Field, a game won by the Golden Rams.

Chicago Police spokesman Officer Daniel O'Brien says the 22-year-old senior was released prior to the game, but his mother, Rita James, says her son wasn't allowed to play.

The police report indicates James entered a room where the housekeeper was working and rubbed his body against hers. The woman notified hotel staff and police.

Thorobreds head coach Wayne Dickens wasn't available for comment Monday. But Rita James told the Chicago Tribune she would "put my life on it that's she's lying."

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
truth

United States

#17 Oct 2, 2012
Admin helps students cheat on act and sat and other test that help or reflect on school.
KSU Alum

Frankfort, KY

#18 Oct 3, 2012
I would like to see more of an emphasis being place on recruiting in state students.
Gtgoh

United States

#20 Oct 7, 2012
How the he'll do Kstate help stiludents cheat on act and sat. That's just damn dumb. Look at crime at uk burning proprty etc. Fraternity at Georgetown college hung a black student and said he committed suicide a cover up. Fact when KSU is out for summer everything slows down profit at yearly low. Stores close early. Kstate brings money to this town. Without it would not be growing.
truth

United States

#21 Oct 8, 2012
People get paid to take the test. Admin know its not the actual person and lets them take the test.
Know firsthand

Frankfort, KY

#22 Oct 8, 2012
Reality wrote:
The students at KSU run up bills at local small businesses in Frankfort that never get paid. Does that help our economy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm going to heaven......You're NOT. 3 min Decent Woman 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Strel 163,536
cove spring 29 min BkL 9
Real women dont need a man 55 min Jack Money 4
Jerry Springer April 6th 1 hr cam 23
Ice is here 2 hr Fake wtf 12
I hate people 2 hr Bill Idol 5
Capitol Vandalism 3 hr Marcus 22

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages