Best football players to graduate WHHS
whatever

Frankfort, KY

#43 Jan 26, 2012
There were a lot of good football players that played for WHHS, but unless you were a coach favorite you didn't get any recognition. My son played for 4 years and played as good as the others, but there was no encouragement from the coaching staff. He went through 3 coaches in 4 years whiched really stinks. The big problem with WHHS is unless you kiss butt and become the coaches pet you might as well forget about working yourself into the ground at practice. It doesn't matter how hard you work out.
Black momba

United States

#44 Jan 26, 2012
ol boy wrote:
<quoted text>
bob head, jay barber, layne wilkerson, mark barret, mike woods, andre smith, kenny and donnie atha, john keene, dylan curry, mike woodson, pat wells, joe stomberg, todd robinson, kenny wilkerson, bryce and noel caldwell, the rhody brothers, neil hart, jason blackburn, steve gullett, more i can't think of...
wow you for got about James Washington, I watched just about all them play
yeah right

United States

#45 Jan 26, 2012
whatever wrote:
There were a lot of good football players that played for WHHS, but unless you were a coach favorite you didn't get any recognition. My son played for 4 years and played as good as the others, but there was no encouragement from the coaching staff. He went through 3 coaches in 4 years whiched really stinks. The big problem with WHHS is unless you kiss butt and become the coaches pet you might as well forget about working yourself into the ground at practice. It doesn't matter how hard you work out.
Why else do you think WH was created? The sole purpose of WH existence is so the west side parents can have a place for their kids to play. There have been quite a few good players from the west side that could have contributed to championships if WH never existed. Otherwise like said before, WH sports history sucks. ALways has and always will.
What most don't realize is that you can live anywhere in Franklin County and go to any school in the county. You must apply first and waive your transportation rights. There are quite a few students who live on the west side and go to FCHS. You'll never beat them so why not join them? We're all better together anyway.
funny

Frankfort, KY

#46 Feb 5, 2012
i got f***** all through out my western hill football career its all politics there and thats why they will always fail at a winning season .... i didnt play much my seniors year but now im on a semi pro team in texas ..funny how that works...if you have a son that loves football and has true talent dont send him there
curious

Frankfort, KY

#47 Feb 5, 2012
Dylan Curry wasn't let go. He chose to leave and go to Ball State. But it's true. If you aren't a coaches kid or a favorite, you don't play much at all. Went through it four years with my son. And yes the coaches do pick favorites. Which is unfortunate because their is some good talent that gets wastes sitting on the bench. One kid (no names because they are kids) went to his daddy and said if he didn't play him as a receiver, he would quit. Of course daddy made him a receiver and I think my dog could catch better then him.
hockensmiths

Whiting, IN

#48 Feb 6, 2012
Brian & Mark Hockensmith were the best players WHHS ever had!
fat cows

Frankfort, KY

#49 Feb 6, 2012
hockensmiths wrote:
Brian & Mark Hockensmith were the best players WHHS ever had!
Mark and Brian are lard a$$ cowards
WHHS ALUM

Georgetown, KY

#50 Feb 6, 2012
I am gonna say the 3 best players to ever play @ WHHS played in the 80's. Jerry Perry,Michael Crowdus,and Mark Barrett.
Wtf

United States

#51 Feb 6, 2012
I will agree with Mark Hockensmith being good. The best, not so much. But Brian? Really come one. No where close. Mark was a beast. Bob Head was awsome. 1992 seniors were a great team.
shiz

Whiting, IN

#52 Feb 6, 2012
Wtf wrote:
I will agree with Mark Hockensmith being good. The best, not so much. But Brian? Really come one. No where close. Mark was a beast. Bob Head was awsome. 1992 seniors were a great team.
I don't agree with any of the above. Especially the 2 biggest crooks in Frankfort. WHHS has yet to produce a stellar player. It's all in the coaches & coaching, another thing WHHS has lacked in the past 30 years. Bob Head was not that great.
yeah right

