mary west thornhill director

mary west thornhill director

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

a parent

Frankfort, KY

#1 Sep 16, 2009
If it wasnt for my children enjoying the company of the other children there at Thornhill, THEY WOULDNT BE GOING THERE. Mary West is not that great with children and she is quite strange. She is a burn out. I miss the old days when THE WESTS ran Thornhill, there were NEVER any problems and they handled everything so politely. She on the other hand judges students and doesnt look at them equally. Which I think is wrong. WHen is someone on that board of directors going to get rid of her and find good people like the ones who ran it prior to her. GET IT TOGETHER DIRECTORS, do something about her.
flat tire

Frankfort, KY

#2 Sep 16, 2009
she was marries to mark west, mary was. mark and mary were burning something, i agree with you they are burnt out. mike west is mark's dad, mary's father inlaw.
well now

Frankfort, KY

#3 Sep 16, 2009
Mary is a good and spirited person. She is gifted, eccentric and unusual. Just because she is different is not a bad thing. Mary is a good person, I have known her a long time. What do you mean by burn out anyhow? Mary is a good person, shame on you for dogging her out in a public forum. If you are really that concerned, how about putting pen to paper and trying to get something done about it instead of putting her on blast on this forum?
a parent

Frankfort, KY

#4 Sep 16, 2009
The paper has been written no need to concern yourself with that well now. I dont have to say a word and people know about her. Burn out, I think you can figure it out yourself, you seem to be educated yourself. She is nothing like The West's, she was lucky to have such great in-laws. Parenst there can not stand her and we will take a stand to get her to move on. I wish she would just move on herself to save herself the embrassment. MOVE ON MARY WEST, find somewhere else to go. PLEASE!!!
flat tire

Frankfort, KY

#5 Sep 16, 2009
mark has been in and out of rehab, maybe its mary's turn have you seen mary at the Brick Alley? Wow!!!
Activist

Frankfort, KY

#6 Sep 16, 2009
A group of parents attending a meeting of the Board of Directors, if properly prepared to present the issue politely and reasonably, can effect the changes discussed here. Try it.
concerned

Tokyo, Japan

#7 Sep 28, 2009
"a Parent" has some very strong opinions about Mary, but setting up a discussion to trash someone anonymously is a very bad thing to do. I have seen these sort of things begin to spiral out of control, and the damage they can do is unfortunate.

Having met Mary, I find her to be a dedicated, enthusiastic person working to help her community. It's hard to reconcile the woman I know with the caricature I see on this page.

It makes me think that this might simply be a case of two different personality types not getting along. That happens. But to go behind someone's back in this way is dishonorable.
Hmmm

Frankfort, KY

#8 Sep 29, 2009
Sounds like a bunch of ignorant folks who persecute someone that is different from them simply because they don't understand her. "Oh my god....she dresses weird....Oh my god....she talks funny.....Oh my god....she doesn't listen to Toby Keith."

She is an awesome person with a giant heart and a level of dedication that is unparralled. She gladly would have discussed this with you face to face. She is that kind of person. Perhaps that would have been the responsible and professional route to take.
matts mom

Frankfort, KY

#9 Sep 29, 2009
My child used to go to Thornhill back when the Wests ran it and when Mary took over. She is very understanding and I have nothing but positive things to say about her. Although Mary may be different than most of you and a little eccentric, that doesn't make her a bad person. She is wonderful with the kids and that is the most important thing! Mary is dedicated and loves what she does. Stop trashing her on a public forum and hiding behind your computer! The people that are speaking negatively about her are close minded and racist against people who aren't exactly like they think they should be. Mary is a great person! I've shared a bottle of wine with her after hours and a summer concert and she was 100% appropriate, nothing out of the ordinary.
uhh

Frankfort, KY

#10 Sep 29, 2009
obviously some of you people havent experienced mike and cathy west first hand. i worked personally with them for 10 years and mary as well. tho mike and cathy may have once had a great program, as they aged, their attitude towards children was miserable. yes they made the parents think they were kind and polite, but name calling, yelling in the childrens faces and just horribly bad attitudes were right under the surface. their staff and the children alike feared them. mary on the other hand is open, accepting and always listens to the childrens needs. she doesnt grab them and insult them. and she also doenst use the program as her own personal piggy bank like mike and cathy did. they even stole equipment and things from the center when they left. and hey...working with a hundred kids all day every day i think deserves a little bit of relaxation and letting loose on the weekends. you parents sure aren't putting up with anything she has to put up with. and she does a much better job than you can ever hope to do. and dealing with the horrible 2 year long divorce she went through and dealing with the misery her former inlaws put her through is enough to make anyone lose their mind. its only made mary stronger. and shes turned the program around for the better. its a shame the community doesnt see all the work and heart shes put into it.
Alicia New

