Job opening at Frankfort Plant Board

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

jobs

United States

#1 Jul 14, 2010
EMPLOYMENT Opportunities

The Frankfort Plant Board, a 60-year-old municipal utility (Electric, Water, CATV, & Telecommunications) in the capital city of Kentucky is recruiting for the following positions. When applying for more than one position, please submit an application for each position you are applying for.

Job Openings

Meter Reader I

The Frankfort Plant Board’s Customer Service department has an opening for a full-time Meter Reader I. This employee serves as meter reader for the Plant Board; connects, disconnects and reconnects meters; performs related work as requried.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduation from high school or equivalent supplemented by one year work experience, including frequent contact with the public..

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Must be able to successfully complete drug screening and background investigation.

We offer $12.91 hourly plus an excellent benefits package (including membership in the Kentucky Retirement System).

QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MAY APPLY IN PERSON AT THE OFFICE OF EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING, Monday, July 12, 2010 thru Friday, July 16, 2010, 1121 Louisville Rd, Pine Hill Plaza, Suite 6, Frankfort, KY or you may obtain an application on this page.

No Phone Calls Please.

FPB is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.

All current job openings are advertised.

At least once, in the Sunday edition of The State Journal (Frankfort, KY publication)
Until filled, on the Frankfort Plant Board's cable television Photo Classified, Channel 27.
On this website.
If you are interested in an advertised opening, please apply during the dates and times specified in the advertisement. If there is no deadline date /(open until filled) is advertised, apply as soon as possible for the best opportunity to be considered for the position.

All applications must be completed at, or returned to
The Office of Employment and Training,
1121 Louisville Road
Pine Hill Plaza, Suite 6,
Frankfort, KY 40601

You may download and print the Employment Application PDF on this page.

Candidates for all positions must successfully complete a drug screen/background investigation.

Local applicants may apply in person at The Office of Employment and Training, 1121 Louisville Road, Pine Hill Plaza, Suite 6, Frankfort, KY, 40601 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and between 7:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on Friday.

WAGES & BENEFITS:
The Plant Board offers competitive wages (based upon individual qualifications) and an excellent benefits package which includes membership in the KY Retirement System (27 years = full retirement), Deferred Compensation, Life, Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Vacation & Sick Leave.

ORGANIZATIONS THAT REFER CANDIDATES:
If your organization refers job seekers to employers, and you would like to request that we notify your organization of job openings at Frankfort Plant Board, please contact us. We’ll include your organization on our job notifications mailing list..

You may e-mail your request to AHay@fewpb.com.

The postal mailing address is: FPB, Attention Angie Hay, P.O. Box 308 , Frankfort , KY 40602.

FPB is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.
HMMMMM

Frankfort, KY

#2 Jul 14, 2010
A job offer on topix??? Uh ok I actually might check this out.
okay

United States

#3 Jul 14, 2010
This looks like it is from their website. I think this is the link. http://www.fewpb.com/Administration/HumanReso...

I may apply also. It looks like my time with the state will carry over to here and I bet FPB doesn't furlough their employees for 6 days.
Skull-n-crossbon es

Frankfort, KY

#4 Jul 14, 2010
Only 1 opening? Good luck. Hope you have inside help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 15 min Another Vet 7,129
What are they selling at John's 17 min Kytim6482 34
Frankfort City School Buses 1 hr well 12
Curtiss Trophy 2 hr Kytim6482 29
New Trophy store 2 hr Wendy 124
Red Dot 2 hr special opts buddy 12
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Athenesword 131,107
Frankfort Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Frankfort Jobs

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]