United States

#53 Feb 6, 2012
Jerry Perry only played 1 year at WH because of the split. He shouldn't be included because his best football was played at FCHS. Michael Crowdus was very good in the middle 80's. Barrett looked good because his teams sucked.
whhs alum

Clarksville, TN

#54 Feb 6, 2012
yeah right wrote:
Jerry Perry only played 1 year at WH because of the split. He shouldn't be included because his best football was played at FCHS. Michael Crowdus was very good in the middle 80's. Barrett looked good because his teams sucked.
I agree his best ball was at FCHS but you have to include a 2 time all state selection who was a major player on 2 of FCHS teams that made it to semi/quarters state previous 2 yrs. Also Barretts teams may have sucked but not many teams in the 32 yr existance have been any good. I think they have had 3 winning teams in the schools existance. I stick with these 3.
HellNo

Frankfort, KY

#55 Feb 6, 2012
They can't even win a District Championship in their entire history! I can't even count to 1 on this one.
Wtf

United States

#56 Feb 6, 2012
District was won in 92
truth

Frankfort, KY

#57 Feb 6, 2012
John Keene is a contender. Man was a beast on the field and went on to kill at Georgetown too.
yeah right

United States

#58 Feb 7, 2012
Not so sure they actually won the District Championship in 1992. Someone should confirm that. It's so sad you could only count 1 (possibly) championship. 32 years of embarrasment to this community. It will not change any time soon either.
really

Frankfort, KY

#59 Feb 7, 2012
I thought this was about graduated players not a WHHS slam fest. My son goes to WHHS, plays football for them too. He is not over priveleged as we are a middle class family. WHHS does put more emphasis on education than sports. Isn't that what we want for our kids a good education? But come on guys, these are kids your bashing. Really does this make you a better person to bash a football program and teenaged boys. I root for all frankfort schools. Yes, WHHS is my favorite when they play each other, but hey that's where my kid plays.
And I have to add I'm a FCHS graduate.
NoWayJose

Frankfort, KY

#60 Feb 7, 2012
Wtf wrote:
District was won in 92
No they didn't, you're wrong, SOL.
cry me a river

United States

#61 Feb 7, 2012
really wrote:
I thought this was about graduated players not a WHHS slam fest. My son goes to WHHS, plays football for them too. He is not over priveleged as we are a middle class family. WHHS does put more emphasis on education than sports. Isn't that what we want for our kids a good education? But come on guys, these are kids your bashing. Really does this make you a better person to bash a football program and teenaged boys. I root for all frankfort schools. Yes, WHHS is my favorite when they play each other, but hey that's where my kid plays.
And I have to add I'm a FCHS graduate.
Blah blah blah...
wow

Frankfort, KY

#63 Feb 7, 2012
lol wrote:
whhs does not emphasize more than any other school, the kids just suck over there. The west side is different from the east and south. The kids at whhs are SOFT!!!!!! I cant think of one person i know who i respected as an athlete. Nick Snyder had heart but no talent. And he only had heart started out playing on the east side. Sorry hills gets no respect and they havent earned any. If you take your kid to hills its cuz he couldnt play for county or high! point blank period....NEXT TOPIC
Your out of your mind. John Keene smashed county his senior year. First play of the game 90 yard kick return touchdown. First offensive possession 85 yard hand off touchdown. He was better than any of flyer on the field and that goes for high too who never plays any real competition considering they play in the cabbage patch league. Learn your facts kid.. Lemme guess you never played sports before, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt bevins fold the cards 36 min Things To Ponder 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min now 148,939
Is God Gender fluid? 2 hr wtf 4
Comments on State Journal 2 hr LawLess 92
Are Robert and Amy Hollon related? 2 hr Trash 4
Coming & Going at all hours: Indian Hills 6 hr Neighborhood Watch 5
Thieves on Mount Zion Road 6 hr Flatcreek 22
Moter cycle wreck 127 7 hr Dirk Knifley 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages