selling gold in frankfort

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
the man

Frankfort, KY

#1 Oct 28, 2009
all these places that buy gold from people who are down and out are only ripping everyone off.they only paying you a fifth of what its worth.if you have gold for sale take it to edlins in louisville on bardstown trail,that where they take it to sell theirs and you can to
AGREE

Frankfort, KY

#2 Oct 28, 2009
I took a 18k gold ring that had 1/2k diamond to Wooldridge a couple of months ago and they only wanted to give me $80 for it. I looked at him and said I thought your add said that you give TOP DOLLAR, I looked at him and said you and I both know that is not a TOP DOLLAR offer. I had it appraised after that, $950.00
NotFromHere

Social Circle, GA

#3 Oct 29, 2009
Wooldridge didn't get all those nice cars and that big house by giving people deals!
I sell to one guy

Frankfort, KY

#4 Dec 5, 2011
The thing to remember about Appraisal value and nelt value is they are not even related. I DO know however, Wolldridge, while he does pay better than the pawnshops and Gold Master, does not pay top dollar. He pays about 50% of spot value. I know because I price test all of them. Look on craigs list for a gold buyer in Frankfort, I give him all my business and he beats them all every time. Very nice guy and honest. I have tested his priced against everyone in Frankfort an he is alway better. He will inspect, test and separate gold by karat. A lot of the pawn shops throw all your gold in one pile and weigh it and pay you based on a small percentage of spot of the lowest karat.
Also, don't fall for the gold party scams either, they are JSUT as bad. Except they rip you off in the home of your best friend where its nice and comfortable.
Check craigs list.
uhh uhh

Frankfort, KY

#5 Dec 5, 2011
I sell to one guy wrote:
The thing to remember about Appraisal value and nelt value is they are not even related. I DO know however, Wolldridge, while he does pay better than the pawnshops and Gold Master, does not pay top dollar. He pays about 50% of spot value. I know because I price test all of them. Look on craigs list for a gold buyer in Frankfort, I give him all my business and he beats them all every time. Very nice guy and honest. I have tested his priced against everyone in Frankfort an he is alway better. He will inspect, test and separate gold by karat. A lot of the pawn shops throw all your gold in one pile and weigh it and pay you based on a small percentage of spot of the lowest karat.
Also, don't fall for the gold party scams either, they are JSUT as bad. Except they rip you off in the home of your best friend where its nice and comfortable.
Check craigs list.
Oh noooo. Both times I have sold gold, I went to wooldridge because of his top dollar claim & bot times the very next pawn shop I went to afterwards beat their prices without me telling that I just went there! He does not pay top dollar Or top prices in Frankfort!
Boo

United States

#6 Dec 6, 2011
Boo
Frankfort Gold

AOL

#7 Dec 6, 2011
I also took some nice 18k rings to Wooldridge and he insulted me by calling my rings SCRAP GOLD. I took them right back home. Boo on him!!
Agree

Frankfort, KY

#8 Dec 7, 2011
the man wrote:
all these places that buy gold from people who are down and out are only ripping everyone off.they only paying you a fifth of what its worth.if you have gold for sale take it to edlins in louisville on bardstown trail,that where they take it to sell theirs and you can to

Did you call it Bardstown Trail? It's just Bardtown Rd and it's located in Fern Creek, next to KFC, behind Mcallister deli. And yes this is the best place to go.
I sell to one guy

Frankfort, KY

#9 Dec 14, 2011
uhh uhh wrote:
<quoted text>Oh noooo. Both times I have sold gold, I went to wooldridge because of his top dollar claim & bot times the very next pawn shop I went to afterwards beat their prices without me telling that I just went there! He does not pay top dollar Or top prices in Frankfort!
Then maybe the others are stepping up. About a month ago he was paying more than Dan's.

I am not worry about any of them. I sell to a local guy who treats me right.
Just wondering

Frankfort, KY

#10 Dec 14, 2011
I sell to one guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then maybe the others are stepping up. About a month ago he was paying more than Dan's.
I am not worry about any of them. I sell to a local guy who treats me right.
Who is it? Why should I go to Craigslist and try to figure out a name when you can recommend an honest person on this forum?
Anon

Frankfort, KY

#11 Dec 15, 2011
Edlin's is by far and away the best place to go-the drive to Louisville is worth it.

I've dealt with them a lot, and they consistently pay 90% of spot or better.
oh yeah

Washington, DC

#12 Dec 16, 2011
go to edlins in louisville, you will make your gas money back doing that.Its the best buyer around.
Eric

Frankfort, KY

#13 Jan 23, 2012
Call/Text me when you have gold to sell. I am the guy the other posters was talking about.

Eric
three one nine - zero two two two

I will pay you more than any of the pawn shops/dans in town and it will not be worth an hour and a half trip to Louisville and back.

Edlin Pays about 80% of spot for gold. I will pay you the same. Just like Edlin, I am not in it to resell your stuff. I don't care the condition. I am paying based on gold value.

Save your drive.
charlie brown

United States

#14 Dec 22, 2012
Eric wrote:
Call/Text me when you have gold to sell. I am the guy the other posters was talking about.
Eric.
mr. Eric- where bouts are you located? I have several genuine gold pieces as well as gold over silver (not sure if you accept such merchandise.) also, a few pieces do have diamonds. Does that up or lower the value? Im from frankfort and have no intentions of shoppin at a pawn shop, classic gold, or a crook like wooldridge. You seem quite honest, and a very upstandin guy in the comminity. Id just like to know im not gettin 'took' when it comes to my jewelry.

I am a resident of frankfort and would love to meet up with you. What are your business hours? Im free after 6pm tomorrow. If that doesnt work for you i can send my husband.
henry

Frankfort, KY

#15 Dec 26, 2012
NotFromHere wrote:
Wooldridge didn't get all those nice cars and that big house by giving people deals!
YES YOUR RIGHT AND IF YOU COULD RUN A BACK GROUND CHECK ON HIM ; YOU WOULD KNOW WHY! Wish i could educate the public on what a crook and piece of crap this man really is..
Looking

Danville, KY

#16 Dec 26, 2012
Eric wrote:
Eric
three one nine - zero two two two
I will pay you more than any of the pawn shops/dans in town and it will not be worth an hour and a half trip to Louisville and back.
Edlin Pays about 80% of spot for gold. I will pay you the same. Just like Edlin, I am not in it to resell your stuff. I don't care the condition. I am paying based on gold value.
Save your drive.
Are you still buying gold? And does the value increase with the diamonds like I think it should? Is your number still the same?
Eric

Frankfort, KY

#17 Feb 1, 2013
charlie brown wrote:
<quoted text>
mr. Eric- where bouts are you located? I have several genuine gold pieces as well as gold over silver (not sure if you accept such merchandise.) also, a few pieces do have diamonds. Does that up or lower the value? Im from frankfort and have no intentions of shoppin at a pawn shop, classic gold, or a crook like wooldridge. You seem quite honest, and a very upstandin guy in the comminity. Id just like to know im not gettin 'took' when it comes to my jewelry.
I am a resident of frankfort and would love to meet up with you. What are your business hours? Im free after 6pm tomorrow. If that doesnt work for you i can send my husband.
First, thank you for the compliments. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I just do not get here very often. I am not much for the gossip on here, which is why my number is typed out above. Please, feel free to use it to call or text. If I do not answer, please leave a message and I will call back when I can.

I live on the East Side. However, I do not have a shop, hence why I can pay much more than others in town. I do have a legal business entity with the state and I do file taxes just like any other business. but because the majority of my business is dealing with dealers and wholesale market, I really do not have a need for the addition expense of a brick and mortar location that really would only serve to drive my costs up.

Diamonds, if they are pretty decent size can up the value. Never sell to anyone that deducts weight for diamonds. I have shopped some businesses that will deduct "a little weight" for diamonds.

Well, how that works is like so:

If you consider the average person really cannot think what a gram is. That's a pretty small amount of weight. The average person would tend to think that "a couple grams" is probably fair.

Let me put this into perspective.

A couple grams of gold is 30-60 bucks out of your pocket into theirs.

A couple grams of diamonds is 10 carats.(5 carats per gram) That's a lot of diamonds in on piece. Or some REALLY big stones that you should be getting compensated for.

Small stones really are not worth compensating for. Unless you have a bunch of them, they are not going to be worth a lot of mone on wholesale side of things where gold buyers work. There is a *HUGE* markup in diamonds by the time it gets from the wholesale place to the retail side.

With that said though, NEVER let anyone deduct for diamonds, the weight isn't there to make a difference in their bottom line and it will certainly effect yours.
Eric

Frankfort, KY

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still buying gold? And does the value increase with the diamonds like I think it should? Is your number still the same?
Number still is the same. See previous post about diamonds.

Diamonds can certainly up the cost and should never cut the cost. But keep in mind, the price you pay for diamonds at the retail store is greatly inflated.
misty

United States

#19 Feb 3, 2013
There is a guy at the Simpsonville flea market that pays good for gold or a place in Louisville called EDLINS the pay more than any1 anywhere they r a gold refinery so u cut the middle man straight out
Eric

Frankfort, KY

#20 Feb 4, 2013
misty wrote:
There is a guy at the Simpsonville flea market that pays good for gold or a place in Louisville called EDLINS the pay more than any1 anywhere they r a gold refinery so u cut the middle man straight out
Unless you have a business license and tax ID, edlin pays the same as I do. Save the drive.

Edlin is NOT a refinery. Edlin sells all their gold to a refinery. A refinery processes karat gold back down to pure gold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Childers Please run for Franklin County She... 7 min TC FAN 5
City Commissioner Race 2018 13 min TC FAN 7
Walt Baldwin @ FPB Caught Red Handed 20 min TC FAN 48
Fpb in a mess 26 min TC FAN 26
Mayor Bill May And Walt Baldwin make your elect... 31 min lol 10
Jeremy Hughes 43 min JeremyHughes 1
Tackle Box 49 min Lol 7
Chris Quire as our new Sheriff 1 hr OMG 39
trans cafe to be shut down 2 hr wtf 52

Frankfort Jobs