Frankfort, KY

#11 Sep 29, 2009
Whoever posted this should be ashamed! Mary is one of the most wonderful women I've ever had the privilege to know! She has blessed my life in countless ways. If you had any heart at all you would use your real names in this slander. I'm afraid this planet has way bigger issues than one lady who seems "quite strange"... get real. Those children LOVE her and are lucky to have her. Love and light Mary ... you are spectacular!
a-nother parent

Frankfort, KY

#12 Oct 3, 2009
If "a parent" spent as much energy observing first hand the interractions between Mary West and the children in her care as he/she spends trashing her in a public forum, he/she would know how warped his/her PERSONAL OPINION is of her. Get out from behind your computer and go see for yourself what a wonderful caregiver she is! What kind of "a parent" would place their child in the care of the kind of person they think Ms. West is anyhow? What kind of "a parent" are you, anyway? I have observed my child's self esteem grow since going there. I have nothing but positive things to say about how the staff there, under Ms. West's direction, handles children. She and her staff treat the children with respect and kindness, quite unlike other programs my child has attended where authoritarian attitudes soar. Ms. West treats all of the children with dignity and fairness.
charles cohan

Lawrenceburg, KY

#13 Sep 11, 2011
I love how cowards on here hide behind a brick wall. Dont be such little bitches. Anyone talking about the wests in public would have there asses fried like chicken :)
brixk

United States

#14 Sep 12, 2011
If Mary did such a great job of running it then how come it's closed? Took mike and Cathy 20 years to build it up and Mary 2 years to ruin it
Unfortunate You

Frankfort, KY

#15 Sep 13, 2011
brixk wrote:
If Mary did such a great job of running it then how come it's closed? Took mike and Cathy 20 years to build it up and Mary 2 years to ruin it
You must be so proud of yourself for starting trouble for such good person. Shame on you. Get a life. If there were more people like Mary in this world then the world would be a better place for us all. She is one of the most wonderful human beings that I have ever known.

You must be either ignorant, misinformed, completely devoid of anything better to do than hurt others, or just plain mean. Either way, you are not worth listening to, so do us all a favor, let it go and shut up. Regardless, you appear to be outnumbered in your opinion of this fine woman because so many obviously educated, good citizens of this town have come here to defend her from the likes of you.
Mary

Frankfort, KY

#16 Sep 14, 2011
She is a NUT but fairly harmless.
brixk

United States

#17 Sep 14, 2011
Oh you are misinformed people, I like her a lot. Funny crafty and whatnot but she wasn't cut out to run a daycare, to whoever hastily defended her, your hate is misplaced. If you truly know her then you would know she's not cut out to do it either. And informed I am, I was a part of thorn hill for over a decade so i saw first hand what happened. You called out the wrong person
Unfortunate You

Frankfort, KY

#18 Sep 14, 2011
Yes, you obviously like her a lot. That is why you chose to get onto this anonymous forum that is known for slander and discuss her without posting your real name. Now I get it. If that is how you treat people that you like, I condsider myself fortunate to not know you or be your friend. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

There is no hatred to displace. Hatred is not an emotion that someone like me indulges in. Allowing yourself to succumb to such a worthless emotion is only harmful to yourself and could compel a person to do something as despicable as slandering a good person's name on an anonymous internet forum.

Now, I am done with you. I have wasted enough of my time and energry. Best regards to you in the future and may you someday find the courage and integrity to share your concerns with someone to their face, rather than behind their back.
brixk

United States

#19 Sep 14, 2011
I'm sorry I didn't catch your name on this anonymous site?? You come and argue with the bashers?? You are just as low as you think I am by even getting on this site. You think this site was created to boost peoples reputations? No, it was obviously made for anonymous people to leak information true or untrue and not be persecuted by you the mom/friend of the year. Get off your pedestal and realize what site your on
brixk

United States

#20 Sep 15, 2011
Yup. Big bad wolf can't even post her name!!! Hypocrite!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
411 26 min MeMeMe 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr uMoron 143,090
Dallas sams works for the police!!! 5 hr dads of the south 8
FCHS vs Hills 5 hr dads of the south 14
banta's security & investigations (Jan '13) 5 hr trooper100 47
Barry Devers 7 hr ridiculous 1
Buffalo Trace 12 hr WOW 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages