Remote car starter installers

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
where

Frankfort, KY

#1 Dec 8, 2011
Where is a good place to get a remote car starter installed? At a reasonable price.
John

Frankfort, KY

#2 Dec 8, 2011
Don't go to KY Pro-Tint is all I can say for sure. Reallly bad place.
Big Bad Wolf

Frankfort, KY

#3 Dec 9, 2011
Final Touch Crew.
where

Frankfort, KY

#4 Dec 9, 2011
I've called around a few places. Figured there would be some Christmas specials, but apparantly not. Everywhere I've called is $200 or more. That's pretty expensive.
Haha

Waddy, KY

#5 Dec 11, 2011
where wrote:
I've called around a few places. Figured there would be some Christmas specials, but apparantly not. Everywhere I've called is $200 or more. That's pretty expensive.
ur probably a pill head !
where

Frankfort, KY

#6 Dec 12, 2011
Haha wrote:
<quoted text> ur probably a pill head !
No, I'm not a pillhead...dumn@$$. Why do you say that? Looking to buy a gift for Christmas...dum@$$.... Not everyone in this town is a pillhead. Are you?
SuckeredbyPT

Frankfort, KY

#7 Dec 12, 2011
where wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not a pillhead...dumn@$$. Why do you say that? Looking to buy a gift for Christmas...dum@$$.... Not everyone in this town is a pillhead. Are you?
I would second that post above about Pro Tints. Don't go there, they do shabby work and if you have a problem with their work, they will argue you down that it is not their fault your stuff no longer works. We spent a little over $100, which really is not much when I think about the hundreds of dollars I could have lost. It was a lesson learned for me.
NeverGoToPT

Frankfort, KY

#9 Feb 11, 2012
Pro Tints will rip you off BIG TIME. I paid over $200 Christmas a year ago for an automatic car starter. It no longer works. They wanted $50 just to look for the problem. We told them it was covered by the warranty. Their response was that the labor to find the problem is not covered by the warranty. RUN AWAY FROM KY PRO TINTS.
floratab

United States

#10 Feb 11, 2012
I can do it for you for $100, unless you car is a stick shift.
Help

Frankfort, KY

#11 Feb 11, 2012
You can buy the hardware for around $60-$75.
I have installed about 4 of them over the years for family. I would be happy to if the price is right.
Brian

Waddy, KY

#12 Feb 11, 2012
I also had a bad experience at KY Pro Tint. I won't be back. They were supposed to call me to fix the problem and never even bothered to call. Never again.

God help me if I ever need warranty service.
just tooo lazy

Frankfort, KY

#13 Feb 12, 2012
Sad world, when your too lazy to start your car.?! Geeez be thankful you have a car to start.! Reality check
Bill

Waddy, KY

#14 Feb 12, 2012
just tooo lazy wrote:
Sad world, when your too lazy to start your car.?! Geeez be thankful you have a car to start.! Reality check
You're dumb. There are valid reasons for a car starter, stupid.
just tooo lazy

Frankfort, KY

#15 Feb 12, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>You're dumb. There are valid reasons for a car starter, stupid.
only dumb people call people dumb!
Valid reason to start your car, why can't you start your car?
just tooo lazy

Frankfort, KY

#16 Feb 12, 2012
Note, if your car doesn't start with a key, then Hint hint, it won't start with a remote car starter either. Even a girl knows that.!;)
Bill

Waddy, KY

#17 Feb 13, 2012
just tooo lazy wrote:
<quoted text>
only dumb people call people dumb!
Valid reason to start your car, why can't you start your car?
No, smart people call dumb people dumb... often.

A valid reason: for those of us who actually have a JOB, we are sometimes in a rush in the morning and need the car to defrost, so we can start it from the house while we're getting ready, and have it defrosted before we get outside. Especially when we're getting our kids ready for school, fixing breakfast, and getting for work ourselves.

I'm sure because your lazy ass is laying inside in bed until lunchtime, you have no concept of how helpful that is.
just tooo lazy

Washington, DC

#18 Feb 13, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>No, smart people call dumb people dumb... often.

A valid reason: for those of us who actually have a JOB, we are sometimes in a rush in the morning and need the car to defrost, so we can start it from the house while we're getting ready, and have it defrosted before we get outside. Especially when we're getting our kids ready for school, fixing breakfast, and getting for work ourselves.

I'm sure because your lazy ass is laying inside in bed until lunchtime, you have no concept of how helpful that is.
unfortunate I am a not a lazy person I'm a mother of 4, I'm very intelligent with a 4 yr Biology degree, and I own a car. If I'm not mistaking it is against the law to leave your car running without someone inside of it. You criminal!
You never gave another valid reason for a remote car starter besides to start your car, point proven it is a lazy mans world. You should wake up earlier to have enough time to walk outside and start you'r car, manual labor never hurt no body.!
And why complain when you know a vehicle is not designed to start without a key or operator and you want to blame the person that installed it. Sad operator if I was your car I would run away.!;) just sayin
Bill

Waddy, KY

#19 Feb 13, 2012
just tooo lazy wrote:
<quoted text>
unfortunate I am a not a lazy person I'm a mother of 4, I'm very intelligent with a 4 yr Biology degree, and I own a car. If I'm not mistaking it is against the law to leave your car running without someone inside of it. You criminal!
You never gave another valid reason for a remote car starter besides to start your car, point proven it is a lazy mans world. You should wake up earlier to have enough time to walk outside and start you'r car, manual labor never hurt no body.!
And why complain when you know a vehicle is not designed to start without a key or operator and you want to blame the person that installed it. Sad operator if I was your car I would run away.!;) just sayin
Well, Mrs. Intelligence, you just used a double negative and quite a few misspellings. You also have reading comprehension issues, because I never said I owned one. So I guess I am not a criminal after all?

But regardless, maybe you don't consider a car starter useful or a valid use of one's money, but thankfully, other people can decide what they want to do with their own money. I think it's perfectly fine to own one and actually a smart investment.

I'm not really sure why you assume it's for lazy people. It's a time-saver.
confused

Washington, DC

#20 Feb 13, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Mrs. Intelligence, you just used a double negative and quite a few misspellings. You also have reading comprehension issues, because I never said I owned one. So I guess I am not a criminal after all?

But regardless, maybe you don't consider a car starter useful or a valid use of one's money, but thankfully, other people can decide what they want to do with their own money. I think it's perfectly fine to own one and actually a smart investment.

I'm not really sure why you assume it's for lazy people. It's a time-saver.
If I remember correctly you attacked me first by calling me dumb and stupid.! I simply posted what would be another valid reason to install a remote starter, beside pure laziness.?
After your long excuse of a valid reason and you don't have one? What the hell are you complaining about?
You can make fun of me anyway you choose, but it doesn't change the fact "All vehicles are required to start with a key".
You need to learn some manners Mr. Bill, if not for society than maybe for your children! Have a great day starting your car in the cold.!
Bill

Waddy, KY

#21 Feb 13, 2012
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly you attacked me first by calling me dumb and stupid.! I simply posted what would be another valid reason to install a remote starter, beside pure laziness.?
After your long excuse of a valid reason and you don't have one? What the hell are you complaining about?
You can make fun of me anyway you choose, but it doesn't change the fact "All vehicles are required to start with a key".
You need to learn some manners Mr. Bill, if not for society than maybe for your children! Have a great day starting your car in the cold.!
1. No, actually, YOU started being rude by calling people lazy.
2. I said twice I don't have a car starter, so your reading comprehension is horrid. I suspect you didn't even graduate high school, despite your claim to a college degree.
3. If you think that little bit of text was a "long" excuse, it certainly explains why you're having trouble reading.
4. If you don't think saving time is a valid reason to have one, that's your problem, not mine.
5. I am a mannered person, but I treat rudeness with rudeness. Don't start it, and there won't be any.

Btw, you say you have a degree... are you employed, or just riding the backs of working people by pulling down free government money?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Josh dircks number? 2 hr Ymca guy 10
raven crest (Apr '13) 6 hr dr know it all 12
Century Plaza (Need info if you have any) (Jun '11) 7 hr I remember 106
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 hr yabadabado 135,615
Hippie on Clifton 9 hr Reds Fan 5
Anyone know the names of the younger guys that ... 10 hr Ymca guy 5
i truly love her and hate life without her 10 hr RightWrOnG 23
pappy van winkle 18 hr sthoel 32
Who did Brandon Ashur molest? Fri Just Anonymous 5
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]