looking

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2012
Does anyone know if they are still making cakes on the side since they closed up shop? I am so upset that I can't buy anymore cakes from them. My sons birthday is coming up and I tried Poppy's and it's just not the same. I wish I had the recipe because I would make it myself! Or does anyone know where I can get a white cake with the poured icing as good as Magees?? Any help would be great! Thanks
amazed

Frankfort, KY

#2 Jul 29, 2012
looking wrote:
Does anyone know if they are still making cakes on the side since they closed up shop? I am so upset that I can't buy anymore cakes from them. My sons birthday is coming up and I tried Poppy's and it's just not the same. I wish I had the recipe because I would make it myself! Or does anyone know where I can get a white cake with the poured icing as good as Magees?? Any help would be great! Thanks
I had a lady make a 50th anniversary cake for my parents and it was awesome. I think her shop is called red head cakes or red head bakery. I can get her name if you want.
ABBA55

Frankfort, KY

#3 Jul 29, 2012
Pretty Cakes are on facebook and she has photos of cakes she has done. The are wonderful
yes please

Louisville, KY

#5 Jul 30, 2012
amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a lady make a 50th anniversary cake for my parents and it was awesome. I think her shop is called red head cakes or red head bakery. I can get her name if you want.
Can you please give us the info for this? I was thinking the same thing! I am all about taste, not just what it looks like! Thanks
Here is a thought

Frankfort, KY

#6 Jul 30, 2012
Buy an advertisement with the local media of your choice and stop using topix. The topix threads need to be saved for gossip and other trash talk!
Death

United States

#7 Jul 31, 2012
looking wrote:
What kind of cake/icing are you looking for? Might be able to help if I had more info.
amazed

Frankfort, KY

#8 Jul 31, 2012
yes please wrote:
<quoted text>Can you please give us the info for this? I was thinking the same thing! I am all about taste, not just what it looks like! Thanks
Email me at [email protected] I don't want to put her good name on topix.
junkman

United States

#10 Jan 25, 2013
mad wrote:
MaGees Bakery sucks!! They are nothing like they use to be! Stay away from these trashy people. They are rude and from what I hear are cheats!!
its not nice to judge people
what if they got on here and said that about you.in wich case it may be the truth...have a great day and a better tommorow
Watch out

Tucker, GA

#13 Jan 26, 2013
These people are nice people ..... And they do make cakes and I do believe they use the same recipe ....I have tried some of thier things and twy are pretty good. Some people just don't like change or don't give people a chance to show them what they can do . If u try it and don't like it don't go back but don't talk about them at least they can have a business what can u have and I see that they are still open as well so they must be doing something good .
Sad

Frankfort, KY

#14 Jan 26, 2013
I was sad to see the old Magees leave. The place had so much charm and the people working there were great and cared about their customers.

My first visit to the new Magees was the day after they opened. I was shocked to see the lack of selection. The cookies were good, but not $1.50 each good.

My second visit was just a couple weeks ago. They had my favorite cookie, i was soooooo excited!! Until I tasted them. They have the recipe and Charlie was even supposed to coach them for a while. But the chocolate on the chocolate drop cookies was aweful.

I have to say I probably wont go back there.
Watch out

Tucker, GA

#15 Jan 26, 2013
Sad wrote:
I was sad to see the old Magees leave. The place had so much charm and the people working there were great and cared about their customers.
My first visit to the new Magees was the day after they opened. I was shocked to see the lack of selection. The cookies were good, but not $1.50 each good.
My second visit was just a couple weeks ago. They had my favorite cookie, i was soooooo excited!! Until I tasted them. They have the recipe and Charlie was even supposed to coach them for a while. But the chocolate on the chocolate drop cookies was aweful.
I have to say I probably wont go back there.
u want go back cause of one bad cookie heck they just opened so give the people a chance u can't count someone out over one cookie geezzzz.... I don't think the person who was suppose to work wit them ever did so ..... Everyone cooks different so it's we're u aren't used to the new people that's the thing people get so use to a habit and don't like to try new but things never stay the same so that's why we have to be open to be open for new options .
Watch out

Tucker, GA

#16 Jan 26, 2013
bugs wrote:
They have bugs! Lots of bugs!
bugs what kind of bugs and how would u know I know someone who works there and if they had bugs I would know that for sure .
Well

Frankfort, KY

#19 Jan 29, 2013
Thy arent magees that's why they don't taste like magees .... Give people a chance people .
That Guy

Shepherdsville, KY

#20 Jan 29, 2013
Strategic error made by the new owners.

If you want a fresh start, and have people evaluate your food on its own merit, you change the name of the place.

If you want to bank on an established name, and you change the food, you better be prepared for a backlash. And that's exactly what's happening. When people walk in "Magee's", they want the doughnut they got 10 years ago.
Molded

Frankfort, KY

#26 Feb 14, 2013
I used to love Magees! I surprised my husband with a Magees Bakery Chocolate Dipped Strawberry birthday cake back in 2010, this was his very first cake from Magees he had ever had. I just raved about how good their stuff was, until this. I picked up the cake, got it home, did exactly what they told me, and by the next morning, the strawberries were completely molded. The cake had to be thrown away. I told them about it and they never did anything to make it right. They could have at least offered a replacement cake, but, they did nothing. That is no way to treat your customers. I was very disappointed.
Hmmmm

Shepherdsville, KY

#28 Feb 16, 2013
that guy wrote:
Magee's has been a home town favorite for years. I need to go try it out
"home town favorite"

LOL @ thinly disguised owner advertising
NOT

Mount Eden, KY

#29 Feb 16, 2013
I stopped in to try their sandwiches a week or so ago, threw half in the trash, a waste of $4. Yes, $4 for just a sandwich. They had a limited selection, one lady came in needing a cake 'on the fly' and they had NOTHING to offer her. It's a BAKERY...I don't think they should have a million cakes every day, but you would think they'd have one or two for a forgotten special occassion.
Candace

Frankfort, KY

#31 Feb 20, 2013
I have had a Magee's cinnamon twist, hot out of the oven, on a recent Saturday morning, and it was as good as Charlie's, and perhaps a little bit better since it was just out of the oven. Everything my family has sampled from the new ownership has been great.
ManyChoices

Louisville, KY

#33 Mar 1, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>So the sandwich was no good?
I didn't care for the chicken salad sandwich, wish I had my $4 back :(
Angry

Chicago, IL

#34 Jul 12, 2013
Cheese bagel is awesome. Donuts are good, but not the same. The male owner needs to stay in the back. He's been very rude on numerous occasions. Was a repeat customer. Probably won't be going back after today. :-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rep John Lewis YEP loser Democrat 11 min WTF 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Strel 157,941
Brandon wright 29 min Just looking 1
Democrats imprisoned blacks 34 min mememe 15
Robert Louis Hampton jr (May '15) 37 min Mary 14
BLM don't matter all that much 1 hr Blacks for Dems 1
Hamburger steak Holiday inn thats the kind of w... 1 hr Hope for a girl 6
pizza driver found dead? 5 hr Equalizer 357
Dog Thug Mother Timikka Tillman 5 hr SMH 28
Teens abusing dog on video 21 hr Kayte 140

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages