First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Looking for a church

Frankfort, KY

#1 Apr 22, 2011
I am thinking of starting to church, maybe baptist. I haven't decided yet. I want a church where I will feel welcome no matter where in my Christian life I am. I don't want one where the people think they are better than you because it is "their" church. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
John

Frankfort, KY

#2 Apr 22, 2011
Every church in town--in every town--has people who will welcome you, and people who might not. Most churches in town try to do a good job making folks feel welcome.

Don't let those people who don't welcome you influence your choice. You're not going to church to please them, you're going to church to worship God, and because the local church is the clear model for us to follow in Christianity.

Start your evaluation with what is taught there. Is it Scriptural, or is it some adaptation of Scripture that has been modified to be more palatable to today's society? Does the church leadership use Biblical principles in how they govern the church members? Is the worship God-focused rather than me-focused?

All the other things some people think are so important--preaching style, worship style, etc.--are really matters of cultural/personal taste and secondary to those things above.

Those are some things I'd suggest. Good luck and God bless!
Looking for a church

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Apr 22, 2011
John wrote:
Every church in town--in every town--has people who will welcome you, and people who might not. Most churches in town try to do a good job making folks feel welcome.

Don't let those people who don't welcome you influence your choice. You're not going to church to please them, you're going to church to worship God, and because the local church is the clear model for us to follow in Christianity.

Start your evaluation with what is taught there. Is it Scriptural, or is it some adaptation of Scripture that has been modified to be more palatable to today's society? Does the church leadership use Biblical principles in how they govern the church members? Is the worship God-focused rather than me-focused?

All the other things some people think are so important--preaching style, worship style, etc.--are really matters of cultural/personal taste and secondary to those things above.

Those are some things I'd suggest. Good luck and God bless!
If I may ask, which church do you belong to?
BullDonk

Frankfort, KY

#4 Apr 22, 2011
I wouldn't go to any of these churches. Everyone is just stuck up their own ass. They don't care for new people to worship the so called "God" They just do it for fun. I've had horrible experiences.

I was recently in a car wreck and i had contacted a pastor about going to a church not even 2 minutes away. I could walk there but im still in pain. I had asked him to see if anyone could possibly pick me up in exchange for money because i was without a vehicle. I was told that i could not get a ride from anyone since it was only my second time in my life that i had been to that church and if god didnt paralyze me they'd had wanted me to walk there.....

Long story short. Fuck the low-scum that deny people that try to find a religion and just deny them.........
Looking for a church

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Apr 22, 2011
BullDonk wrote:
I wouldn't go to any of these churches. Everyone is just stuck up their own ass. They don't care for new people to worship the so called "God" They just do it for fun. I've had horrible experiences.

I was recently in a car wreck and i had contacted a pastor about going to a church not even 2 minutes away. I could walk there but im still in pain. I had asked him to see if anyone could possibly pick me up in exchange for money because i was without a vehicle. I was told that i could not get a ride from anyone since it was only my second time in my life that i had been to that church and if god didnt paralyze me they'd had wanted me to walk there.....

Long story short. Fuck the low-scum that deny people that try to find a religion and just deny them.........
What church was that?
Looking for a church

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Apr 22, 2011
I am looking for a smaller church where the people aren't stuck up. I would like to find a church that has a womens bible study group or just a ladies social group. I am 39 and would like to meet some women my age that aren't interested in going out and partying. My life revolves around my family.
What side

Frankfort, KY

#7 Apr 23, 2011
Of town?
Looking for a church

Frankfort, KY

#8 Apr 23, 2011
What side wrote:
Of town?
I'm on the west side but I will go to either if I find the right church.
wha?

Frankfort, KY

#9 Apr 23, 2011
Don't go to hope. The praise band thinks they are rockstars. Sad.
Love it

Frankfort, KY

#10 Apr 23, 2011
I am close to your age and go to Camp Pleasant Baptist. It's out of the way a bit but it's a wonderful church. People are down to earth...some dress up and some (like myself) wear jeans most of the time. They do have many groups including one for ladies only. It's the first church I have found where it didn't feel like the majority was looking down their nose at me. The pastor and his wife are very friendly and down to earth as well and we gave great music! Hope to see you there.
Looking for a church

Frankfort, KY

#11 Apr 23, 2011
Love it wrote:
I am close to your age and go to Camp Pleasant Baptist. It's out of the way a bit but it's a wonderful church. People are down to earth...some dress up and some (like myself) wear jeans most of the time. They do have many groups including one for ladies only. It's the first church I have found where it didn't feel like the majority was looking down their nose at me. The pastor and his wife are very friendly and down to earth as well and we gave great music! Hope to see you there.
Where is camp pleasant? Do you belong to the womens group? What is it like? I think I am going to try Evergreen Baptist tomorrow. I really want one where people don't look down on me cuz I don't dress up. I usually wear jeans and a nice shirt. I want one that will accept me as a new Christian with a lot of questions.
Looking for a church

Frankfort, KY

#12 Apr 23, 2011
I also post under tiredmomof5 if anyone wants to talk.
Big Boy

Frankfort, KY

#13 Apr 23, 2011
I am not a big fan of brain washing facilities.
wms

Lawrenceburg, KY

#14 Apr 23, 2011
Big Boy wrote:
I am not a big fan of brain washing facilities.
I agree
In the Know

Winchester, KY

#15 Apr 23, 2011
Looking for a church wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is camp pleasant? Do you belong to the womens group? What is it like? I think I am going to try Evergreen Baptist tomorrow. I really want one where people don't look down on me cuz I don't dress up. I usually wear jeans and a nice shirt. I want one that will accept me as a new Christian with a lot of questions.
I believe you will enjoy Evergreen. It is a good church and everyone is very friendly.
Looking for a church

Frankfort, KY

#16 Apr 23, 2011
In the Know wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you will enjoy Evergreen. It is a good church and everyone is very friendly.
Can I dress casual as in jeans?

Since: Aug 09

Frankfort, KY

#17 Apr 23, 2011
What about Capital City Christian? Does anyone go, or have in the past, gone there?
CCC

Frankfort, KY

#18 Apr 23, 2011
I go to Capital City Christian. I have been going there a couple of years and really like the people. They have a great womens ministry. You can dress casual. I suggest trying a few churches a couple of times before deciding. That is what I did but when I went to Capital City I felt comfortable there. The people there aren't judgemental either. Good luck!
Love it

Frankfort, KY

#19 Apr 23, 2011
Camp Pleasant is on Shaddrick Ferry Road (not sure if I spelled correctly). No I am not in the women's group but only because I am painfully shy. There are so many very friendly wonderful people there, though. And I love that I can walk in with my jeans on and no one looks down their nose at me.
Looking for a church

Frankfort, KY

#20 Apr 24, 2011
Love it wrote:
Camp Pleasant is on Shaddrick Ferry Road (not sure if I spelled correctly). No I am not in the women's group but only because I am painfully shy. There are so many very friendly wonderful people there, though. And I love that I can walk in with my jeans on and no one looks down their nose at me.
I am very shy too. If I decide to go there, maybe we could join it together. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lonely heart 6 min alleyes 37
Hey you 4 hr MeMe 5
Tammy Burleson in jail again 6 hr KathyL 20
is it bad if there is a 12 yr age gap in a rela... 8 hr Bystander 11
georgetown rd shops 8 hr No Doubt 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 hr Litti 135,071
Looking for information about Twin Oaks Subdivi... 15 hr yes 7
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]