WalMart Strikers Black Friday

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wally World

Frankfort, KY

#1 Nov 20, 2012
I will be picketing. Support the workers!
justme

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Be glad you have a job!
Wally World

Frankfort, KY

#3 Nov 20, 2012
You call what they provide a job? Get real man! Check out the pay and the benefits. It's little more than slave labor! Power to the people!
DMR

Frankfort, KY

#4 Nov 20, 2012
If youre stuck at Walmart.. thats probably because you didnt apply yourself at school. Suck it up and keep my Magnums stocked. A successful guy like myself can not be contracting STDs.
TheMan

United States

#5 Nov 20, 2012
Corporations are people too my friend and let's not forget, they are the job creators. Never question them. -Mitler Rawmoney

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#6 Nov 21, 2012
DMR wrote:
If youre stuck at Walmart.. thats probably because you didnt apply yourself at school. Suck it up and keep my Magnums stocked. A successful guy like myself can not be contracting STDs.
If you where successful you would not be buying from chinamart.
So these people whom are willing to work dont deserve a fair pay? Tell me, who is going to stock the products, run the registers, clean the store, if every one has "better jobs"?
They have a right to strike and I have a right to boycott chinamart
I refuse to buy anything from chinamart and urge others to shop elsewhere
Whatever

Tucker, GA

#7 Nov 21, 2012
I will be there shopping on Thanksgiving. The workers can quit if they want to. Remember it is a tough job market. And because of unions, Hostess is laying off 18,000 workers. Way to go unions.
junkman

United States

#8 Nov 21, 2012
If your not happy at wal-mart.go to work at mc donalds..or a car wash, or k-mart.its that simple
you dont have to stay there you did not sign a contract...leave leave.i am sure a mexican will be glad to replace your sorry butt.in this day and time a job is a job suck it up

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#9 Nov 21, 2012
Whatever wrote:
I will be there shopping on Thanksgiving. The workers can quit if they want to. Remember it is a tough job market. And because of unions, Hostess is laying off 18,000 workers. Way to go unions.
Talk about brain washed by Fox News, the "unions" agreed to take a pay CUT but the executives voted themselves huge pay increases. The over paid executives bled the company.
How a low wage earner like you could be against organizing so that you earn a livable wage shows that you are stupid

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#10 Nov 21, 2012
junkman wrote:
If your not happy at wal-mart.go to work at mc donalds..or a car wash, or k-mart.its that simple
you dont have to stay there you did not sign a contract...leave leave.i am sure a mexican will be glad to replace your sorry butt.in this day and time a job is a job suck it up
They have a right to organize and strike. If you shop at chinamart you are not a high wage earner, how would you like it if your boss paid you minimum wage.
Oh, why do you list jobs at mcdonalds as the only options, how about they quit chinamart and work for owens tires or Elderbearman?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#11 Nov 21, 2012
junkman wrote:
So you think it is wrong for some one to try to better themselves?
Sam wants you

United States

#12 Nov 21, 2012
Seriously... Your gonna complain about having to work? people will be lined up for your job longer than they will for the $200 laptop! Go on....quit! Ill work for doubletime on any holiday! Btw, WalMart has always been open during this time...when you applied for the job you knew this day was coming or were you hoping to have stole your Christmas by then and could careless about the job.
Whatever

Tucker, GA

#13 Nov 21, 2012
Satanic Priest, gee I don't know, keep my job at Hostess or go on strike and lose it. That's an easy decision. Bottom line is that the Company told them what was going to happen and the union tried to call their bluff. Wrong decision. Now they will all be out of work and probably going to Walmart to work.
well

United States

#14 Nov 21, 2012
A strike holds no power if there are 10 people ready to fill your position...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#16 Nov 21, 2012
Whatever wrote:
Satanic Priest, gee I don't know, keep my job at Hostess or go on strike and lose it. That's an easy decision. Bottom line is that the Company told them what was going to happen and the union tried to call their bluff. Wrong decision. Now they will all be out of work and probably going to Walmart to work.
You must watch Fox News. The union agreed on an 8% pay CUT. Hostess gave the executives a 600% pay increase.
So if your job said they where going to start paying you minimum wage you would just take that cut and be happy? No you would not

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#17 Nov 21, 2012
Sam wants you wrote:
Seriously... Your gonna complain about having to work? people will be lined up for your job longer than they will for the $200 laptop! Go on....quit! Ill work for doubletime on any holiday! Btw, WalMart has always been open during this time...when you applied for the job you knew this day was coming or were you hoping to have stole your Christmas by then and could careless about the job.
Walmart does not pay double time for on holidays.
And it is people like you who sell themselves cheep that lets companies pay minimum wage.
YOU are the problem. So go work for minimum wage all your life loser
Joe

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 Nov 21, 2012
Hey SP, you don't know crap. What don't you go where you belong. Loser!
Duh

Frankfort, KY

#19 Nov 21, 2012
The workers are getting paid more than the Chinese slave children who make their products.
No one finds it odd they can ship your toxic, plastic goods from all the way across the globe and still be so cheap?
There used to be "Made in USA" and "USA Proud" banners up all over WalMart. Without telling their customer base, they switched to all Chinese vendors and today get 85% of their products from Red China. To those of us that used to shop there because it exclusively sold US products, that is a 'bait and switch'.
Dan

Lawrenceburg, KY

#20 Nov 21, 2012
To Satanic Priest...I must admit, most of the time, I have a hard time reading your posts, but I gotta give it to you, you have done your homework on this one. I totally agree with all you have said on this thread. I don't blame the workers of Hostess after the CEO's gave themselves a 300% pay increase. Who in the hell does that? To all those commenting, they obviously don't understand the history of this company.
joe tompson

Frankfort, KY

#21 Nov 21, 2012
Sam wants you wrote:
Well here is fact smarty pants! Walmart called 30 people for interviews. 10 showed up only 6 of the 10 passed the background check and pee test. So many may line up but few r able or willing to work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 52 min another viewer 148,466
dru jockers 1 hr NotKimDavis 4
fpb 1 hr NotKimDavis 3
President Trump is gona be our greatest leader ... 1 hr NotKimDavis 6
Angel Kennedy (Jan '11) 2 hr I know why 24
John tincher please read 3 hr Whistleblower 16
Banta 5 hr NotKimDavis 253
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages